PDA

View Full Version : Another Lotus in F1:

Ferry_vO
December 8th, 2010, 08:52
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-group-lotus-buys-into-renault-f1-team

So next year we have Team Lotus-Renault (The team that used the name this year) and Group Lotus-Renault (The former Renault team now partially owned by the Lotus factory) ?

And both announced they'll be using the black and gold 'JPS' colours! :isadizzy:

Cazzie
December 8th, 2010, 16:28
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-group-lotus-buys-into-renault-f1-team

So next year we have Team Lotus-Renault (The team that used the name this year) and Group Lotus-Renault (The former Renault team now partially owned by the Lotus factory) ?

And both announced they'll be using the black and gold 'JPS' colours! :isadizzy:

I happen to love the Black & Gold JPS colors. Whose driving next year, I think I may have found a new team to pull for. That would be more stunning without the red. Shades of Mario in 78, I was at Canada and Watkins Glen.

Caz

wombat666
December 9th, 2010, 03:01
Five will get you ten that only one "Lotus" team will get past the FIA.
Same colours and almost the same name???
Never going to happen.
:ernae:

stiz
December 9th, 2010, 07:02
So if i'm following this right, lotus brought out rennult, and if allowed will have in affect 4 drivers driveing for lotus?? that'll cause a right cat fight in the other lower to mid pack teams. Also now they have access to the rennult team, will that mean they'll be more in the mid pack rather than right at the back of pack?? Either way, love the colours :jump: shame about the red on the sides though.

Ferry_vO
December 9th, 2010, 07:20
No there are two teams called Lotus now, both use Renault engines but have nothing to do with each other. One's this year's Team Lotus (Owned by Air Asia's Tony Fernandez who bought the name from the son of Colin Chapman) with Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen. The other team is the Lotus Group, the former Renault factory team that sold part of their shares to the Lotus factory (Owned by the Proton company who own the Lotus brand and name). They will have Robert Kubica and probably Vitaly "I'm bringing $15 million dollar" Petrov.

wombat666
December 10th, 2010, 05:03
Ferry, do you remember the uproar caused when BAR wanted to run one car in 'Lucky Strike' colours and the other in the '555' scheme????
Do we really think that there will be two teams calling themselves 'Lotus' wearing the same colours on the 2011 grid with the blessing of the FIA???
:173go1:

Ferry_vO
December 10th, 2010, 06:47
Probably not, but I just described how the current situation is. :)

The current Lotus team will probably be called 'Malaysia1' or something like that next year.