PDA

View Full Version : Problem after installing Eastern Front Missions

grahamfox
November 30th, 2010, 06:25
Ive just installed these and when I start ETO 1.4 with hot fix in Era 2 where the missions are and the music is playing I get a flashing screen and a box saying mission failed to load. I have checked the facilities and the missions are there in programme files. The game loades OK in the other Era's. Any suggestions where Ive gone wrong ?

Just tried removing these missions and facilities but Im still getting the fail to load box. Looks like I screwed up somewhere. I only have a back up of my ETO folder as 1.4 but not with the hotfix. Can I replace the messed up ETO folder with the back up 1.4 then run the hotfix set up again following the set up instructions that came with the hotfix.

Led Zeppelin
November 30th, 2010, 07:07
I've got the same problem with PTO and I can't solve it, don't know why.

Usually this comes from an aircraft that have not been properly installed, check the sound.cfg.

HouseHobbit
November 30th, 2010, 09:06
Ive just installed these and when I start ETO 1.4 with hot fix in Era 2 where the missions are and the music is playing I get a flashing screen and a box saying mission failed to load. I have checked the facilities and the missions are there in programme files. The game loades OK in the other Era's. Any suggestions where Ive gone wrong ?

Just tried removing these missions and facilities but Im still getting the fail to load box. Looks like I screwed up somewhere. I only have a back up of my ETO folder as 1.4 but not with the hotfix. Can I replace the messed up ETO folder with the back up 1.4 then run the hotfix set up again following the set up instructions that came with the hotfix.

I have had this also, I found I had a aircraft that called for a sound cfg, that I didn't have loaded correctly..

I think you can reload 1.40 back up then load the hotfix..As far as I know..

The missions for ETO Eastern Front only use Stock aircraft, no add ons..
And removing them would have solved the problem If it had been the missions..
I know several have had problems like this, from the different expansions and CFS3.. As Loic stated it was usually something mis-loaded in the Aircraft.. ie, sound, pylons, Guns, weapons..

There are several experts here on this, I am sure as soon as they see this they may have an answer..
But as far as I know reloading ETO 1.40 from the back up should help..
Than just run the Hotfix, and hopefully all will be okay..

But I am Not the expert some are in these matters, I just build missions..

grahamfox
December 1st, 2010, 02:26
Thanks for your repies. It looks like switching the 1.4 folder in prog files to the back up then running the hotfix would be the easiest unless someone tells me it wont work, I'll hold off for a few days to hopefully hear from an expert in this area. Eara 2 was OK till I loaded these missions and facilities and I havnt touched the aircraft sound config.

grahamfox
December 8th, 2010, 06:13
So tried the above following the installation instructions for the 1.4 hotfix on my back up 1.4 folder. When I start the game from the desktop ETO start shortcut I get the start up screen for a few seconds then I can see in the task manager that CF3 splashwnd not responding. Any ideas? I could go back to my old 1.4 hotfix folder that I screwed up but I cant play Era 2.