PDA

View Full Version : Looks like that B-52 Driver is out at last.

gradyhappyg
December 9th, 2010, 14:02
Now all I have to do is wait for the wife to doze off.
http://www.captainsim.com/products/x520/?/products/b520/index.html

Cirrus N210MS
December 9th, 2010, 14:15
looks nice i need to save up for other real world stuff :salute:

Aircanuck
December 9th, 2010, 14:17
Curious if anybody can comment on the "authentic sound pack" ..... is it the real deal ?

Cheers

Aircanuck:jump:

guzler
December 9th, 2010, 15:47
Amazing inside and out

Pepere
December 9th, 2010, 16:26
Does the "B52 Drive" include the aircraft and VC for only 25.00 EUR?

David

Lateral-G
December 9th, 2010, 17:00
Where's just the VC?

I was under the impression there would be a VC only package for those of us that already have the Buff.........

SADT
December 9th, 2010, 17:25
Lateral-G, if you look at the bottom of the page, you will see a link titled "10 Euro discount". I believe this is for those who already have the BUFF exterior. :salute:

Sundog
December 9th, 2010, 17:36
Lateral-G, if you look at the bottom of the page, you will see a link titled "10 Euro discount". I believe this is for those who already have the BUFF exterior. :salute:

Indeed. I had to search for it as well, but found the link for those who already have the exterior model. I bought it and installed it without a problem. You should note, though, that it uninstalls your exterior model and then installs the full package. Edited: Apparently it leaves all of your textures already installed in place. Cool.

Here is the link for the package for those who already have the exterior model. It's normally located at the bottom of the B-52 page listed as 10euro discount.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/x520/discount.html

StormILM
December 9th, 2010, 17:40
Just picked up the model in the last hour and gave it a whirl. It does have a VC which is excellent, the sound pack is right on target for the TF-33 Fans of the H model. The animations are excellent through and through. It flies very well but it isn't a fighter. Very typical of what pilot reports say about the truck like handling of the Buff. Frame rates on my 5 year old PC are outstanding. In the VC I get 20fps average with some drops depending on scenery, the exterior gets 30fps steady. As long as a system meets to prescribed specs, you will be fine. Those who have never I7 cores w/ mega RAM, and new video cards will be in heaven with the visual candy!

This is a well priced and excellent package.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

blazefox2
December 9th, 2010, 17:53
downloading now, will have to take it for some bombing runs in death valley:jump:

kcgb
December 10th, 2010, 00:48
If you think its a good idea to put a load manager in the package to load wing pylons and bomb bays like on the xload, go to the captain sim forum and vote in the B-52 section for a load manager. Guests can vote.

Aviator32
December 10th, 2010, 09:32
I would usually say that this wasn't my sort of add-on at all but I'm really, really tempted. I think I'd like to see and hear a video first and wait to hear about any performance issues.

Lateral-G
December 10th, 2010, 11:06
Indeed. I had to search for it as well, but found the link for those who already have the exterior model. I bought it and installed it without a problem. You should note, though, that it uninstalls your exterior model and then installs the full package. Edited: Apparently it leaves all of your textures already installed in place. Cool.

Here is the link for the package for those who already have the exterior model. It's normally located at the bottom of the B-52 page listed as 10euro discount.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/x520/discount.html

Thanks!

Paul K
December 10th, 2010, 11:55
Blimey, 25 Euros ? Thats a very reasonable price. While I don't really need the B-52, at 25 euros I have the horrible feeling I'm going to be donning a stetson and raving on about 'toe-to-toe noooclear combat with the Roooskies' by Christmas morning.

Roger
December 10th, 2010, 14:35
I had a bunch of B52 repaints which I lost in an hd failure; anyone got a link?

Roger
December 10th, 2010, 15:18
Found a few from McPhat studios at Avsim...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/B-52cs-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/B-52cs-1.jpg

JIMJAM
December 10th, 2010, 15:30
Another incredible historic aircraft but I really do not know what I would do with it. I had a great time for years with the Alpha B-1 and really thinking hard about getting the new polished Lancer. Thats a beast of bomber with gobs of power. The B-52 I imagine is going to handle and fly like a cruise liner. I do not think I am going to be doing touch and goes at St Barts or racing at Reno but getting to altitude and engaging the AP might be more exciting than my screen saver.
Still temping even though I have the feeling its going to become another one of my hanger queens in record time.

Sundog
December 10th, 2010, 16:51

Hi Roger,
Log into your CS account and go to your B-52 order page and click the link for free liveries. There are four pages worth. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for there.
:)

HvyEng
December 10th, 2010, 21:16
Howdy Yall,

I'm not so much for talking with my fingers, but this is an exception. I HIGHLY recommend the B-52 Driver from Captain Sim, it truly does justice to the ol' BUFF. Now if I can just find that dang panaflex drive.....

--Dan

vora
December 11th, 2010, 00:20
A great airplane... I also highly recommend this monster.
That's a VC which really justifies my recent purchase of TrackIR 5.

BTW: Roger, there are also some of jankees' repaints at OzX:
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/5-emergency-armed-forces/
look on page 3

cajj1
December 11th, 2010, 00:35

There are a lot of BUFF repaints at this site http://nathansfsxrepaints.co.uk/

krazycolin
December 11th, 2010, 00:57
That's a VC which really justifies my recent purchase of TrackIR 5.

Thanks.

vora
December 11th, 2010, 01:08
There are a lot of BUFF repaints at this site http://nathansfsxrepaints.co.uk/
Holy moley! :icon_eek:
I will leave this site open all christmas eve!
I just had to buy this gentleman a coffee...

PS: Hell of a work, Colin!

