PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of doing a new build

hey_moe
December 3rd, 2010, 10:15
My pooter is due for a replacement again. Da wife gave me a five bucks...lol. First thing she said was if I was gonna replace the monitors too...I busted out laughing. I said whats wrong with the ones I got, her response was I ain't never happy unless I get ever thing new...I said it's a good idea.....she just rolled her eyes..lol. I hope by the first of the year the prices of them high end processors come down a wee bit more. All I really need is the motherboard, processor,video card and some fast memory. She said how much is just that....I said aroud three grand....whats da big deal...I said at least I don't have to replace the tower,power supply,water system,cables and everthing else....lol.She just don't understand ...it's a man thang...LMAO..I guess it's shopping time.:wavey:

kilo delta
December 3rd, 2010, 10:33
That's a pretty good performing system you have already,Moe. If I were upgrading now I'd only be happy with an overclocked i7 Intel 980x based system. Even then I don't think the fps increase in FSX would be worth the $,000 spent!
If you plan on upgrading the monitors I'd suggest going for a 30" 2560x1600 res unit(s).

Happy shopping :jump:

Aviator32
December 3rd, 2010, 10:40
That's a pretty good performing system you have already,Moe. If I were upgrading now I'd only be happy with an overclocked i7 Intel 980x based system. Even then I don't think the fps increase in FSX would be worth the $,000 spent!
If you plan on upgrading the monitors I'd suggest going for a 30" 2560x1600 res unit(s).

Happy shopping :jump:

I think there are a few of us thinking 'What's he going to do with the old one' :icon_eek:

stiz
December 3rd, 2010, 10:46
can i have your old one?? i'll pay shipping!! :running: :icon_lol:

gera
December 3rd, 2010, 11:02
My pooter is due for a replacement again. Da wife gave me a five bucks...lol. First thing she said was if I was gonna replace the monitors too...I busted out laughing. I said whats wrong with the ones I got, her response was I ain't never happy unless I get ever thing new...I said it's a good idea.....she just rolled her eyes..lol. I hope by the first of the year the prices of them high end processors come down a wee bit more. All I really need is the motherboard, processor,video card and some fast memory. She said how much is just that....I said aroud three grand....whats da big deal...I said at least I don't have to replace the tower,power supply,water system,cables and everthing else....lol.She just don't understand ...it's a man thang...LMAO..I guess it's shopping time.:wavey:

You bet.....I just got me two 24" monitors, at $ 157.00 each!!!! now I have to change my cockpit configuration, no sweat, will also get 2 more Switch Box panels so I can have all of FSX controls on these rather than use the keyboard....I love Christmas, even if my wallet bucks some!!!!...Happy Holydays.:applause::applause:

Bjoern
December 3rd, 2010, 11:24
can i have your old one?? i'll pay shipping!! :running: :icon_lol:

Can I have the QX once you got the rig? You'll get my Q9450 in return. :d

txnetcop
December 3rd, 2010, 12:43
I'd rather have wifey's credit card and I'll help ya shop! OK?

hey_moe
December 3rd, 2010, 14:02
Linda says the first mistake I did was playing with FS 2000, second one was becoming a member here and start buying all da new planes and scenery. I told her I can't help it if the toys da guys got I likes...lol