PDA

View Full Version : What's stopping me from buying today...

Roger
November 26th, 2008, 14:28
It would seem that the "dreadful" recession besetting the western world is causing the sim market to dry up, judging by the number of "sales" appearing in my e.mail box and on the web. If you've lost your job or are in face of incredibly high inflation or if your country's currency has dropped off the horizon, then I can understand why your credit card may be firmly stowed. Otherwise what's the problem? My monthly purchases of FsX products rarely represent more than one week's food shopping so for a hobby that's not excessive in my book. However the major reason for limited purchases this month is the lack of products to buy.
I want to buy Aerosoft's Catalina (held up while the team was diverted to finish a jet???). I want to buy an FsX Lancaster and an FsX P51 (any or all versions). I'd buy an FsX Tiger or Gipsy Moth. I'd buy an FsX P38 (any or all versions). I'd buy all of Bill Lyons type aircraft as FsX native. I'd buy the FsX native Dc2 or any or all of the Maam aircraft.
My credit card waits (unless I fall foul of this recession) to purchase products at a reasonable price and I'd bet that there's a lot of folk out there who feel the same?

gajit
November 26th, 2008, 15:10
I completely agree.:applause:

harleyman
November 26th, 2008, 15:15
Well...I got money,but no rig to play with..So I purchase nothing ATM...

Well I did just buy SubHunter 4 and it arrived today.....:wavey:

Panther_99FS
November 26th, 2008, 15:25
I have to disagree here...

$$ is holding me back....:d ($700/month in day care :isadizzy:) :kilroy:

Cactuskid
November 26th, 2008, 15:28
I know what you mean. If my business was any slower, the clock would stop! I want to buy the complete Orbx Australia package before the price goes up on the 1st, but common sense tells me that I can't afford it. Aw nuts, who said we simmers had any sense anyway. I'm placing my order tonight! :costumes:

Roger
November 26th, 2008, 15:41
I know what you mean. If my business was any slower, the clock would stop! I want to buy the complete Orbx Australia package before the price goes up on the 1st, but common sense tells me that I can't afford it. Aw nuts, who said we simmers had any sense anyway. I'm placing my order tonight! :costumes:
Go for it. Or if it means that someone reliant on you will go without food, warmth and shelter then don't

Henry
November 26th, 2008, 15:48
Ah Rog ill make you a deal my friend :costumes:
i got all kinds of fsx ready planes
just give me your card number
i gots what you need:censored:
and the price is right
i gots a tyger moth a gypsy moth and a p51 g
im still working on a Lankaster
but it will work in dx11 i promise :kilroy:
no sheet!:bs:
I Know
all comes to he that waits
i bet soonish
H

Roger
November 26th, 2008, 15:49
I have to disagree here...

$$ is holding me back....:d ($700/month in day care :isadizzy:) :kilroy:
When my kid was young it was cheaper to keep my wife at home looking after him...but that was in the mid-eighties.

Gregory Paul
November 27th, 2008, 09:03
Wow Panther I bet that's for only 1 kid! I have 4 kids!! Just how much do you think I spend?

Panther_99FS
November 27th, 2008, 09:23
Wow Panther I bet that's for only 1 kid! I have 4 kids!! Just how much do you think I spend?

Oh I know how much you spend....:isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

stiz
November 27th, 2008, 09:25
.. Aerosoft's Catalina (held up while the team was diverted to finish a jet???).

from what i can gather, the cat was being done by a different team, who then fell out in some shape or form with aerosoft and took their stuff with them, then aerosoft directed the people on the 16 onto the cat.

I want to buy an FsX Lancaster and an FsX P51 (any or all versions). I'd buy an FsX Tiger or Gipsy Moth. I'd buy an FsX P38 (any or all versions).

I can garuntee you that 2 of those are close ;)

Roger
November 27th, 2008, 10:28
Hi Stiz,
I read in their forum that the new Catalina team were taken off the Cat to help finish the F16 which I believe doesn't have a prop??? What will they think of next???:d

jimjones
November 27th, 2008, 10:55
Sorry to hear of the Cat delay. I was also hoping for the Constellation. Any news of it?

