PDA

View Full Version : New Install of CFS1 & CFS2

marklaur
December 5th, 2010, 21:56
Well I finally have CFS1 installed again. I did not think I had previously installed it, but once on my drive I recognise the scenery.

Still looks OK to me. Default skins need replacing bit the cockpits look very similar to CFS2 and are fine by me.

I also reinstalled CFS2, probably my all time favourite, don't know why but probably because of the defence of Australia 2 campaign.

Are there any mods for the default terrain and skins that I should install? At this stage I think I will stick with the stock install and just tinker with it a bit.

Now that I have both CFS1 & 2 installed, has anyone here copied over the CFS1 scenery to CFS2. I have an old article describing how to simply copy over the CFS1 files into CFS2 and not having to muck around with the scenery library to use them. Does this process work? As it would be nice to have the bigger hills etc from CFS1 in CFS2, and the extra airfields. I gather this would work with quick combat missions?

Luckily the 2D views are good enough, because even with this low powered PC the pan rate in the VC's in CFS2 is way to fast.

Anyway back to another flight.

Regards MarkL

PS
If anyone spots a similar post from yesterday somewhere I have lost the thread. I thought I posted yesterday but can not find it anywhere.

smilo
December 6th, 2010, 13:25
hello Mark, here is a link to some repaints for stock aircraft;
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=38245
just scroll down to post #5

I checked your profile and saw no double post
of this one anywhere at SOH

marklaur
December 6th, 2010, 21:51
Thanks Smilo,

I have the download. Should I use the stock repaints or the 1% version repaints.
I am mainly looking for the repaints.

If the 1% aircraft have better flight models I may pass those up as the default ones give me a good challenge. But if the repaints are better I could just use those.

Cheers MarkL

PS Glad I did not double post. I must not have saved correctly.

smilo
December 7th, 2010, 13:36
it's been a while, but I believe that both
are the same updated textures by PJ Dunbar.
if you open the Combat Flight Simulator folder,
there are three folders,
the Aircraft folder contains new texture files for all stock aircraft.
the Texture folder contains new textures for all stock static aircraft.

marklaur
December 7th, 2010, 21:51
it's been a while, but I believe that both
are the same updated textures by PJ Dunbar.
if you open the Combat Flight Simulator folder,
there are three folders,
the Aircraft folder contains new texture files for all stock aircraft.
the Texture folder contains new textures for all stock static aircraft.

Thanks I will install them over the weekend.

Cheers MarkL