PDA

View Full Version : IRIS Five Dollar FRENZY!

Smudge
December 7th, 2010, 23:59
In the leadup to christmas, we have great pleasure in providing ALL our products at a MASSIVE 50% off their normal standard pricing!! Not only that, JUST ONE product will be chosen to be part of our daily FIVE DOLLAR FRENZY!!

Our FIVE DOLLAR FRENZY promotion will commence on 09:00 GMT on the 8th of December and last until 09:00 GMT on December 25th 2010. Every 24 hours one product will be picked at random from our product range to be priced at just FIVE DOLLARS! So be sure to grab yourselves some fantastic stocking stuffers before santa grabs them all!!!!

Todays Five Dollar Frenzy aircraft is the IRIS Pro Series F-14 Tomcat! Now available for 24 hours only for just $5! It's just been listed!

Visit our store at www.irisfss.com/storefront (http://www.irisfss.com/storefront) to take advantage of this exclusive offer.

David.

guzler
December 8th, 2010, 00:29
Just been to the website, but can't see any link to the aircraft for today. Some nice looking machines though in general, really like the twin engined P40.

Kowalski65
December 8th, 2010, 00:34
On the right is a box marked "Specials", I dont know if that will be where it is subsequently announced which plane will be available for 5 bucks, but the Tomcat is there today.

Edit-seems the contents of the box change after every page, so maybe not :(

Smudge
December 8th, 2010, 00:37
The Tomcat should be listed on the store as 5 dollars...

Kowalski65
December 8th, 2010, 00:40
I think this needs to be stickied, so someone can post each day's deal if need be...just getting the Tomcat now :)

rayhere48
December 8th, 2010, 00:41
I have put in a ticket with IRIS about a download problem. When I try to run the exe file it says I need to get a different bit install program 32 or 64 bit. I just wondered if any one has gotten the type of error. I have tried to run the file as admin with not luck.

Smudge
December 8th, 2010, 01:26
Ray, what's the download size, you should be getting about 221mb

XYZ-man2
December 8th, 2010, 02:03
I have the same problem as Ray, and the downloaded file is only 215 bytes. I tried both with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Vincent

kilo delta
December 8th, 2010, 02:30
Wow! Some excellent deals here.. http://www.irisfss.com/storefront/index.php?manufacturers_id=10

:ernae:

Smudge
December 8th, 2010, 03:12
Guys, if you cannot download after a few tries, drop me a PM here or via the support ticket function and I'll provide alternate download details for you... just be sure to provide your order number.. ;)

wiltzei
December 8th, 2010, 03:44
No PayPal option in payment, such a shame.

peter12213
December 8th, 2010, 03:47
Wow, I love a bargain roll on the BD5!

guzler
December 8th, 2010, 03:55
Just tried to download the Tomcat and the downloader comes up with a message that it's not compatible with my 64bit system. Bummer !

Smudge
December 8th, 2010, 04:12
Guzler,

It's likely a corrupt download.. The file is fine on the system and I've just downloaded and checked it on my 64 bit win7 installation.

Drop me a PM with the order number on and I'll provide alternate links for you.

Regards

DB.

Wilztei,

Place an order on the store as normal, however when the paymate window opens for your credit card details, close the browser window and open up a new one for paypal. Make a paypal payment to accounts@irissimulations.com and be sure to mention the product you're after and your store details (name and date of birth) so that we can match your paypal order with your store order.

Once that's done and payment has cleared, I'll authorise your store order for you and notify you by e-mail of your download.

It IS a manual process not automated, so if I'm in bed asleep or away from the desk, you'll have to wait until I'm back before I can authorise the download.

Hope that helps..

David.

heywooood
December 8th, 2010, 05:33
I bought the F-14 and I thank you for the great discount

But - I cant seem to get the jet engines started - even with ctrl-E

engine one begins to spool - the MFD's show one second of life...and then its like the power is cut off completely...

cant start the ol' bird to save my life - what is the cure?

Bone
December 8th, 2010, 05:51
I have a question about the Audioworks F-16 sound pack. Is that an upgrade to the sound pack that already comes with the F-16D, or the same thing?

2Low
December 8th, 2010, 06:26
Just wanted to thank David for the sale, Thanks David!

I picked up the F14 and A10. Both downloaded and installed fine on my Win7 64bit.

Now let's see how my credit card is at resisting further this month! (resistance is futile).

Ferry_vO
December 8th, 2010, 07:08
Thanks for the sale and the Paypal option David! :applause:

navy81
December 8th, 2010, 07:24
Heywood,
Open the pdf manual in the folder called IRIS Pro Series>F14 Tomcat>Manuals & References. go to page 34, 35. It has the pre-start and start checklist there. You will have to manually turn on the L and R gen switches, the lights and the HSI and HUD. Be sure to turn on the ECS (envrionmental control system) as well. Works 4.0.

Good luck. This is a great aircraft.

Cheers.
Deke
Navy81

navy81
December 8th, 2010, 07:26
By the way, The IRIS Pro Series folder is in your program files (x86 if you have vista or Win7) Microsoft Games>Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder.
Deke

navy81
December 8th, 2010, 07:29
David,
let me add my thanks for your great products as well!
The Tomcat is fantastic, and the Viper is absoutely outstanding.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Deke

XYZ-man2
December 8th, 2010, 07:43
It's downloading now, it says it's a download of 222 MB so fingers crossed that it will work.

fallenphoenix1986
December 8th, 2010, 08:07
Downloading now, Ģ3.50, absolutely outstanding :ernae:

Craig

Montie
December 8th, 2010, 08:49
Bought the F-14 and the new BD-5! Christmas came early this year, thank you :salute:

AndyE1976
December 8th, 2010, 09:44
I was going to get the updated F14 (and still might), but for $5 I couldn't resist. Will be checking back daily to see what other great craft are on special.

XLR8
December 8th, 2010, 10:03
Downloading F-14 now and the F16 sounds. Thanks. Anyone have the tigershark or vulcan ?

Mr.Mugel
December 8th, 2010, 10:10
Not usually active on the payware front, but this sounds like some good deals coming up. Will sure watch it, and eventually get the one or other item of your collection! Lack of credit card would mean Iīd do it the paypal way to, if that is ok...

peter12213
December 8th, 2010, 10:12
Yeah I do, I have all iris' releases bar the BD5 which I'm waiting to see if it drops to $5 but the Vulcan is immencely good as is the F20 the Vulcan you need to start up manually where as the F20 is a ready to fly model, both come highly reccomended especially the Vulcan by me!

rayhere48
December 8th, 2010, 10:57
With me it must be the download size. I hope Iris can help.

Dexdoggy
December 8th, 2010, 12:37
... a link? Please pleas please! :wavey:

imn2sims
December 8th, 2010, 12:44
WOOHOO......Thanks Iris, just snapped up the Tomcat and I'll be checking every day:jump:. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Steve

Paul K
December 8th, 2010, 13:17
I'd quite like to have the F-14 while its $5 but, almost inevitably, the email address and password I used for purchasing the Iris Vulcan are no longer recognized, so I cant log into the Iris store. And I'm not creating another account at this time of night. Ah well....

djscoo
December 8th, 2010, 13:23
The sale is 18 days long, and there are 18 products in the store, will there be a different product on sale for $5 each day?

Smudge
December 8th, 2010, 13:35
Yes, as indicated on the front page of the store and my initial post here, there's a new product every 24 hours at 5 dollars.. :)

That being said, the 50% off all products applies across the entire range until Jan 1st 2011.. (excluding our christmas release (if I can finish it in time)).

doublecool
December 8th, 2010, 13:39
After all the products I have purchased from Iris on logging in
My email address is not registered :salute:
Lovely

Smudge
December 8th, 2010, 13:58
Just to make it clear (and I'll be putting an post on the front page of the store to reflect this)

Back earlier in the year we got hit by a massive phishing attack and our servers in the states were instructed to take the IRIS site offline. Many of you would remember the complete redesign, the lack of our own online store for many months until now.. :)

We were instructed by the server admins not to use any of the old data hosted on the server with the new rebuild, so as such, ALL old store data was archived in hard copy here with me.

The bottom line is that everyone will need to re-register, be them new customers or old. If anyone needs a re-download of an old product purchased on the IRIS store, we can accomodate you.. It just means I verify your purchase here before providing download links.

