PDA

View Full Version : Way off base, but I think you guys should peruse this and Hope!!! WOW!!!!

gera
December 6th, 2010, 11:30
http://x-plane.com/pg_news.html

all my fingers are crossed and hope X-Plane 10 actually becomes a Very Serious Menace to FSX...we need New Tech doing its thing, I think.....:kilroy::kilroy:

Z-AZ1USN
December 6th, 2010, 11:54

all my fingers are crossed and hope X-Plane 10 actually becomes a Very Serious Menace to FSX...we need New Tech doing its thing, I think.....:kilroy::kilroy:

Hi Gera,
I have X-plane and I could not install it all on my older computer (Scenery, all airfields) due to
hard drive limitations. It is a very nice flightsim but, you have to relearn a lot
of keyboard functions that are different then FlightSim. I have a new rig with Win-7 64 Bit and just
might reinstall it.

Bone
December 6th, 2010, 12:08
The planes just didn't look real. Maybe it's the contrast in the video, but they just didn't look real. FSX planes look pretty darn real, to me.

Thoe6969
December 6th, 2010, 12:10
Sure does look good,glad to see there are going to be buildings at airports.and the planes look awsome.

Warrant
December 6th, 2010, 12:15

As you were saying....WOW!

Seems X-plane is throwing a rock at the spot where Microsoft felt there was nothing more to gain!

Will be flying in FSX for a long time, but this is really something to take under concideration!

Hope all my controls will function with X-plane though!?!

Roger
December 6th, 2010, 12:23
I was impressed with the aircraft and the shuttle appeared to have bump maps. The background suffered through the zoom in creating a blurry background something that FsX overcomes with the Ctrl/- & +. The environment is Xplane 9.6 so were not seeing xplane 10 in this video.

jdhaenens
December 6th, 2010, 12:37
The scenery still does not support transparency that I can see. I can see some z fighting in at least one of the pictures of the fuel station. It's coming along, but not there yet.

gera
December 6th, 2010, 12:37
Hi Gera,
I have X-plane and I could not install it all on my older computer (Scenery, all airfields) due to
hard drive limitations. It is a very nice flightsim but, you have to relearn a lot
of keyboard functions that are different then FlightSim. I have a new rig with Win-7 64 Bit and just
might reinstall it.

Sorry to hear you have not coped with X-Plane. I started really using it with version 9 and have updated it since. I have not had any problem setting up my controls using their "controls menu" which is very much like FSX´s, so I have very little use of the keyboard. I agree that at the moment their planes are not up to FSX´s standards but their version 10 should close the gap a little more. Their IL-14 and AN-24 are very nice with VC and all trimmings. Competition is what makes the world tick, and MS needs it bad in this field, they dump us all and today they keep laughing at our woes!!!!...their Flight stuff apparently will not be ready until 012 or 013 so I don´t bother with it....the ********* to say the least. I like FSX but really hope X-Plane 10 or anyone else bangs it in the head Bad!!!! even if I have so much invested in it. I know how to make scenery and Flights in X-Plane so no sweat at all....let´s hope we get to see their new stuff in 2011....:ernae:

gera
December 6th, 2010, 12:43
I was impressed with the aircraft and the shuttle appeared to have bump maps. The background suffered through the zoom in creating a blurry background something that FsX overcomes with the Ctrl/- & +. The environment is Xplane 9.6 so were not seeing xplane 10 in this video.

Roger, What the Ctrl/-&+ is that???????...give dough....:a1089:

gera
December 6th, 2010, 12:47
As you were saying....WOW!

Seems X-plane is throwing a rock at the spot where Microsoft felt there was nothing more to gain!

Will be flying in FSX for a long time, but this is really something to take under concideration!

Hope all my controls will function with X-plane though!?!

I have many switch boxes, the yoke controls, fuel, prop, Radios box, Auto pilot box in my FSX cockpit and they also work exactly the same in X-plane.

Roger
December 6th, 2010, 13:16
Roger, What the Ctrl/-&+ is that???????...give dough....:a1089:

Try it! It zooms the aircraft in or out maintaining the same zoom for the background.

Scratch
December 6th, 2010, 14:03
I tried one version of XPlane a few years ago and it sucked so bad if I could have banged it off my hard drive with a large hammer I would have done it.

It looks like they have come a very long way in a short time and I will be looking at this new version very closely. I am impressed by what I see so far. It's about time there is some serious competition for Microsoft. It can only be a good thing. Whoever has the best product gets my money period. I really like this vid:ernae:

falcon409
December 6th, 2010, 14:55
I came across a guy on YouTube that was criticizing the introduction of the "CrowdFlow Engine" for future Orbyx offerings because, as he said, FSX is dead and obsolete. . .XPlane is the future. lol

I have to be honest, while I don't own XPlane, and have no intention of going that direction, I have seen enough videos, pics and "rave reviews", that I have been left wondering what all the fuss is about. The really fervent XPlane addicts act as if there has never been anything but XPlane, lol. Please!!

