PDA

View Full Version : AVG Update Cripples Users' Windows 7, Vista Computers

hey_moe
December 4th, 2010, 03:05
For the users of AVG, ya might wanna read this >>> http://www.dailytech.com/AVG+Update+Cripples+Users+Windows+7+Vista+Computer s/article20310.htm

huub vink
December 4th, 2010, 03:14
Both my computers used AVG, but I didn't have any problems and the last update installed was from today. So either I'm just lucky of the news article makes things a bit stronger than they really are.

But nevertheless, thanks for sharing the information.

Cheers,
Huub

kilo delta
December 4th, 2010, 03:19
Aha...that explains it then. A relative of mine has been having a lot of hassle with her laptop over the past 2 days due to AVG. It was locking up her system and wouldn't uninstall fully,even in safe mode or using the avg removal tool. A re-install was necessary in the end.

Cazzie
December 4th, 2010, 03:27
Strange, I use AVG 9.0, updates automatically daily, scans automatically daily, yet
(tap wood), I have had no such problem?

Could it be just a few, it would seem with the majority of PC users that have Vista and 7, that there would be a lot more cases than reported. Me sees a stink bug in the works, think the same thing happened with Toyota, bad press because some competitors didn't like you stinking up their profits.

Caz

hey_moe
December 4th, 2010, 04:04
Caz, did ya read the fine print at the bottom >>>> there where a select few, like Caz's pooter that wasn't trashed....lol...Mike

JoeW
December 4th, 2010, 04:47
I have AVG 2011 (Registered Version) and while it's not trashed ......... I think it's causing problems with opening files and on the internet , connections problems. I can't connect to Flight 1 to verify a program that I bought about a year ago and had to reinstall.
I'm about to remove AVG ..............:redfire:

Dynasaur
December 4th, 2010, 13:55
I have AVG 2011 (free ) and although it tells me the database is out of date, it will not update either automatically or manually.

I have been using AVG for years but it looks like its time for a change.

Navy Chief
December 4th, 2010, 14:27
I used to have AVG, but switched to AVAST. It is free, and has saved my computer MANY times!!!

http://www.avast.com/index

NC