JT8D-9A
November 27th, 2008, 10:57
Roger, please buy REX and tell us how it is :d

Roger
November 27th, 2008, 11:36
Roger, please buy REX and tell us how it is :d

I've already got FEX so I don't want to replicate.

gera
November 27th, 2008, 12:19
Most people do not realize that this is about the cheapest hobby around....obviously not counting the PC and original sim program.....we get 100% free supplies with the latest technology....including tools to develop it more!!!!!!.......the only one similiar is "scratchbuilt models"....This hobby
proves how much good people sorround it................Happy Thanksgiving to all...........

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/TUPELOV/finito-1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/RO1/Ro1_8avioncito.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/SM-85/REGIA-1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/PIPISTRELLO%20SM%2081/finito2.jpg.......

Lionheart
November 27th, 2008, 12:30
Man Roger,

If I could crank out planes faster, I would.. I have a long list of birds and I wish they were all done.

Finding out how to do all these cool little things like shading, high detail mesh parts, engines, pilots, panels, gauges, tricks in graphics, etc, ends up making the projects take longer to make. Even though my speed is far far more then it was years ago, there is 10 times more to do, lol...

Bill

Roger
November 27th, 2008, 12:48
Man Roger,

If I could crank out planes faster, I would.. I have a long list of birds and I wish they were all done.

Finding out how to do all these cool little things like shading, high detail mesh parts, engines, pilots, panels, gauges, tricks in graphics, etc, ends up making the projects take longer to make. Even though my speed is far far more then it was years ago, there is 10 times more to do, lol...

Bill

For a largely one-man operation you do superbly well:applause:. My post was really aimed at the fact that recession causes caution in the general public when buying any luxury items but in effect to continue the buying trend is what's needed to banish recession.
From my own point of view aircraft that I would willingly buy today have been pushed to the back to accomodate what some larger scale developers consider to be more important.

MCDesigns
November 27th, 2008, 12:56
Roger I am PMing you my list of FS addons in case you really feel the need to purchase something, LOL

Unfortunately I have to cut back on my hobby spending as well, problem is, some of my hobbies are also part time jobs, LOL :isadizzy:

While I am not feeling the recession in my line of work or my life yet, I have 3 friends with higher degrees/more experience than myself all unemployed, kinda keeps things in perspective for me a bit. :banghead:

gera
November 27th, 2008, 13:01
Man Roger,

Bill

I understand your chores Bill, making a 3D model is really hard work even with all the experience you have. Just making my little scenes and Flights takes many hours, I can see you working for months to make one of your magnificent models.....I wish I could make 3D planes too but I make my own out of Mahogany, sweat, love and a lot of patience.......:icon_lol: been making them for over 50 years....you will too.:)

Roger
November 27th, 2008, 13:10
Recession is a man-made madness. Born out of the greed of men and then compounded by the skittishness of other men. The people I feel the most sorry for are those "sub-prime" targets who were sold they could live the dream and then had it pulled from under them. Those of us who have some money to spend can help to "buy" our way out of this madness.

gera
November 27th, 2008, 13:21
Recession is a man-made madness. Born out of the greed of men and then compounded by the skittishness of other men. The people I feel the most sorry for are those "sub-prime" targets who were sold they could live the dream and then had it pulled from under them. Those of us who have some money to spend can help to "buy" our way out of this madness.

It was easy to see this coming. The Consumer driven markets went out of wack by many greedy huslers and many dumb people buying on credit without the necessary income to eventually pay their debts.........many people, I hope will realize that they canīt have whatever they want without someday paying it.....but we will see things coming into shape again, they always do.
People all over want more and more each day, materialism is rampart and again someday some will get the shaft again........too many dumbsicles around.:bs:

IanP
November 27th, 2008, 13:41
I agree with Gera - the people who loaded themselves up with debt for things they didn't need (or in many cases really want, but HAD to have!) are the cause of all this.

I agree that the only way to get any economy back on its feet is to spend, but only buy what you can afford, for [insert deity here]'s sake!!!

Ian P.

bazzar
November 27th, 2008, 13:42

Well Rog, I can only tell you that the spirit is willing enough it's just that the flesh takes longer to iron these days...

MCDesigns
November 27th, 2008, 13:50

While I do feel kinda sorry for those people, I don't pity them. If you don't have the brains to realize you are spending over your means, you get what you sow. I have no debt other than the basic monthly bills so I do have money to play with (just spent $225 of a 3D modeling/rendering app I really didn't need, LOL :isadizzy:) and I do try to do my part for the economy, especially since I am in retail management. I'll also be getting a new PC sometime soon. :d

Roger
November 27th, 2008, 14:26
While I do feel kinda sorry for those people, I don't pity them. If you don't have the brains to realize you are spending over your means, you get what you sow. I have no debt other than the basic monthly bills so I do have money to play with (just spent $225 of a 3D modeling/rendering app I really didn't need, LOL :isadizzy:) and I do try to do my part for the economy, especially since I am in retail management. I'll also be getting a new PC sometime soon. :d

Hmmm, surely one of the reasons they are at the bottom of the heap is that they don't have a grasp on such matters and they were targeted as a potential new market by people who should have known better...but greed always comes out in the wash...and millions suffer.

Panther_99FS
November 27th, 2008, 14:42
Where is this thread going next I wonder ? :isadizzy:

MCDesigns
November 27th, 2008, 14:53
Where is this thread going next I wonder ? :isadizzy:

To simmarket to buy some addons for FSX??? :redf:

warbird861
November 27th, 2008, 21:25
Hi Stiz,
I read in their forum that the new Catalina team were taken off the Cat to help finish the F16 which I believe doesn't have a prop??? What will they think of next???:d

THIS
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64078&stc=1&d=1227854309

(under development by Catalina-team, also amphibious version is planned :costumes:)

djscoo
November 27th, 2008, 21:28
THIS
http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=2564

(under development by Catalina-team, also amphibious version is planned :costumes:)
what is it? (link be broken)

warbird861
November 27th, 2008, 21:41
It should work now

Francois
November 28th, 2008, 00:39

Right on the mark.

Roger
November 28th, 2008, 01:28
THIS
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64078&stc=1&d=1227854309

Brilliant!:costumes:

jmig
November 28th, 2008, 04:12
I would happily buy something, if there was something I wanted. I NEED an itch guys. :costumes:

harleyman
November 28th, 2008, 04:22
Well you may all rest assured that my family

stimulates the economy.....:d

I just wish others would as that may go a long way into replenishing my lost retirement.....:banghead:

So...Get busy and spend,It is afterall the Holiday season you know....

Thats it ,dig deep..gas is cheaper now than its been is a couple of years so get out there and spend what you got....:applause:

Help save a brother from going back to work....:costumes:

Panther_99FS
November 28th, 2008, 12:54
Here ya' Rog---> http://secure.simmarket.com/combat-planes-eurofighter-typhoon.phtml

Roger
November 28th, 2008, 13:33
Here ya' Rog---> http://secure.simmarket.com/combat-planes-eurofighter-typhoon.phtml

Great plane but the Typhoon I prefer has a big prop:d

Panther_99FS
November 28th, 2008, 13:38
How about this then ? :d --> http://secure.simmarket.com/tropicalsim-caribbean-bundle-200812.phtml

Roger
November 28th, 2008, 13:45
To quote post #1
"I want to buy Aerosoft's Catalina (held up while the team was diverted to finish a jet???). I want to buy an FsX Lancaster and an FsX P51 (any or all versions). I'd buy an FsX Tiger or Gipsy Moth. I'd buy an FsX P38 (any or all versions). I'd buy all of Bill Lyons type aircraft as FsX native. I'd buy the FsX native Dc2 or any or all of the Maam aircraft.
My credit card waits (unless I fall foul of this recession) to purchase products at a reasonable price and I'd bet that there's a lot of folk out there who feel the same?"

But that Carribean scenery does look nice:mixedsmi: hmmmm...maybe:costumes:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Panther_99FS
November 28th, 2008, 14:06
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:.....:mixedsmi: