PDA

View Full Version : DC-3 - Legends of Flight is released!

Martyn
November 30th, 2010, 06:07
http://www.justflight.com/newsDetail.asp?newsid=1792

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Nortmar/C47.jpg

Thank you to everyone who gave us very valuable feedback during the development of this aircraft. Those of you who pre-ordered should be receiving download details via e-mail any time now.

Thanks
Martyn

mal998
November 30th, 2010, 07:21
Thanks for a really nice package...

Is there a pilot's/user's manual in the works. It would be helpful.

Martyn
November 30th, 2010, 07:38
Hi,

There is a 68 page manual included with the product. PDF version comes with the download, printed version comes with the DVD.

Thanks
Martyn

mal998
November 30th, 2010, 07:47
That's great to hear... I looked around but did not see it, where exactly is the manual?

gera
November 30th, 2010, 07:52
Will wait for some feedback from the new users....do tell.

roger-wilco-66
November 30th, 2010, 08:49
Good news!!

I'd buy it immediately if I could pay via paypal. No more credit card deals over the net for me.
I would have bought many things from Justflight during the last year or so, but unfortunately there seems only one way to pay the bill. You can't even register an account without revealing your credit card details. Sorry for the rant.

Cheers,
Mark

Roger
November 30th, 2010, 09:38
Looks great but just having spent £170 on a new graphics card it will have to wait a little. The expansion pack at £9.00 will be a must have to get the Waco glider!

kimdahl
November 30th, 2010, 10:54
Has anyone else noticed that many of the aircraft folders contain empty duplicate version of themselves???

Does this serve any purpose, or has something slipped through the quality control? BTW I found a large number of thumbs.db's after installing the 2 packages. I don't really think that these files belong in a finished product.

Rant over...

Best regards
Kim Dahl

Daveroo
November 30th, 2010, 10:59
Has anyone else noticed that many of the aircraft folders contain empty duplicate version of themselves???

Does this serve any purpose, or has something slipped through the quality control? BTW I found a large number of thumbs.db's after installing the 2 packages. I don't really think that these files belong in a finished product.

Rant over...

Best regards

Kim Dahl

will fsx load with those dulicats?....i had a payware of a plane i really wanted but it loads with a warning all the time about duplicate planes and contantly giving me a popup with a warning..irritating

PRB
November 30th, 2010, 19:27
Nice plane. Wierd about the duplicate folders. Have to try deleting them and see what happens. They didn't affect FSX loading in any way on my machine.

GypsyBaron
November 30th, 2010, 21:07
will fsx load with those dulicats?....i had a payware of a plane i really wanted but it loads with a warning all the time about duplicate planes and contantly giving me a popup with a warning..irritating

There is nothing in those duplicate folders but "thumbs.db" files.

I just deleted them all.

Paul

Yoda
November 30th, 2010, 22:38
I like this plane...visually, she's beautiful, and I was grateful for the first-day purchase bonus of the expansion pack, which includes some great models.

She flies well, but there are two problems: 1) the interior sounds don't seem convincing to me. No brake squealing, metal rattling, or bone-jarring engine noise; and 2) the manual does a great job of showing me what's what in the model, but doesn't give me the detailed data I'd like to see in order to fly the bird correctly.

Martyn
November 30th, 2010, 23:49
That's great to hear... I looked around but did not see it, where exactly is the manual?

Hi Mal,

It should be in the Start menu (Start>All Programs>Just Flight>DC-3...). If you can't find it there, it is installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\DC3

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
November 30th, 2010, 23:52

Hi Daveroo,

The folders to which a few people are referring do not cause any issues/errors/problems. They can be deleted if you wish, or left as they are only kilobytes in size.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
December 1st, 2010, 00:28
Good news!!

I'd buy it immediately if I could pay via paypal. No more credit card deals over the net for me.
I would have bought many things from Justflight during the last year or so, but unfortunately there seems only one way to pay the bill. You can't even register an account without revealing your credit card details. Sorry for the rant.

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Rant away, we always appreciate feedback! Payment methods aren't my expertise, so I took your question to our Operations Director. Here is his response to your query:

Currently, we are evaluating whether to offer PayPal as an option to our customers.

There was a time when PayPal was seen as a sort of online ‘wallet’ where people stored cash they had acquired from selling items (usually on ebay) and would then spend this cash on other things. Part of the pitch was that by not offering PayPal we were excluding customers who did not have (or wish to use) credit cards online.

Nowadays things are different. While there are still people who spend ‘cash’ from their PayPal account, the vast majority simply enter their credit card details and use PayPal as a card processing service. How can we be so sure of this? One of our sister companies handles all the back end processing for a major games download site. That site offers PayPal and over 90% of PayPal transactions are simple credit card purchases that could have been made via the site.

So, what’s the problem? It sounds like people use PayPal because they trust it. What’s not to like?

The drawbacks that we can see are:

1) PayPal is simply more expensive. That’s not a problem for the customer, obviously, but is a fact of life and you can’t really pass this cost on to the customer.

2) Just Flight has a long established customer account structure that includes a loyalty point scheme, address storage details and so on. This is a nightmare to integrate with PayPal because the customer leaves our site, makes his payment and then returns and there is nothing ‘joined up’ about the process. We would probably have to ditch accounts and reward points for PayPal users.

3) Following on from 2), PayPal takes your money and pays us before the purchase is completed. If anything goes wrong after you return to the site to complete the purchase your cash has gone but we don’t have your order.

4) Customer service. If anything goes wrong you know you can contact us straight away and we will resolve it. We have well established guarantees and we stick to them. If necessary, we will call you on the telephone, irrespective of where you are in the world to sort something out and if you e-mail us we won’t send you an automated reply based on a scan of your e-mail that looks for keywords and shoves in what is deemed to be an appropriate response.

5) There is very little seller protection on PayPal. If we process a credit card we can use Verified by Visa and, if there’s a problem, we can take it up with the fraud department at the card processing end. No such luxury with PayPal.

We will more than likely offer PayPal as a payment option in the near future, but it will probably be limited to verified PayPal accounts, which may limit the number of people who can actually use it.

As ever, we’d appreciate any feedback or comments you have on the above and if anyone can tell us why Amazon don’t use PayPal we’d be very interested!

The reason you can’t register an account without a card is simply because we work on the simple logic of why would someone want to open an account without buying something? We used to allow people to open accounts ‘on the fly’ in the past and we ended up with a vast database of non-customers who were opening accounts simply to get e-mail and news information. You can now sign up for news without opening an account, which we think makes things a lot easier for customers.

I hope that answers your questions.

Thanks
Martyn

AussieMan
December 1st, 2010, 00:30
I got both the original pack and the expansion pack. According to the manual there is a Buffalo Airways paint there but it is not in my install.

In both packs I get a total of 18 aircraft paints but the manual shows many more than that. Have I missed something?

About to hit the sack now but will try a re-install tomorrow and see what happens.

Cheers
Pat

Martyn
December 1st, 2010, 00:34
In case anyone missed the video on the other thread:

YdabdIm46A0

Martyn
December 1st, 2010, 00:36
Hi Pat,

I have installed the DC-3 and its expansion pack and the Buffalo Airways variant is present:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Nortmar/Buffalo.jpg

If you still can't see it, please drop me a support request: http://www.justflight.com/supportrequest.asp?supportProductID=255

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
December 1st, 2010, 00:45
the manual does a great job of showing me what's what in the model, but doesn't give me the detailed data I'd like to see in order to fly the bird correctly.

Hi Yoda,

The PDFs found here may be of interest to you: http://pcmuseum.tripod.com/dc3/

Thanks
Martyn

gera
December 1st, 2010, 04:54
I like this plane...visually, she's beautiful, and I was grateful for the first-day purchase bonus of the expansion pack, which includes some great models.

She flies well, but there are two problems: 1) the interior sounds don't seem convincing to me. No brake squealing, metal rattling, or bone-jarring engine noise; and 2) the manual does a great job of showing me what's what in the model, but doesn't give me the detailed data I'd like to see in order to fly the bird correctly.

If you don´t hear the lady squealing inside, the metal cracking, the brakes cheering and the hard engine noice inside it´s not a DC-3, at least the many I flew all over Central America around the 1960s did that....I always look at sound (?) as one of the important ingredients of a model, either it sounds right or you stop using it pretty soon, or start to buy sound substitutes, but no one has yet produced an "inside sounds addon"......thanks for the info. I buy their train addons and the sounds are just great!!

Alan_A
December 1st, 2010, 09:32
Have just managed a couple of short flights so far. I agree she flies well but I also agree about the sounds - they seem thin and generic, which robs the package of a lot of atmosphere.

I'm also wondering which systems are modeled and which aren't. I've tried opening and closing cowl flaps but so far can't see an effect on operating temperatures. And oil temperature seems stuck on zero for some reason. Is the gauge nonfunctional, or am I just missing something? The latter is entirely possible.

Will try to work with it a little more today and see what more I can find out.

AussieMan
December 1st, 2010, 09:59
Hi Pat,

I have installed the DC-3 and its expansion pack and the Buffalo Airways variant is present:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Nortmar/Buffalo.jpg

If you still can't see it, please drop me a support request: http://www.justflight.com/supportrequest.asp?supportProductID=255

Thanks
Martyn

Thanks Martyn. I will look when I get home from work this afternoon and let you know what happens.

Cheers
Pat

Anneke
December 1st, 2010, 11:07
Accusim did no good ;), I'm not at all interested in eye candy releases anymore.... We want 'living' machines, working systems and not some badly modelled flight attendants or uninteresting non working guns..

WAD3
December 1st, 2010, 11:53
Accusim did no good ;), I'm not at all interested in eye candy releases anymore.... We want 'living' machines, working systems and not some badly modelled flight attendants or uninteresting non working guns..

Thats is what has happened to me. I keep thinking of the B-17 and all the "character" you hear just taxiing to takeoff. I think this will be a let down.

Andrew

krazycolin
December 1st, 2010, 12:01
the B-17 has working weapons? that's news to me....

Alan_A
December 1st, 2010, 12:40
Thats is what has happened to me. I keep thinking of the B-17 and all the "character" you hear just taxiing to takeoff. I think this will be a let down.

Andrew

I also find myself thinking about the A2A B-17 and also the Aerosoft Catalina. I understand that not everybody can do (or wants to deal with) in-depth systems modeling - sometimes I don't. But the soundset and animations can provide good atmosphere (the Aerosoft Beaver is atmospheric, thanks mainly to sound). Those are lacking here. The DC-3 much better than default but misses that character and "you are there" feeling - which a DC-3 should have. If a good soundset could be added, that would help.

Alan_A
December 1st, 2010, 12:41
the B-17 has working weapons? that's news to me....

It doesn't. And the bombs don't explode, they just drop and disappear. But the weight and performance of the aircraft change when you drop them. So absent weapons, there's still a lot going on.

GypsyBaron
December 1st, 2010, 15:39
It doesn't. And the bombs don't explode, they just drop and disappear. But the weight and performance of the aircraft change when you drop them. So absent weapons, there's still a lot going on.

The turrets are active if you turn them on in one of the menus.

I added the weapons pack by Chris Sykes and I get bombs that drop and explode on impact.
The only niggle is that you see the original 6 drop and disappear along with the 6 from
the weapons pack.

Paul ( spoiled by Accusim! )

Alan_A
December 1st, 2010, 16:14
The turrets are active if you turn them on in one of the menus.

I added the weapons pack by Chris Sykes and I get bombs that drop and explode on impact.
The only niggle is that you see the original 6 drop and disappear along with the 6 from
the weapons pack.

