PDA

View Full Version : New Laptop

hey_moe
December 5th, 2010, 13:47
My 7 year old grand son has been bugging me for a laptop...lol...kids. Any we went to BB to buy a few games for his DS and yea, ( it's his birthday by the way ) I brought him a pooter too...I couldn't help myself....lol. It had more crap that was trial ware and a boat load of other crap. I guess it's format time. Linda asked me how can ya go shopping for a few kids game and end up blowing over fifteen hundred. I said it's easy, ya wanna go for round two and see how it's done. Can you believe she showed me her middle finger...what dat mean...LMAO...Mike

Roadburner440
December 5th, 2010, 15:22
Sounds like you had fun Mike. Here is a question for you though. How does formatting the hard disk remove the bloatware? With my Toshiba laptop that I bought the recovery disks that it came with just re-imaged the drive with all the junk that was on it before. I went through and uninstalled all the bloatware and everything was smooth sailing after that. Never even had an issue with it ever. Pretty funny story though. At least you had fun. This time of year I get more aggitated shopping than anything else. So I try to stay home, and we try to get our X-mas shopping done early (before black Friday).

Dangerousdave26
December 5th, 2010, 16:32
Last year when I bought my new lap top it took me a day to remove all the crap and do all the updates.

9 days later the hard drive died on it and I had to do it all over again with the laptop.

20 days later the hard drive died again and that time I was prepared. I bought a new Western Digital to replace the crappy Seagate hard drive and burned my image to it.

It has been running strong since.

Meshman
December 5th, 2010, 17:03
http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

Maybe this will help/work?

Lionheart
December 5th, 2010, 20:44
Pretty nice of you Mike, getting him a new computer.

I guess I am an odd one as the bloatware and demo's intrique me. Sort of like shopping. I can always just erase them or some take so little room, I never click on them again.

hey_moe
December 6th, 2010, 02:46
Well on the formating of the hard drive I find it just as easy for me to format it and install only what I want on the pooter than to install their bloatware and all the other crap they install.

Chacha
December 6th, 2010, 04:15
A 7 year old got a NEW laptop?

That is very sweet of you, Mike!

kilo delta
December 6th, 2010, 07:01
I'm really looking forward to this Chistmas...what about you Grandpa Moe?

:bump:

Bone
December 6th, 2010, 07:11
I got a Sony Vaio last March, and it came with a disk that just reimages what was originally on the drive. So, instead of reformatting, you have to make a partion on the disk and reimage it, then delete the stuff that was on there before the partition/reimaging...at least thats what the salesman told me at the time.

I don't like that. I think it's rip off that you don't get an op system with a new purchase anymore (at least in the U.S.). I'm going to have to buy a sim-builders version of Windows 7 from New Egg when it comes times to reformat....because I want to reformat, not reimage!

hey_moe
December 6th, 2010, 10:47
Bone, I got a couple of the W7/64 and 32 bit disk, no biggie there.It's been years since I brought a laptop and I feel you shouldn't be subject to all this bloatware..lol...I format so much it doesn't bother me anymore. Now Linda knows how to spend money at Christmas....I ain't too bad either. It's my grandson birthday today so I took him shopping yesterday. I made the mistake of asking what he wanted. After that it was all she wrote. He had 9 games pulled off the rack and had them line up in a row.....I busted a gut and said only two of them if ya want da pooter.....he said ok...I said l'll buy the two games he can buy the other seven...he agreed and gave me his last two dollars....how can ya say no to dat.His DS games ranged from 22.00 to 37.00.I guess with this new laptop he can learn math now...grins...Mike