Meshman
December 6th, 2010, 15:20
I bought XP v9.?. but it didn't like my C2D system too much. Plus the setting up of controllers and things were a bit too geeky for me.

I do hope v10 brings forth new ideas, as competition within the genre is a good thing.

I still have v9.x, so I may reload it just to see if it likes the i7 930 a little better? If I ever get the free time?

gera
December 6th, 2010, 18:14
To those of you that got version 9, it looks lousy Until you load the 60 Gig world scenery!!!! then it becomes a fair lady, I use it about three times a month and really enjoy it....I think 10 will defenitly be a nicer, much nicer lady!!!!!....To those that hacked without knowing it or ever using it, I think is like saying _" I have heard about that woman but am sure I don't like her!!!..just not real, not real at all, or its like saying " I really don't like ceviche I have only seen it in photos"...you should try Ceviche!!!! :isadizzy::isadizzy::pop4:......or go out with the woman then talk,,,,,:toilet:

Onward to Adventure....X/Plane 9. something

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/sobreamazonas-dc3.jpg

On to Naples, Italy.....

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/napoles.jpg

stiz
December 6th, 2010, 19:04
not for me i'm afraid, i'll admit its come leaps and bounds over the years but i still dont like it. That and their main guy bugs the hecka outta me :engel016:

txnetcop
December 6th, 2010, 19:42
There are several betas or should I say parts of betas out there. I have one so does another buddy of mine. There is some real potential for X-Plane 10 but the 60GB scenery sucks that comes with X-Plane 9.0. Nothing is where it is supposed to be. The A.I. is addon and not dependable even in the X-Plane 10 beta which is a small part of the reason it is now delayed into 2011. There is still a lot to do.

I hope it becomes as good as FSX or better, but the only way they will get FSX from me is outta my cold, dead hands! I have X-Plane 9.60 and so far it is a huge disappointment. Most of the aircraft feel like they are on a surveryor's plumb bob! I will admit that the newer aircraft for X-Plane 9.6 are getting better and better and look really sharp.
Ted

gera
December 6th, 2010, 20:38
Never say never....a wise truth. I come from "Antique 1967 computers and have seen what I thought then I would never see, I remember going to Tewksberry, Mass in the early 70's and buying at Dr. Wang's factory , the Wang 500 for around 4,900 bookaroos!!! a beautiful 2K!!!!! machine, with a music cassette tape for outside storage!!!! and a single strip of blinking lights for programming in raw assembler or whatever .....we programmed that baby for many years and got one of the largest sugar refineries to run its payroll in two of them running parallel......looooooooooooooong time ago, ages in the computer field......so, I am absolutly positive we or maybe many of you will see a 100% better sim, either from someone out there or the drummer boy MS, when??? in computer time.....day after tomorrow:.......betcha!!!!!:salute::salute: (Oh, computers at that time din't have any games whatsoever, at least not the Wangs, and no one thought to put games in them......what? games in a computer???...Nuts!!!!!!!...they worked just fine doing structural calculations and other math........_)

falcon409
December 6th, 2010, 20:43
. . . . .That and their main guy bugs the heck outta me :engel016:
lol, lol, Yea, pretty much full of himself.

Bjoern
December 8th, 2010, 08:06
X-Plane will be an alternative for me once it has better AI and ATC.

Bone
December 8th, 2010, 08:31
Flight simmer's should chew on the following statement for awhile:

Sometime in the next few years (2-?), X-Plane will be as good as a flight sim that came out four years ago (FSX).

gera
December 9th, 2010, 07:43
"When and where men see the positive side of things they usually reach their goal and make their day, when they do not, they usually stagger and collapse to doom.."(Copyright ggc/2010-2030):mix-smi:

Overshoe
December 9th, 2010, 13:00
I bought 2 versions of X-Plane. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I will need to see 12 positive reviews from long time MSFS users that I respect before I will consider being fooled a 3rd time. At this moment, X-Plane is of no interest to me.

ryanbatc
December 9th, 2010, 13:18
lol, lol, Yea, pretty much full of himself.

+1,000,000,000! This really bothers me as well... and the way people just agree with him, like horsies finding a salt lick!

X-Plane will be an alternative for me once it has better AI and ATC.

Same here... another problem with XP9 is lack of scenery for non major airports. In FSX, even the default farm field airports give you a sense of atmosphere... in XP9 I checked out my home field, Duluth, MN - it's a fairly large field IRL, and looks deserted in the sim...

Flight simmer's should chew on the following statement for awhile:

Sometime in the next few years (2-?), X-Plane will be as good as a flight sim that came out four years ago (FSX).

Where did this come from LOL??? Sorta bassackwards...