PDA

View Full Version : I get the feeling...

Bjoern
December 5th, 2010, 15:04
...that American is kind of the lead dog at DFW. :isadizzy: :icon_lol:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/FS%20Screenshots%201/th_DFW_Traffic.jpg (http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/FS%20Screenshots%201/DFW_Traffic.jpg)

Framerates were suprisingly acceptable, but the approach into my destination, EWR, was sheer horror (8 FPS...).
FSX displays AI traffic within a large radius, so my hardware had to handle all the traffic in the New York area...JFK, LGA, EWR and dozens of small GA airfields. So from now on, NYC is the last place I'll go. :icon_lol:

txnetcop
December 5th, 2010, 17:41
Yes sir...it's their main hub now!

Bjoern
December 6th, 2010, 09:10
Yes sir...it's their main hub now!

Hm, *one* of their main hubs, according to Wikipedia.

Hubs at Dallas/Fort Worth and Miami serve as gateways to the Americas, while American's Chicago hub has become the airline's primary gateway to Europe and Asia. New York Kennedy (JFK) is a primary gateway for both the Americas and Europe, while the Los Angeles hub (LAX) is the primary gateway to the Asia/Pacific.

I really like AA's livery. Quite simple, yet it looks good on just about every aircraft they've operated so far.

SADT
December 6th, 2010, 17:48
I really like AA's livery. Quite simple, yet it looks good on just about every aircraft they've operated so far.

+1 :salute:

Bone
December 6th, 2010, 18:17
Texnetcop is right. It's been their main hub for 30 years. American moved their corporate headquarters there in 1980, and that's where they do all of their pilot and flight attendant training.

txnetcop
December 6th, 2010, 19:44
I knew I was right I worked on some of the computers in their terminals but hey Wikipedia knows everything! LOL By the way Bjoern there are several freeware DFW airport addons that work well with traffic A.I. to make your flight into DFW a little more fun.

Bjoern
December 8th, 2010, 08:07
By the way Bjoern there are several freeware DFW airport addons that work well with traffic A.I. to make your flight into DFW a little more fun.

If, by that, you mean AFX files, I already have one.

If you mean *real* sceneries, I couldn't find anything for FSX except a terminal add-on.