PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Charter....Flights form Paro to Mountain Villages

gera
November 30th, 2010, 07:42
"Eagle Charter" has gotten a year contract from "The Lama Institute of Light Flaws" to take their Lama teachers to the various little villages in the mountains of Bhutan. The institute, from several donors all over the planet, have built small airfields in many villages in order to decimate their lively teachings and music. In this flight to five destinations you will take their "Godly Flute and drums Band" to celebrate the holy days of "Bamabulampusa" among the villagers. Good wines, roasted boar and celery onions will be taken along to distribute among their followers too, so the plane will have quite an odor.......This mission is to test the capabilities of Carenadoīs 208 which is quite a plane, but you can fly with any good Turbo STOL if you do not posses the aircraft....No bamboosal gadgets in this mission...No Compass on the left top corner, no crazy twirling arrow at destination or any crazy gamy thing from FSX!!!! just a MAP for the pilot graced with the mission....obviously any rooky pilot or tube driver will really have a rough time with this and will probably crash in no time...this Mission is for Bush pilots with extreme experience and talent for mountain flying....When you say??..most probably at weekend so check your 208 asap......I must repeat: --Tube pilotos will really be frustrated with this, so forget it and keep pressing the "Auto" button and have your cup of chocolate or tea.....:icon33:and for amateurs or 172 rookies, just keep on flying around your home field and do remember to take your milk bottle, if you dare try this Mission you will probably not only crash on take off but also crash your PC.:crybaby:.....For the VIP bush pilots, have a nice flight up there DUDES....:greenf:....

Mission includes: New short Dirt airfields, pretty Monasteries, nice music but strange and a prayer book.......:)..:(

gera
December 2nd, 2010, 06:11
Uploads tonight......
Itīs using the Carenado 208 but you can use the default one....Note: If you change aircraft be very careful with your choise, most airfields are above 13,000 ft and a lot of power is needed around these heights at take off and the fields are Short!!!!....This is a very difficult FSX style Mission where you will have to calculate "Time to Station" in order to be able to find under very bad weather conditions the airfields. Only one map is provided with direction to field and distance.......no compass, except the airplaneīs one, and defenitly no dancing arrow at destination!!!:kilroy:, if you have REX you will really like this.....
Note....If you donīt like FSX Missions per se ( I do not like them too much, the SDK is full of bugs and really its not much fun making them), you can just fly this as a regular FSX Flight by following the map, Flightsim.com publishes the whole thing in detail so you can just grab the map and fly....I made it as a Mission since its a little more challenging for the top hat bush pilot....any feedback will be appreciated specially from all those bush pilots out there in France and Europe who seem to follow this type of flying quite avidly.....Thank you for the many suggestions, tips and corrections I get from that side of the pond.:ernae:

Tip...since weather is so bad, do all your calculations before the flight and have them handy during the flight...remember flight planning at the FBO with a cup of hot coffee??:salute:

txnetcop
December 2nd, 2010, 08:56
LOL.........tube pilots.........thanks Gera looks like fun!
Ted

gera
December 2nd, 2010, 10:32
LOL.........tube pilots.........thanks Gera looks like fun!
Ted

You are welcome Ted, and do take your yellow socks for luck!!!!:ernae:, the purple ones donīt work around these mountains....:kilroy:

warchild
December 2nd, 2010, 11:08
When we were developing Namaste Airlines VA, I fly some test flights out of Paro.. Boeing had sometime earlier used paro to Demonstrate the 737's abilities to the Tibetan Governman hoping they'd buy Boeing's.. i was able to barely get a DC=10out of there, and if it had been real, that poor plane would have needed a whole new paint job on the botom.. The mountains are steep, and high on all four sides, but theres a valley that leads to the right just as ypu top the first ridge..

i love that area for fling.. Some of those strips are little more than outcroppings from the rock and make even a dirt strip here look very modern.. And then theres the mountains themselves. You can climb up to 10, 17, even 20 thousand feet and they still keep rising.. The weather is aways a trip as well.. It can be bright and Sunny in Kathmandu and you'll find yourself in impenetrable cloud half way through a flight and no room to turn around in.. I love flying the old Dragon Rapide up there. It was the first plane used for commercial travel through the Himalaya's, and I at least have the luxury of a GPS.. They didnt.. ..
Thanks gera :) this is going to be fun :)..
Pam

gera
December 2nd, 2010, 11:23
When we were developing Namaste Airlines VA, I fly some test flights out of Paro.. Boeing had sometime earlier used paro to Demonstrate the 737's abilities to the Tibetan Governman hoping they'd buy Boeing's.. i was able to barely get a DC=10out of there, and if it had been real, that poor plane would have needed a whole new paint job on the botom.. The mountains are steep, and high on all four sides, but theres a valley that leads to the right just as ypu top the first ridge..

i love that area for fling.. Some of those strips are little more than outcroppings from the rock and make even a dirt strip here look very modern.. And then theres the mountains themselves. You can climb up to 10, 17, even 20 thousand feet and they still keep rising.. The weather is aways a trip as well.. It can be bright and Sunny in Kathmandu and you'll find yourself in impenetrable cloud half way through a flight and no room to turn around in.. I love flying the old Dragon Rapide up there. It was the first plane used for commercial travel through the Himalaya's, and I at least have the luxury of a GPS.. They didnt.. ..
Thanks gera :) this is going to be fun :)..
Pam

Hi Pam, You are correct!!, well since you know the area you know what to expect....I fly these mountains all the time and with Taburetīs Nepal the mountains are spectacular...Bhutan is really a mystery not to say the lost kindom of Tibet.....I still have to finish Nepal Deluxe part III the eastern part, but got so many projects that it will take a while.....enjoy the mission this weekend...Thanks.:ernae:

gera
December 3rd, 2010, 06:57
Ok Bhutan and neighboring pilots!!! the Mission has been uploaded in Simviation and Flightsim.
Those who provide me with photo of the "success" screen will get ----a link to Panamaīs Government Purchases Website where you can sell your goods or at least try!!!!!----...have some nice landings in the wonderful Kingdom of Bhutan....it is guaranteed you will be absorbed by the mountains you will encounter here....:running::running::running: