PDA

View Full Version : what did I do wrong?

war.ace
November 26th, 2008, 16:55
I installed the mooney by piglet and the oh-6a from the addons section here. but when I select them it doesnt show anything. It's like a ghost plane, you can only see the pilot and the cockpit glass maybe some lights but that's it! there was a "file.diz" in both zips but I dont know where to put them.

Killbilly
November 26th, 2008, 17:04
I installed the mooney by piglet and the oh-6a from the addons section here. but when I select them it doesnt show anything. It's like a ghost plane, you can only see the pilot and the cockpit glass maybe some lights but that's it! there was a "file.diz" in both zips but I dont know where to put them.

Did you read the readme files and install according to instructions?

war.ace
November 26th, 2008, 17:06
yes I read the readmes and it doesnt say anything about the .diz files

pointy31
November 26th, 2008, 17:35
The same thing happened to me with my previous computer. I tried everything, unchecking "render to textures", etc., no joy. I think it was my video card that didn't like something with the models, or the fact that I didn't have "Acceleration", but it was the same with several other airplanes that I tried. Then I got "FSX Gold" with Acceleration, and I bought a new, more capable computer. That did it for me. You may have better luck than I had, lets hope so...:isadizzy:

war.ace
November 26th, 2008, 17:39
pleasee help me I have not had one succesful add-on

harleyman
November 26th, 2008, 17:41
I don't know about those two planes in piticular,but some models are ported over FS9 ,and will or will not work with certain FSX Service packs....

The read-mes should say if they are for different Service Packs

N2056
November 26th, 2008, 18:31
The .diz files are common to downloads and are included in the zip files by the hosting site. They can be deleted :d

djscoo
November 26th, 2008, 18:52
install sp1, I had the same problem with his bronco, and that fixed it. :ernae:

Piglet
November 26th, 2008, 19:28
Those aircraft were built and imported using the FSX Service Pack 2 (SP2) SDK. SP2 can be downloaded from MS, or auto-installed when installing the Acceleration add-on pack.

war.ace
November 27th, 2008, 13:28
ok thanks piglet I'll ask my dad to install sp 2 tommorow or over the weekend