PDA

View Full Version : Same old weird display error

TARPSBird
September 30th, 2008, 22:31
After reading Gedm's post about saving old CFS2 how-to posts, I have this :censored: problem again. Was selecting an aircraft for Free Flight, got error message saying "CFS2 has caused an error in unknown, CFS2 will now close" and when I start it up again I get this tiled effect on scenery and aircraft (see pic). I seem to recall there was a correction for this but don't remember what it was. I tried deleting the cfs2.cfg file but that just causes the sim to create a new .cfg and I still have the display problem. I don't want to create a System Restore point before each CFS2 session. :mad: Any suggestions would be appreciated, if there's a correction I'll file it away this time.

OBIO
September 30th, 2008, 23:41
Go into Settings and check your hardware and video settings. Looks like they may have been reverted to the default settings. Up the resolution and detail settings in your sim to higher levels.

OBIO

TARPSBird
October 1st, 2008, 14:13
Obio, thanks for your reply. My hardware and video settings showed no change from what I normally have them at, but I will watch for that if it happens again. I ended up rebooting the computer and that resolved the problem.

Tango_Romeo
October 1st, 2008, 22:45
....last year. It turned out to be a corrupted stock scenery file. I corrected it by replacing the stock scenery files with copies from my stock install on the same hard-drive. You might be experiencing the same type of problem.:wavey:

Fibber
October 2nd, 2008, 20:02
TR;
this may fall in your area, or Ramis', If you have the SdC scenery installed and then put in Pen32's 2TAF scenery would there be a problem? I have them in and when I go to fly Interlaken I get the Fjord but the hills ahve no texture and are pea green. as I fly away some parts of the area take on texture but not all. I forget the actual terminolgy name for this effect.
Still trying to rebuild my ETO theater.

Tango_Romeo
October 2nd, 2008, 20:45
TR;
this may fall in your area, or Ramis', If you have the SdC scenery installed and then put in Pen32's 2TAF scenery would there be a problem? I have them in and when I go to fly Interlaken I get the Fjord but the hills ahve no texture and are pea green. as I fly away some parts of the area take on texture but not all. I forget the actual terminolgy name for this effect.
Still trying to rebuild my ETO theater.

...for sure is to remove or deactivate one or the other. Sorry, but that's the best I can offer.