Paul ( spoiled by Accusim! )

True - the turrets move and the guns traverse and elevate, but they don't fire.

I haven't tried the weapons pack, though I've read about it. I mostly use the B-17 for transportation, weather observation and other peaceful pursuits...

But am equally spoiled by Accusim.

Crusader
December 1st, 2010, 17:09
In my humble opinion Just Flight did an excellent job on the DC-3/C-47 Legends and expansion . In the past years I have logged quite a few hours in the default DC-3 and MAMM's port-over and all of the excellent paints that has been made for it . The Legends flies very well and I try to fly as close as I can to the manual(within my ability). As far as a "living aircraft " as some described , the Legends engrosses me and give me a feeling of living in the past . The term " eye candy " as been mentioned and I personally love " eye candy " whether it be on an aircraft or scenery . IMO it enhances the feeling of being there . Especially partial to the AC-47 and the C-47 D-Day . I had a chance to see the "Spooky" up and personnal at Danang in 1967 when we were under a rocket attack and a AC-47 was on final and if memory serves me right and just touched down(?17R or 17L?). It did a quick T & G and from what I heard later had apparently saw the Rocket flashes(Russian 144's? --if I have correctly the size) and took care of business , destroying the rockets along with a few VC . To me it sounded like a "buzz saw" . The C-47 D-Day constantly reminds me of my uncle(RIP) who made the jump into Normandy and Bastogne with the 101st Screaming Eagles .

Bottom Line: "To each his own". We all have different tastes and wants and we fortunately are blessed with all of this excellent freeware and payware by some really talented designers .

Love the Just Flight Legends DC-3/C-47 with Expansion ,

Rich

Crusader
December 1st, 2010, 17:29
Just a follow up on the sound . The AC-47 "Spooky" has the gun sounds(after activating switch on VC panel then using the "I " key on keyboard . I personally like the engine sounds and have used several over the years .

BTW: I'm not anyway affiliated with Just Flight , just a satisfied customer . I also have Aerosoft's Catalina and love it . Quite a challenge and learning curve for me anyway but I really enjoy it and as soon as I devote more time in learning , I'm planning on doing some serious South Pacific and SE Asia long distance flying in it and the JF Legends DC-3/C-47 .

This is too much fun for a man my age to have but having a ball doing it .

Retired and currently a flight sim addict . Now , off to the fridge for a cold one .:guinness:

Rich

robert41
December 1st, 2010, 17:59
I like it. No, definitely not an A2A Accusim, but a fine example of the DC3.

CG_1976
December 1st, 2010, 18:42
Ok the SOH Yellowknife man is testing the Buffalo and listening to the sounds and will report back.:salute: Cough cough after smelling Avgas all day in -25. Yep RW Buffalo was a chugging today.

AussieMan
December 1st, 2010, 22:15
Hi Martyn,

Have had time to check the instillation and I have 23 aircraft including the Bufflao paint. Appears everything is ok.

A question though. Do you plan another expansion pack to include a DC-3 with the extra windiow cut in the area over the wing where in a military version the navigator and radio operators sit? A lot of civilian passenger aircraft have these windows there (actually flown in one). Also is the Viewmaster version in the works?

One minor critique though. Perhaps I have been spoilt beta testing and flying the released version of the DC-2 but I have found 2 slight differences. On the DC-2 they modelled the pilot and co-pilot's side windows so you could click on them and they would open. Also the door from the cockpit to the passenger cabin also opened with a click. Other than that, a wonderful aircraft.

Cheers
Pat

oldpropfan
December 1st, 2010, 22:19
All in all a nice package with a good variety of representative aircraft but I have a few niggles also.

Missing some cockpit ambient sounds, already mentioned by others, but I'll just add my own.

I know you were doing a representative DC-3 VC and understand why but it's still odd seeing the cowl flap controls in the Cyclone powered non-CF aircraft.

