PDA

View Full Version : Any GMAX experts up for a CFS2 version of Milton Shupe's Tigercat

gavinc
December 9th, 2010, 02:23
Hi,
If any of you have been lurking over on the FS2004 forum you must have noticed that Milton Shupe (the master that brought us the Beech 18 and the A-26) is building a Grumman Tigercat.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=35671&page=1

He is offering the GMAX code if someone is interested in compiling an FSX native version. I wonder if someone with GMAX skills (I have tried and just don't have the skills to produce anything in a timely manner) would be interested in contacting him to see if he would allow a CFS2 native version.

To whet peoples appetite I have run his FS9 Alpha version thru MDLC. And It looks pretty spiffy I must say.

I have attached a few images to show what I mean.

Here we are on USS Boxer as we take off to intercept an unknown bogie.
Turns out to be the Armys new C-69 transport. She's a real beauty.

gavinc
December 9th, 2010, 02:25
Here are a few more shots to tease.

After doing a couple of mock attacks on the Army bird we return safely to the carrier deck.

Gavin

Shessi
December 9th, 2010, 04:14
Hi Gav,
I used Milt's tanker version and everything converted, including all the anis (with pilot moving head which always looks good IMHO!). The only minor glitch is that the rudder trim tab is offset, which can be dealt with by a small scasm tweak. 58fps on it's own and 28fps with 8 vs 8 in QC (Maybe or not the tweaks like glightstates and crash detection need to be done).

You've already done it! :applause:

It's not multi-LOD, which maybe Milton or another good with GMAX could add a couple of simple LODs, which would help.

Cheers Shessi