PDA

View Full Version : Look-a-likes......

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2010, 08:37
Sometimes I notice a face of a personality that reminds me of another personality....

Take for example Howard Cosell. I think he looked a lot like Bela Lugosi!

This could be a fun thread!

NC

Terry
December 6th, 2010, 09:37
Thats because they were the same person. Bela just made a career change.

Aviator32
December 6th, 2010, 09:39
He then went on to be President between 1953 - 1961 :mixedsmi:

Aviator32
December 6th, 2010, 09:47
Speaking of look-a-likes :kilroy:

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2010, 09:54
Speaking of look-a-likes :kilroy:

Well, not sure how to respond to that one! My dad had a heartwarming smile, and a laugh to accompany it. He could meet someone, and years later remember their name, and what they talked about. Didn't come naturally for him though; he worked hard to manage that feat.

NC

Aviator32
December 6th, 2010, 09:57
Well, not sure how to respond to that one! My dad had a heartwarming smile, and a laugh to accompany it. He could meet someone, and years later remember their name, and what they talked about. Didn't come naturally for him though; he worked hard to manage that feat.

NC

He reminds me of someone else, an actor I can't put a name to. It'll come to me I hope. Otherwise it'll drive me crazy. 1960's Disney movies maybe? I'm going to have to trawl through imdb!

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2010, 10:10
This is my dad and his sister, back in the late 1930s.

I always thought he resembled a young Jimmy Stewart.

NC

Aviator32
December 6th, 2010, 10:22
That's a great shot. I wish we all still wore hats like that! He does look a bit like Jimmy Stewart there but I just can't place the avatar one. I don't think it's a particularly famous actor but he was either in Disney movies or a 1960's tv show, I can't remember. It'll probably come to me in a few months time! He does look a bit like Sinatra too though.

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2010, 10:31
Ok, this has now become a show-family-pictures thread, I suppose!

But here is dad as a baby, being watched by the family dog; then as a toddler, and finally as a banker in the 1970s with someone you may recognize.

NC

OBIO
December 6th, 2010, 10:53
Aviator

The actor you are thinking of is most likely Fred MacMurray. Did a boat load of Disney films back in the day...and he and NC's dad do look a lot a like.

And as far as the hat NC's dad is wearing...I have a number of those hats that I wear from time to time...I do get some strange glances. Not often you see a man wearing a Stetson Flip Front, Sovereign Series in the ultra rare Navy Blue, or a Resistol Self-Conforming Kitten Finish Flip Front made of XXX grade Beaver. My favorite is a Pendleton Virgin Wool wide brim Ranchers Hat from the Mid-50s. It is such a great hat during those wet, heavy snow storms. Keeps the snow off my face and keeps my head nice and warm.

OBIO

Aviator32
December 6th, 2010, 10:56
Weird, Reagan looks just like my Uncle Ron who emigrated to California after the war :icon_lol:

I've only got one jpeg of my dad -

He's a very young PO in the front row. I think it's either the Daring or the Minerva, I'd have to ask him. (Could even be the Brighton or the Tiger too).

Aviator32
December 6th, 2010, 10:59
Aviator

The actor you are thinking of is most likely Fred MacMurray. Did a boat load of Disney films back in the day...and he and NC's dad do look a lot a like.

OBIO

Thanks, I googled Fred MacMurray as one of the possibilities but the actor I'm thinking of is about the same age as NC's dad in the picture.

OBIO
December 6th, 2010, 11:07
Thanks, I googled Fred MacMurray as one of the possibilities but the actor I'm thinking of is about the same age as NC's dad in the picture.

I know who you are talking about now...can't think of his name. He did a lot of cop movies back in the late 60s and early 70s.

OBIO

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2010, 11:12
In dad's later years, I always thought he looked a little like Carroll O'Connor (Archie) or Tom Bosley (Richie Cunningham's dad).

NC

Aviator32
December 6th, 2010, 11:24
In dad's later years, I always thought he looked a little like Carroll O'Connor (Archie) or Tom Bosley (Richie Cunningham's dad).

NC

Yes I can see the likeness for Mr Cunningham.

I know who you are talking about now...can't think of his name. He did a lot of cop movies back in the late 60s and early 70s.

OBIO

Yes that sounds about right. He definately wore a uniform of some kind. I thought he might have been one of the characters in I Dream of Jeannie but having looked them up, it's not any of them. Something like that though.

Navy Chief
December 6th, 2010, 11:26
Yes I can see the likeness for Mr Cunningham.

Yes that sounds about right. He definately wore a uniform of some kind. I thought he might have been one of the characters in I Dream of Jeannie but having looked them up, it's not any of them. Something like that though.

The actor William Holden comes to mind, (another of my favorite actors), but don't see a resemblance to dad.

NC