Make sense? :)

ryanbatc
December 8th, 2010, 13:59
Wow... not a bad deal...

doublecool
December 8th, 2010, 14:04
Thank you very much for your prompt reply

I tried to contact IRIS via original email (confirmation of purchases) support but that did not work either

:wavey:

Smudge
December 8th, 2010, 14:07
Best way to get hold of me is www.irisfss.com/supportticket/ (http://www.irisfss.com/supportticket/) :)

In some cases, I'll check here (SOH is my second home!) but I don't check my PM's here as often as I check the support box.. :)

David.

slackerbg
December 8th, 2010, 14:10
Great product, deal and service. Thank you Iris. Looking forward to the coming days.

Good luck and success with future developments.

Love the Tomcat!

Regards and happy holidays to all.

Smudge
December 8th, 2010, 14:13
I have a question about the Audioworks F-16 sound pack. Is that an upgrade to the sound pack that already comes with the F-16D, or the same thing?

Bone, it's exactly the same thing... It's mainly designed for those wanting to add some military sounds to other fast jets... doesn't HAVE to be an F-16.. :)

XLR8
December 8th, 2010, 15:10
Just to make it clear (and I'll be putting an post on the front page of the store to reflect this)

Back earlier in the year we got hit by a massive phishing attack and our servers in the states were instructed to take the IRIS site offline. Many of you would remember the complete redesign, the lack of our own online store for many months until now.. :)

We were instructed by the server admins not to use any of the old data hosted on the server with the new rebuild, so as such, ALL old store data was archived in hard copy here with me.

The bottom line is that everyone will need to re-register, be them new customers or old. If anyone needs a re-download of an old product purchased on the IRIS store, we can accomodate you.. It just means I verify your purchase here before providing download links.

Make sense? :) That explains why I had to re register.

Bone, it's exactly the same thing... It's mainly designed for those wanting to add some military sounds to other fast jets... doesn't HAVE to be an F-16.. :) YEAH I thought I might have made a booboo buying it,but after wards its pretty cool.

heywooood
December 8th, 2010, 15:13
Heywood,
Open the pdf manual in the folder called IRIS Pro Series>F14 Tomcat>Manuals & References. go to page 34, 35. It has the pre-start and start checklist there. You will have to manually turn on the L and R gen switches, the lights and the HSI and HUD. Be sure to turn on the ECS (envrionmental control system) as well. Works 4.0.

Good luck. This is a great aircraft.

Cheers.
Deke
Navy81

Thank you, Navy81 - I shoulda read the flippin manual

XLR8
December 8th, 2010, 15:19
So I got the Tomcat fired up (1 button didn't work). Now is there a way to do 1 of 2 things. 1 turn on auto wing sweep or 2 map it to a joy stick (key)

strykerpsg
December 8th, 2010, 16:54
Sorry Dave, didn't read the entire thread all the way through. I also sent you an email requesting my old account before reading all of this. So, to be clear, my account will no longer reflect all of my purchases? I do have them downloaded, but back ups are always a good thing. Off to re-register then.

Matt

Killbilly
December 8th, 2010, 18:27
This is very generous! I'll be watching for any of the civvie models. I may just snatch a couple. Thanks!

Smudge
December 8th, 2010, 23:44
Don't need to wait for long Killbilly! Our Five Dollar Frenzy for the 9th December 2010 has just been listed, a little earlier than expected too!!! For 24 hours only the IRIS Pro Series Christen Eagle is just $5.00!!! Go nuts!

As i've got to get dinner (it's 7.45pm here) The F-14 will remain on special until I get back, so grab it before it goes back to its usual price!

http://www.irisfss.com/storefront/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=30 - IRIS Pro Series Christen Eagle

:)

SADT
December 8th, 2010, 23:58
Thanks David, :)

Just saw that on Facebook. Might wait for the A-10 though ;)

Smudge
December 9th, 2010, 00:19
Big Ticket items are being saved for Chrissy week.. ;) Just so you're not checking every 5 mins..lol :salute:

Paul K
December 9th, 2010, 00:29
Just to make it clear...

The bottom line is that everyone will need to re-register, be them new customers or old...

Make sense? :)

Makes sense. I just re-entered all my old details and I'm in there.

What does NOT make sense is I am now looking at the Iris F-14 in all its glory, with its multitude of squadron repaints and weapons configurations...and I only paid $5 for it.

I'm not a fan of fast military jets in FSX by any means ( the Vulcan notwithstanding..its bigger and more cumbersome, which suits my flying skills ) and would never have bought this had it not been for the price. When something this good is on offer at that price, I don't care how fast and pointy it is.

