PDA

View Full Version : Saving file

deathcomesarippin
December 5th, 2010, 08:41
Hello all! I have a pretty noobish question but after I paint a plane (in CFS2) how would I save the paint file, under a jpeg or another file?

gaucho_59
December 25th, 2010, 16:46
Hello all! I have a pretty noobish question but after I paint a plane (in CFS2) how would I save the paint file, under a jpeg or another file?
You do not want to use JPG format at all (as a storage while you work) for with each time you open it the file acquires more and more of a moiree pattern... Ideally, PSP is the best format for it preserves any layers work and background separate and intact. Of course, when you are ready to replace it in the model...it has to be in whatever format the original was...because the model config file will call for each texture file by name and format. (i.e.: whichever way the original acft was skinned)...
If it is a straightforward bmp. that is it... if however, it was in another compresions like DDS or extended bmp, etc. files...it would behovoove you to start with PSP as an editor...and Martin Wright's extremely useful DXTBMP program (freeby)... with which you probably are already familiar with... or can learn to use easily... PSP is very user friendly as opposed to PhotoShop...(even I, as an experienced graphic arts designer, find PHOTOSHOP much too cumbersome... Both my sons who are college trained graphics artists use it...for they have 4 years of college experience with it...and of course, on major artistic endeavours PHOTOSHOP is the "one and only"... as far as those kinda folks think)...
Hope I've been of help... if your need any help..do not hesitate to ask... (by email preferrably for quick answers... or go to my home page: http://westwood.fortunecity.com/chanel/132/index.html
Visit my home page... I have lots of WW2 related graphics artwork... A fellow once skinned a CFS2 P-51D based on a pic I expose there... and came up with a darn good repaint...
Ciao for now... and HAPPY HOLIDAYS (I keep homes in both Italy and California... thereby my greeting... lol)