Cyl head temp gauge needs to be fixed. The scale tops out at 150C but the 5 min take-off max of the P-W 1830's is 260C and normal cruise max is 232C. Took me a couple of flights to realize why even with 100% cowl flaps my temps were pegged.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/dca%20shots/dc-3tempgauge.jpg

Look forward to maybe more addon packs with other variations of the -3 (and functional 2 stage blowers while I'm wishing ).

edit, a closer shot of the gauge:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/dca%20shots/dc3tempgauge.jpg

Al

CG_1976
December 1st, 2010, 22:27
Wishing for Ski's:jump:

Martyn
December 1st, 2010, 23:56
A question though. Do you plan another expansion pack to include a DC-3 with the extra windiow cut in the area over the wing where in a military version the navigator and radio operators sit? A lot of civilian passenger aircraft have these windows there (actually flown in one). Also is the Viewmaster version in the works?

Currently there are no plans to release further expansion packs as the development team are busy working on the upcoming Comet. However, we always welcome feedback and requests so it can't be ruled out!

On the DC-2 they modelled the pilot and co-pilot's side windows so you could click on them and they would open.
Our DC-3 has cockpit windows which should open when you click on the latch.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
December 1st, 2010, 23:58
Hi all,

So that we can collect/organise all bug reports, can anyone who identifies something that they feel is a bug please submit a support request?

http://www.justflight.com/supportrequest.asp?supportProductID=255

I can't guarantee that I won't miss a post or two when scanning forums!

Thanks for the feedback so far.
Martyn

AussieMan
December 2nd, 2010, 00:04
Thanks Martyn will have to look harder for the latch :)

Cheers
Pat

SADT
December 2nd, 2010, 00:14
Thanks Martyn will have to look harder for the latch :)

Cheers
Pat

Aussieman;

Its not the side windows that open, its the front ones :salute:

dougal
December 2nd, 2010, 02:33
Hi Guys

Because I've pretty much maxed out with addons recently, I had changed my mind about getting this, and thought I'd skip it.

However, seeing the level of willingness and interaction from the developers, has changed my mind once again. I'd MUCH rather have this kind of support from developers than worry about getting systems to 100% etc. Well done guys!

Wife won't be happy, but here comes yet another DC3:wavey::wiggle:

gera
December 2nd, 2010, 05:40
Thanks for the interesting posts from users, I will get it soon. About sound, for engines there is an addon, if anyone has it and has tried it, can you say its better than the original???...The DC-3 is 75 years old this year, I hope I get to that and pass it......:jump:

chet twowolves
December 2nd, 2010, 06:09
I just bought the sonic solutions sound pack for the DC-3.I put the sound file into the DC-3 PW sound file.I myself Think is outstanding sound .Bought it over at www.flightsim.com (http://www.flightsim.com). I seen aolt of DC-3s During screw worm program.In douglas az.They drop fly boxes that broke open when it hit the ground.This was back in the early 70s.I worked on a ranch, and They would fly over our heads and drop the flys.Chet Two Wolves:wavey:

Alan_A
December 2nd, 2010, 11:01
@ Chet Twowolves - thanks for the heads-up re: the Sonic Solutions soundpack. Just to clarify - much as I like Accusim, I wasn't expecting an Accusim aircraft here. Improved sound would help a lot with the atmosphere and if a third party soundpack provides that, that's great. Is it effective inside the cockpit as well as outside?

@ oldpropfan - Ah! Looks like I mistook the cylinder temp gauge for the oil temp gauge, and misread the scale, too (like I said, these were quick flights). That would explain the pegged gauges. Quick question - is the Buffalo repaint Wright-equipped or P&W-equipped. Sorry, I should know this but I don't have my manual handy. If Wright, that might explain why the cowl flaps seemed to have no effect. Or it might be that they did, but didn't bring the temperature below 150.