The Iris FSX F-14..a thing of beauty, and for $5. Bloody nora ! Merry Christmas, Smudge.

SirBenn21
December 9th, 2010, 00:51
Don't need to wait for long Killbilly! Our Five Dollar Frenzy for the 9th December 2010 has just been listed, a little earlier than expected too!!! For 24 hours only the IRIS Pro Series Christen Eagle is just $5.00!!! Go nuts!

As i've got to get dinner (it's 7.45pm here) The F-14 will remain on special until I get back, so grab it before it goes back to its usual price!

http://www.irisfss.com/storefront/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=30 - IRIS Pro Series Christen Eagle

AAhhhggg............... I missed it! :crybaby:

Oh well Sh*t happens. Maybe I'll get the F-20

Ben

Paul K
December 9th, 2010, 01:10
This lovely creature cost me five dollars.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/Geomitrak/DuxCat01.jpg

Smudge, please consider making it the $5 special once again before Christmas. The F-14 is one of the most beautiful aircraft ever designed, and even to a civilian propeller-head like me, utterly irresistible.

Many people will have missed the opportunity to acquire her, and I'm sure they would appreciate a second chance.

expat
December 9th, 2010, 01:34
Yes, I would indeed like a second chance on that one - I must have yesterday misread the website and thought it would be $5 until Christmas . .

Smudge
December 9th, 2010, 01:52
Given the demand we've had, we'll repeat a few of the good sellers.. be sure to check the IRIS storefront (www.irisfss.com/storefront (http://www.irisfss.com/storefront)) every day after 9am GMT to see what's currently on offer.. :)

alehead
December 9th, 2010, 02:02
Thanks for this everyone!

I just picked up the Eagle now... for $5 AUS an absolute bargain!

I'll be looking back daily for the Vulcan and the A10 :)

Great idea, and generates sales to people who may well never have bought...

Andrew

Smudge
December 9th, 2010, 02:27
And of course, helps me add a few extra gifts under under the Christmas tree this year.. :) A win win situation I think.. ;)

It's you guys I should thank for purchasing the planes.. :)

Paul K
December 9th, 2010, 03:12
I'll be looking back daily for the Vulcan..

You won't be sorry. I got the Vulcan the day it was released, and its wonderful. :)

OleBoy
December 9th, 2010, 04:28
Being in the situation I'm in makes it hard for me to justify spending anything regardless of cost. For $5.00 and, the fact I've wanted the Christian Eagle for a long time, I thank you for this opportunity to finally get it at a fantastic price. I'll be flying (and painting) this one for a long time.

Thank You David

Purchase and download were problem free :medals:

Even though I don't like jets, I would like to have your A-10. I'm not into intense systems and procedures but, I'm sure I can manage to give Bitching Betty lots to complain about

Aviator32
December 9th, 2010, 09:20
Waiting for the A10 only :bump:

XLR8
December 9th, 2010, 10:02
Can anyone tell me if the christen eagle in manual start or auto.

peter12213
December 9th, 2010, 12:21
Its already running!

Dougie
December 9th, 2010, 12:27
I think I'll splash out on the A-10 and the Twin Star whenever they get to the special price :)

Hope you Karen and James have a nice christmas David.

ryanbatc
December 9th, 2010, 12:57
I guess what I was waiting for is the DA42 Twinstar. Does anyone know how FPS friendly it is cmopared to default cessna vc? I realize with the glass and all it might be bad but for $5 you can't go wrong.

Smudge
December 9th, 2010, 13:42
I can give you an advanced notice that the A-10 and DA-42 are soon...very soon.. :)

The A-10 will have two or maybe three runs depending on how successful it is...

CP1207
December 9th, 2010, 14:50
Well, what a marvelous Xmas present(s) from Iris!

Two bought, several to go.
The F-14 is going to push me into a long overdue RAM and CPU upgrade, knocks me down a few FPS over Friday Harbor w/Orbx scenery and sliders further to the right than they should be. Usually getting 15-20 FPS with simpler A/C on my system for reference.

The Eagle is the first aircraft I have ever flown except by accident from the tower view. Smoke on, throttle up, and Wow! I get to witness my own airshow:jump: ... and remember why I quit flying radio control models...
Just great fun to throw through the virtual sky from inside, outside, or on the ground.

Edit- just saw the post above, paid full ticket for the A-10 last month and have no regrets. Great model. Huge fun to fly through the mountain valleys in PNW!!!

ryanbatc
December 9th, 2010, 15:11
I can give you an advanced notice that the A-10 and DA-42 are soon...very soon.. :)

Superduper! Hopefully this sale helps you guys out!

Killbilly
December 9th, 2010, 15:25
I got my Eagle, and I love it. It looks and flies great! This is my first Iris purchase, but I'm sold on the quality now. Thanks again for the great offer! I'll be picking up more.:jump:

modelr
December 9th, 2010, 15:54
Wow, gonna be watching these.

Thanks, David. I have about 80% of your models, even from way back. Never been dissatisfied. Will be picking up a few more.

Merry Christmas to you, Karen and James.

heywooood
December 9th, 2010, 16:01
these are my first Iris purchases too...Tomcat and Eagle bipe - very nice models and the sound files are great too

I will definitely keep an eye on this sale and Iris future releases from now on.

OleBoy
December 9th, 2010, 16:13

I was talking to Pam last night about getting the Christian Eagle and the A-10, and how I would like to have them. I get up this morning and login here, and low and behold, the Christian Eagle is on sale. Coincidence?..lol

Thank You David :ernae:

imn2sims
December 9th, 2010, 17:11
I was talking to Pam last night about getting the Christian Eagle and the A-10, and how I would like to have them. I get up this morning and login here, and low and behold, the Christian Eagle is on sale. Coincidence?..lol

Thank You David :ernae:
So I guess Jewish people won't be buying this one:engel016:. They''ll just have to settle for a Christen Eagle. BTW, MERRY CHRISTMAS. :santahat:

Steve

peter12213
December 9th, 2010, 17:18
Certainly rules the Taliban, out thats for sure Steve lol!

OleBoy
December 9th, 2010, 17:19

Kiwikat
December 9th, 2010, 19:47
Whoever hasn't yet got the A-10 and doesn't buy it while it is on sale is legally insane.

I got my shiny new Christen Eagle for less than it cost me for dinner this evening. :wiggle:

OleBoy
December 9th, 2010, 19:53
Five bucks is $5....that's what I'm talking about!

Smudge
December 9th, 2010, 22:28
Gotta love Parity... :)

Smudge
December 10th, 2010, 00:52
Today's special offer??!?

The IRIS Premium Series F-20 Tigershark!!

http://www.irisfss.com/storefront/

;)

SirBenn21
December 10th, 2010, 01:33
Today's special offer??!?

The IRIS Premium Series F-20 Tigershark!!

http://www.irisfss.com/storefront/

;)

Downloading............... :jump: :mixedsmi: :jump:

Thanks mate

Ben

Aviator32
December 10th, 2010, 05:06
I'm hoping for a Hog weekend!

Mr.Mugel
December 10th, 2010, 06:22
That Christen Eagle is really amazing me! Just the sound from tower view, the biting of the prop, didnīt see that one in FS before, and havenīt thought I would. And the sheer power and manouverability. Just insane!

Great that the paypal way worked out well, too!

Thank you and have nice holidays!

trisager
December 10th, 2010, 06:57
That Christen Eagle is really amazing me! Just the sound from tower view, the biting of the prop, didnīt see that one in FS before, and havenīt thought I would. And the sheer power and manouverability. Just insane!

+1

For some reason I've never bought any of Iris' stuff before, but the Christen Eagle is heaps of fun.

XLR8
December 10th, 2010, 07:18
Downloaded the tigershark. When I install it it says no disk in drive. Any help would be great.

I redownloaded the file and still have the same problem.

Lateral-G
December 10th, 2010, 08:51
Can we buy now and download later?

(I'm at work and won't be able to d/l until tomorrow)

-G-

skyhawka4m
December 10th, 2010, 08:51
Ok....I've paid for the tigershark and received no download link. I tried emailing the support but got a returned mail.

The status of my Tigershark says "prepayment"

John

MHAircraft
December 10th, 2010, 10:49
I did not receive any email from Iris when I registered an account and purchased the Tigershark either. After going through credit card payment, I did get into a screen containing the download link.

Could it be that the email server is kaput?

Paul K
December 10th, 2010, 11:28

Click on 'My Account' in the red bar , upper right, between 'Log Off' and 'Cart Contents'

In the top Previous Orders pane, click on the order you made...it has the order number, the date, your name, country etc.