Roger
December 11th, 2010, 03:46
Thanks for the replies on repaints fellas:ernae:

hschuit
December 11th, 2010, 04:56
That was worth waiting for :jump:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/schuit/FlightSim/Buff1.jpg

DaveQ
December 14th, 2010, 13:37
A B-52 in 617 Sqdn. livery currently carried by Tornado GR.4's at Lossiemouth. As if...!

DaveQ

Jwcfly
December 14th, 2010, 14:13
Something about RAF colours:salute:

Now on to the Mach Loop!

Roger
December 14th, 2010, 14:48
Like this one...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/B-52cs-3.jpg

FlameOut
December 14th, 2010, 16:15
Yes, this B-52 Driver is sweet! I've not yet read all of the documentation, but I have been fooling around with the [CameraDefinition.XXX] sections to get a little more in the way of views inside that fine V.C. All views are pan-able with your joystick P.O.V. switch.
Here are my edits if anyone would want to copy & paste 'em to the aircraft cfg. in the appropriate section and in any sequence you would like...just to remember to renumber appropriately....

[CameraDefinition.XXX] //====== I added this section after the "CoPilot"
Title = "Jump Seat"
Guid = {E89D60A7-C5D1-B341-A089-9A6B10C47305} //===== from default robinson_R22
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .50
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
MomentumEffect=TRUE
InitialXyz = 0.25, -0.05, -1.25
InitialPbh = 0.0, 0.0, 360
PanAcceleratorTime=0

...this is close to what you'll get :

[CameraDefinition.XXX] //====== I added this below "EW Officer"
Title = "Gunner's Station"
Guid = {D8D67955-2E9B-4e75-9D8B-8EFFBBFAC64A} //==== from default Bell 206B
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.50
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
MomentumEffect=TRUE
InitialXyz = 0.0, 0.00, -4.50
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 170
PanAcceleratorTime=0

[CameraDefinition.XXX] //==== I added this below "Gunner's Station"
Title = "Bunk"
Guid = {E17ED5AD-6F28-7B4E-AF75-D32EFCCE0C2E} //====== from default Robinson_R22
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.50
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
MomentumEffect=TRUE
InitialXyz = 1.0, 0.0, -3.5
InitialPbh = 4, 0, 315
PanAcceleratorTime=0

Just remember to insert them where you want them ...what seems logical to you, and then renumber correctly.

Have fun with it.

krazycolin
December 14th, 2010, 16:36
we did everything except the lower bays. Oh well... it would have been a pita to do anyway but still

jp
December 14th, 2010, 16:48
PITA...( yes i got it) lol. You seem not to be that excited about this. Looks great btw.

krazycolin
December 14th, 2010, 16:59
We did a great job but get no credit in their info. Bit of a drag!

Of course, we did get paid which is a big deal for us... as we usually don't...

So.. excited.. no... happy that everyone likes it.. yes!

and this is the time that I should say the Darrell Wilson did a large chunk of the basic coding...

Thanks Darrell!

hews500d
December 14th, 2010, 18:32
We did a great job but get no credit in their info. Bit of a drag!

Of course, we did get paid which is a big deal for us... as we usually don't...

So.. excited.. no... happy that everyone likes it.. yes!

and this is the time that I should say the Darrell Wilson did a large chunk of the basic coding...

Thanks Darrell!

My pleasure Colin ! Thank YOU for putting your trust in a rather "unknown" developer and allowing me to work on it.

Going off topic for a second, that "other project" (you know the one I'm talking about) is coming along pretty good. Sadly I'm not going to be able to get it finished in time for Christmas like I had wanted but I think sometime within the first quarter of 2011 if real life doesn't keep getting in the way.

Ok, nuff said about that one :wavey: Back on topic, peoples ! :):d

Darrell

strykerpsg
December 14th, 2010, 19:38
Colin, I bought the interior this weekend and must also say thank you to you and team for putting together an excellent Cold War Warrior's heart and soul-the cockpit. It is a pity that you do not get any acknowledgement from them. I am suprised that isn't a copyright infringment on your behalf, though probably lost that when it was made profitable. Looking forward to your future releases.

Matt

Akatsuki
December 16th, 2010, 18:18
I bought the "interior" tonight. Great looking VC, Thank you Milviz for it, the BUFF deserved a good cockpit! :salute:

Right click on the image and select "view image" to view it in higher resolution.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Josquin-d/2010-12-17_3-56-48-730.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Josquin-d/2010-12-17_3-57-54-776.jpg

Sedr37
December 17th, 2010, 07:15

Me too! Sweet BUFF representation for reasonable price.
BTW great avatar, vora LOL

Scratch
December 17th, 2010, 13:10
Ditto on all the good stuff said above. Great piece of work!!:ernae:

b52bob
December 17th, 2010, 15:42
The VC combined with the exterior model is one of the best. Congrats all around to all of you that put such hard work into it.

Now.....if we had a pre-evs.........

ColoKent
December 17th, 2010, 17:35
... a pre-EVS exterior with the ability for shiny natural metal textures would be cool (I can see where reworking the cockpit would be a non-starter, though...).

But I'd be stunned if it happened-- Captain Sim builds great stuff...but listening to the market never has seemed to be a big priority (It would be nice to be wrong on this one, however!!!).

Kent

gradyhappyg
December 18th, 2010, 06:31
Having a blast globe trotting around in my new B-52.
Great plane.

Warrant
December 18th, 2010, 07:35
Very nice bomber! Got it yesterday.

Found 3 manuals, but is there anyone with a quick startup guide?

jim
December 18th, 2010, 07:40
See the thread below "pulling out my hair....................." for starting sequence.

Warrant
December 20th, 2010, 13:44
See the thread below "pulling out my hair....................." for starting sequence.

Thanks mate. Lost me some hairs there too :salute: