PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen me?

Dangerousdave26
December 3rd, 2010, 13:31
Well not me but my Bike

I ride it to work almost everyday. I lock it up in the same bike rack and today some SOB decided to steal it.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/Dangerousdave26/IMG_0034.jpg

Now it was not that expensive and if I have to buy another one I can, although the budget really does not like that idea.

Still I would like to choke the ever liven begeezers out of someone today.

Luckily I had all of the details make model serial number. Not mention the picture in this post. I filled out my police report and they will start searching the pawn shops next week. That will probably be the only way I will get it back.

Now if any of you see it give me a call.

OBIO
December 3rd, 2010, 13:34
DD

Sorry to hear that your bike got swiped. I hope the scum who stole it gets busted and you get your bike back.

OBIO

hey_moe
December 3rd, 2010, 13:39
That sucks !

jmig
December 3rd, 2010, 13:50
That sucks !

Ditto!

If you find the guy, let us know. A few of us can come down and help you "talk" to him. :)

TeaSea
December 3rd, 2010, 16:01
Feel violated, don't you?

That's what you should feel like when someone takes your property. You should because the ownership of that property is an extension of yourself, your personal space and freedom.

When someone takes your property, they have violated that space, infringed on that freedom. They've said in effect that "you don't count, your freedoms don't count, you're nothing".

Plus, there's a whole batch of self appointed "experts" who will come along and tell you why you shouldn't feel that way, that it's just a bike after all, not worth getting excited about, and certainly not worth the time and effort to chase down the culprit. They are the "enablers" for those who would restrict you and inform you that you're not worth anything. And they usually feel pretty good about keeping you in your place.

There will also be "reasons" why someone elected to appropriate your private goods. They had a bad childhood, or they are impoverished (i.e. they need it more than you). Their rationale....Who are you to judge, who are you to dare "own" something, to use it, to treasure it? Clearly, you must have violated someone else to obtain your precious "thing". After all, there's only so much wealth in the world, isn't there? So if you have something, you must have taken it from someone else.....

Well, rest assured, you still count to us, and I hope your bike turns up.

CG_1976
December 3rd, 2010, 16:13
Now that just sucks and sorry to hear about this theft. I had 1 bad experience 7 years ago in Key West. Same thing some SOB stole mine and it was just outside the navy base at a circle jerk locked up. Came out and poof gone. What really ticked me off was the police didnt care or even take a report because there is just to many thefts of bikes there. So I went to the SP's on base and they took the report. About 6 months later returning from MUGM NAS a SP came to me and gave me my bike back and informed me they caught the yutz who stole it. The crook got nailed via one of the security camera's from the bases gate. I truly hope your bike turns up ok and the thief gets nailed.

Bjoern
December 4th, 2010, 05:53
I got my bike registered at the police just after I've bought it new last spring. They note the manufacturer's name, model and serial number and additionally carve an extra ID code into the frame.
If someone breaks my heavy duty lock and nicks my bike, the police will have an easier time finding it due to that ID.

But I doubt someone will attempt to steal it in the first place since they know what they'll get themselves into. The extra ID code and the subsequent very visible sticker is a nice turnoff for thieves.

Butcherbird17
December 4th, 2010, 08:08
I have the same bike minus the front disk brakes, mine going on four years old. Where in soflo you located? If any where in ft lauderdale area i'll keep an eye out for it. I'm still looking for my Hutch Trick Star that was stolen 3 years ago. And when i find the punk that stole it, i'm going to beat him with the bike.:pop4: I had that bike since the early 80's and is worth a nice chunk of change, and is not a common 20" bike.

Joe

allcott
December 4th, 2010, 08:33
I feel your pain, and I hope you get it back.

An acquaintance of mine had his motorcycle stolen a year or two back. Police completely disinterested as you expect, even when he pointed out it was equipped with a tracker device. As soon as he put the phone down he got a call on his mobile from the tracking company asking if he'd like them to recover the machine for him? Apparently part of an `experiment` they were undertaking. :salute:

He said yes, and 2 hours later three burly blokes delivered his bike back to him in an unmarked van. Over coffee it turned out they were - wait for it - unemployed mercenaries on the look out for some fill-in cash between `assignments`!!!

They'd tracked the signal to a lockup in a dodgy part of town, broke the door down noisily, waited for the yobs to turn up find out who was messing with their gear, then `obtained a confession` before leaving with the tracker-equipped machine, undamaged apart from the steering lock. According to the police they turned up about fifteen minutes later and the thieving b'stards were literally begging to be taken into custody!

:ernae:

Trans_23
December 4th, 2010, 09:16
I feel your pain, and I hope you get it back.

An acquaintance of mine had his motorcycle stolen a year or two back. Police completely disinterested as you expect, even when he pointed out it was equipped with a tracker device. As soon as he put the phone down he got a call on his mobile from the tracking company asking if he'd like them to recover the machine for him? Apparently part of an `experiment` they were undertaking. :salute:

He said yes, and 2 hours later three burly blokes delivered his bike back to him in an unmarked van. Over coffee it turned out they were - wait for it - unemployed mercenaries on the look out for some fill-in cash between `assignments`!!!

They'd tracked the signal to a lockup in a dodgy part of town, broke the door down noisily, waited for the yobs to turn up find out who was messing with their gear, then `obtained a confession` before leaving with the tracker-equipped machine, undamaged apart from the steering lock. According to the police they turned up about fifteen minutes later and the thieving b'stards were literally begging to be taken into custody!

:ernae:

Cool! :cool:

Dangerousdave26
December 4th, 2010, 14:26
But I doubt someone will attempt to steal it in the first place since they know what they'll get themselves into.

I thought the same thing. The bike was locked with a comercial Master Lock and a half inch plastic coated cable.

Physically it was about 100' or 150' from the Federal Police Office (I work in a government building).

Never underestimate the brazenness of some thieves.

Bjoern
December 5th, 2010, 09:13

Always do stuff where other least expect it. ;)

safn1949
December 5th, 2010, 12:56
Up here in Minnesota about a month ago some dirtbag stole a bike,pedaled away and got ran over by a car when he rolled out in front of him...killed him deader then a hammer.:jump:

Navy Chief
December 5th, 2010, 13:07
That really stinks. I sure hope you get it back!

Years ago, when there was a rash of car jackings along I-10, I remember a reporter had interviewed one of the scumbags, and asked him why he did it.

His reply? "Well, cuz they has what I wants, so I takes it." Shoot the bastards, in my opinion.

Bjoern
December 5th, 2010, 14:50
Up here in Minnesota about a month ago some dirtbag stole a bike,pedaled away and got ran over by a car when he rolled out in front of him...killed him deader then a hammer.:jump:

*Chuckle*

Stratobat
December 5th, 2010, 15:54
Hey Dangerousdave,

A couple moved in to a house down the road from me and as they were moving in, they were held up by a couple of thieves with pistols. As they were making their get away, noticing that one of the neighbours was watching them, they just smiled and waved.

Regards,
Stratobat