You will now be looking at the Order Information page. Down at the bottom, just above the Back button, should be the Download Links pane, with the actual link in red. Click on that, and the download prompt should appear.

Cirrus N210MS
December 10th, 2010, 15:00
MY NEW A-10 Video!

624ZvpsrX1s

skyhawka4m
December 10th, 2010, 20:52
20 hours and no download link...........help!!!!

trisager
December 10th, 2010, 22:21
Submit a support ticket here: http://www.irisfss.com/faq.php

I got very quick response on a payment issue (allowing for difference in time zones)

SADT
December 10th, 2010, 22:28
It should be about 6pm in aussie right now.....

skyhawka4m
December 11th, 2010, 02:47
I tried to submit and got a returned email......its ok....I got ahold of David Brice and he hooked me up...all is good.

Kowalski65
December 11th, 2010, 03:42
I couldnt get the F14 originally via Paymate as they only accept Credit Cards, not Debit ones, I e mailed David & he got back to me to say that even though I was too late at that time to pay that day via Paypal,I could still get it.

Just wanted to therefore say that this is great customer service; as well as getting a great plane for what is really pocket change! I cant wait for the others!!!

modelr
December 11th, 2010, 06:34
I couldnt get the F14 originally via Paymate as they only accept Credit Cards, not Debit ones, I e mailed David & he got back to me to say that even though I was too late at that time to pay that day via Paypal,I could still get it.

Just wanted to therefore say that this is great customer service; as well as getting a great plane for what is really pocket change! I cant wait for the others!!!

Your debit card must not be one of the major ones, Mastercard or VISA. They took my MC debit card. (The major ones can be used as a credit card also.)

Picked up the F-20 last night. I've had the FS9 version since it originally came out, and have always enjoyed it.
Also picked up the new BD-5 set at half price. Thanks David. Be looking for a few more soon.

Smudge
December 11th, 2010, 07:02
Paymate AFAIK take Visa and Mastercard, both Debit and Credit cards.. (I use my Visa Debit with no issue!) They don't take AMEX though.. suprisingly quite a few places don't these days.

However, we DO take paypal as an option.. there are instructions near the beginning of this thread on how to purchase using paypal.. ;)

Desert Rat
December 11th, 2010, 10:35
thanks Dave,

got the Eagle and Tigershark downloading now and the Diamond Star in my basket. I used to have all your FS9 planes (IRIS) when they were payware and still use them. I'mnot really heavily into X yet, use it to relax and fly without the pressures of tweaking, etc creeping into the back of my mind, so I am quite picky about what goes in X. As an returning customer, I'm sure they will be great.

Jamie

RobH
December 11th, 2010, 18:02
Merry Christmas and thank you very much David!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/RobH1108/FSX%20F-14/grab_040.jpg

Cag40Navy
December 11th, 2010, 18:21
Where can i get that paint Rob?

Naki
December 11th, 2010, 20:00
Picked up the Christen Eagle...a lot of fun (and best bargain Ive picked up since the Cap Sim C-130 for FS9 for $10)!..is there anyway you can disable the front seat passaneger in the two seat variant?..cant see it anywhere in the manual?

glennc
December 11th, 2010, 21:47
Naki, Go into the FSX load manager. Reduce the front seat weight to zero.

Glenn

Naki
December 11th, 2010, 22:59
aha of course...thanks a lot Glenn :salute:

Smudge
December 12th, 2010, 01:53
(Bit late today.. ;) It IS a sunday!)

CURRENT FIVE DOLLAR FRENZY: GO NAVY! Grab the Pro Series T-6/A Texan II and F-14 Tomcat today, each for just $5!

http://www.irisfss.com/storefront/ (http://www.irisfss.com/storefront/)

2Low
December 12th, 2010, 02:14
(Bit late today.. ;) It IS a sunday!)

/ (http://www.irisfss.com/storefront/)
If I wasn't getting such a deal I'd say you owed me a new F5 key!:icon_lol:

Thanks for inclusion of the Canadian:salute: paint, off to buzz the CN Tower!

SirBenn21
December 12th, 2010, 02:28
Cudo's

F14 been downloaded as I type!

:salute:

Thanks Mate

Ben

lucas81
December 12th, 2010, 03:01
Just got your Texan! Can't wait to test her! Thank you very much for such a generous offer!

Lucas

Kowalski65
December 12th, 2010, 05:51
off to get the Texan!
Is there much difference to the PC-9?(But I'll probably get both!)

Andy

Desert Rat
December 12th, 2010, 06:05
David,

is the Texan still FS9 also? If so I'll point it out over in the other forum.

Already got the original Texan and Pilatus, with the free upgrade. Is this one the updated version that was a pay upgrade? Guess I'll figure it out myself, it's already in my basket :d

many thanks,
Jamie

ryanbatc
December 12th, 2010, 07:22
I saw the Diamond Star, but still awaiting the Twinstar

fsafranek
December 12th, 2010, 09:39
Saw this asked earlier but didn't spot a reply.

Is the AudioworX F-16 sound-pack the same as the sound pack that comes with the Pro Series F-16D Viper or is it an upgrade of some sort? I'm interested in both but would rather not pay twice (even at these rediculously generous prices :applause:).

skyhawka4m
December 12th, 2010, 10:13
Yes I believe it is the same sound pack.

Thoe6969
December 12th, 2010, 12:18
Just got your Texan! Can't wait to test her! Thank you very much for such a generous offer!

Lucas I just got the TexanII also ,I had my eye on it every since it came out,and five dollars could not be passed up.You won,t be disappointed it looks and flies great.

NWarty
December 12th, 2010, 13:55
Just picked up the Texan II

Thanks David and great promotion! :jump:

clmooring
December 12th, 2010, 14:02
I just bought the Texan II.... did I miss the diamond star? is it too late to get it as part of the $5 special?

Desert Rat
December 12th, 2010, 14:13
The Diamond star was Saturday, I bought it, so far I have the F20, F14, Diamond star, Eagle & Texan II. I think I missed the A10 and the initial run of the F14,I could be wrong about those, but if the F14 showed up twice, others may to.

Jamie

SADT
December 12th, 2010, 14:17
The A-10 hasn't been run yet :salute:

Ferry_vO
December 12th, 2010, 14:25
The A-10 hasn't been run yet :salute:

Basically everything I'm waiting for (A-10, Vulcan, PC-9 and maybe the F-16D) hasn't been run yet.. Oh well, still two weeks to go until Christmas! :wiggle:

Desert Rat
December 12th, 2010, 14:29
I've had the F20 since release, but didn't try to install it for months, didn't have FSX you see. I got it as part of an old IRIS package, David is good to us, isn't he. When I went to finally install it, found the download corrupt, and was WAY past the limit to download again. Tried contacting David, but was smack bang in the middle of the hack/rebuild, so never got sorted. Soon forgot about it due to my own PC woes.

Now I have her, took her up for a test (RAF naturally) and have to say I like it very much. Just off to test the Eagle now.

Jamie

Desert Rat
December 12th, 2010, 14:59
A10, roger that, somebody mentioned it earlier, they must've bought it regardless. Again, I could be wrong.

Just been up in the Eagle, wowza, she's a hottie indeed, in every respect. She is going to be highly addictive I predict.

Jamie

skyhawka4m
December 12th, 2010, 15:17
Can someone tell me how to get the weapons to show on both the T-6 and the F-20? I'm sure I saw shots of the T-6 with bombs and the underfuselage FLIR.......right?

Ferry_vO
December 12th, 2010, 15:23
On the F-20, press Shift+1 to bring up the ordonance panel, add pylons first then add weapons or tanks.

Gdavis101
December 13th, 2010, 00:53
Iris is selling everything for 5, only for 12 hours though.. So, get them while they are hot!!! Thank you! :salute:

NWarty
December 13th, 2010, 02:33
OMG!!!

I haven't had this much fun in FS in a long time. Texan II from KOLM to KORS with the shark mouth paint scheme!!!

What an ADORABLE little airplane. Well done IRIS!!! :jump:

Guys (and gals), if you haven't picked up the Texan II, you're sorely missing out.

EDIT: Just picked up the DA-42 too!

AndyE1976
December 13th, 2010, 04:46
seems the demand is so high it's crashed the store - fortunately got my order in just in time.

Thanks IRIS - looking forward to trying the new A10, PC9, Texan2 and DA42 later this week :)

Smudge
December 13th, 2010, 04:52
Store seems fine to me??

2Low
December 13th, 2010, 05:27
David thanks for the promotion! Christmas came early this year.

For about the usual cost of one add on I have in 5 days aquired 6 sweet new rides!

A-10
BD-5
Christen Eagle
DA-40
F-14
F-16

I still feel like I'm getting away with something:cool:

For any new owners of the Christen Eagle pay close attention to the effect light has on the exterior of paints such as G-HOST, VH-KAZ, VH-DRB and maybe others haven't flown them all yet. The paint's are worth $5 alone and you get a whole plane with them.

Thanks again,
Rob

AndyE1976
December 13th, 2010, 05:30
Store seems fine to me??

Yep, it's back up for me as well - minor hitch.

Smudge
December 13th, 2010, 06:21
Okay all, I'm heading to bed... it's 2.20am and I've just finished reconciling the store orders...

Spread the word, there's about 6 hours left to take advantage of the sale.. maybe a bit longer depending on how long it takes me to get home from the school run in the morning.. ;)

mal998
December 13th, 2010, 06:49
What happens after payment is made? I was not returned to the download page and when I log in there are no links. Payment is listed as Prepayment.

dharris
December 13th, 2010, 06:55
What a deal, seven downloads, I know it must be hard for them, but it is sure nice for the rest of us. Great idea for a promotion, I haven't had this much fun in a download store in years. Thanks for a great deal.

strykerpsg
December 13th, 2010, 07:42
Dave,

Thanks for such a great deal! Even though I am always riding you about future releases, the ones you have now are fantastic, especially at $5.00 AUD. Now, finish up your Typhoon! Rest comes when you're dead. :salute:

Matt

DennyA
December 13th, 2010, 07:42
Wow, Smudge! Thanks for the awesome deal! Bought the T-6 yesterday, picked up four more planes today. I've now bought more Iris planes in the past day than I've bought others all this year. :)

Hope this brings in a lot of cash for you guys! I know it must be hard to sell something for 10% of its value, but if word on this got around far enough, hopefully it made up for it in quantity of sales.

(If it makes you feel any better, I bought the Vulcan for full price at release. :)

ryanbatc
December 13th, 2010, 07:51
Iris is selling everything for 5, only for 12 hours though.. So, get them while they are hot!!! Thank you! :salute:

lol wow! Getting the Twinstar now! Maybe I'll get something else teehee!

edit: Oh what the heck, got the Christian Eagle as well WEEEEEE!

Thanks again for the sale!

edit again lol: Ooooh the Eagle is really smooth, what a great plane! I haven't read any documents yet, but is there a way to delete the pax from the cockpit?

Anyone have trouble with the rudder on the Twinstar being very squirrelly? On takeoff it's a fight to go straight and in the air it's tough to be in coordinated flight...

Aviator32
December 13th, 2010, 09:15
Man, you're going to make a fortune! All the forums are buzzing about this today.

Many thanks for my A10 :salute:

spotlope
December 13th, 2010, 09:52
Man, you're going to make a fortune! All the forums are buzzing about this today.

Many thanks for my A10 :salute:

Oops. I just tried to log on and pick up the BD-5, which I'd forgotten to get earlier, only to be told by the payment processor that the store was over their quota of transactions. Sure hope he gets that sorted out, or it'll put a premature end to the festivities.

Shane Strong CYHZ
December 13th, 2010, 10:14
I just got this when trying to pay
We cannot process this payment as it exceeds the monthly level set by your seller. Please contact the seller

spatialpro
December 13th, 2010, 10:19
Yes, I got the exact same message.

I went and submitted a support ticket here (http://www.irisfss.com/supportticket/open.php) and sure hope the deal will be honored, or extended to take account (excuse the pun!) of the issue...

Andy

Shane Strong CYHZ
December 13th, 2010, 10:25
yes i was trying to buy the twin star and the f-16, a-10 hope it gets fixed :)

Crusader
December 13th, 2010, 10:36
I just got this when trying to pay
We cannot process this payment as it exceeds the monthly level set by your seller. Please contact the seller

I purchased two this morning then tried to pick up a couple more this afternoon and got the same message you did . I'm sure they will get the problem straightened out as it seems that a lot of us are getting this error now .

Rich

Aviator32
December 13th, 2010, 10:43
Looks like I got in under the wire!

Shall we throw some pebbles at his window or let him sleep? :sleep:

Okay all, I'm heading to bed... it's 2.20am and I've just finished reconciling the store orders...