Will explore further. I'd like to like this a/c, and I'm happy to work with it.

chet twowolves
December 2nd, 2010, 11:22
Hi Alan-A.
Yes you can here great sound outside as well as inside.I do like this sound package.For DC-3.:salute:.Chet Two Wolves

dougal
December 2nd, 2010, 11:23
I just bought the sonic solutions sound pack for the DC-3.I put the sound file into the DC-3 PW sound file.I myself Think is outstanding sound .Bought it over at www.flightsim.com (http://www.flightsim.com). I seen aolt of DC-3s During screw worm program.In douglas az.They drop fly boxes that broke open when it hit the ground.This was back in the early 70s.I worked on a ranch, and They would fly over our heads and drop the flys.Chet Two Wolves:wavey:

That's good, but it does then mean, if you want an aircraft with a more immersive soundset, it's not what you'd call a great price once having bought both.

FSN
December 2nd, 2010, 14:07
Thanks guys for considering my DC3 soundpack. It was on sale for 6 bucks last week at one of the sim shops. I just asked FS Pilot shop to put it on sale at 50% off for all of December so it'll be 6 bux. Hopefully that helps out those that fancy having both without spending a ton. Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Edit: Well I'm sorry to say I can't put just one sound pack on sale according to FS Pilot Shop. They say they can't "because it would be too cheap to sell individually. The processing fees take up too much of the commission to make it worthwhile. One product just isn't valuable enough"

I tried.

Martyn
December 2nd, 2010, 23:54
Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the sound-set included with this aircraft. We have taken onboard your criticisms and are currently looking into the possibility of upgrading the existing sound-set.

@dougal95 : Thank you for the kind words! We (JF and AH) are very passionate about the aircraft that we develop. We spent considerable time getting the aircraft as close to perfect as possible, taking into account the time-frame and commercial realities that face all developers and publishers. I really believe this is an excellent aircraft and we will endeavour to fix any issues and improve those areas which people feel have fallen short of their exceptions.

Thanks
Martyn
(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?u=16809)

chet twowolves
December 3rd, 2010, 04:43
Hi.I just want to say how much i enjoy justflights DC-3.Its well done.And the C-47s also outstanding.I hope to see some outstanding repaints.Outstanding job.Chet Two Wolves.:salute:

Alan_A
December 3rd, 2010, 04:52
I installed the Sonic Solutions soundset last night and I have to say it makes a huge difference. I finally felt like I was at the controls of an old, ill-tempered, rattling machine. Much more satisfying this way. I'm even thinking about adding it to the Wright versions - not strictly accurate, I know (and that risks opening an old debate, which isn't my intention), but until there's a Wright set availalable, the P&W sounds might add atmosphere if not realism.

@Martyn - that's great news about your considering a sound upgrade. As noted, a Wright set would be nice if that's achievable (I don't know how many Wright Cyclones are in circulation). So would some additional brake and ground sounds.

Re: other issues - on further review, it turns out I have the same issue with the cylinder head temp gauges pegged at 150 no matter what I do with cowl flaps. Noted for the record. But...

...updated bottom line - it's not Accusim and it's not going to be, but it's turning out to be a much more enjoyable experience.

dougal
December 3rd, 2010, 04:57
Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the sound-set included with this aircraft. We have taken onboard your criticisms and are currently looking into the possibility of upgrading the existing sound-set.

@dougal95 : Thank you for the kind words! We (JF and AH) are very passionate about the aircraft that we develop. We spent considerable time getting the aircraft as close to perfect as possible, taking into account the time-frame and commercial realities that face all developers and publishers. I really believe this is an excellent aircraft and we will endeavour to fix any issues and improve those areas which people feel have fallen short of their exceptions.

Thanks
Martyn

Good for you guys - way to go!

Shame more payware developers don't do this.

Martyn
December 3rd, 2010, 06:09
I am pleased to announce that we will be releasing the Sonic Solutions DC-3 75th anniversary sound pack as a free upgrade for all DC-3 Legends of Flight users.

We hope to have this ready and available from our website after the weekend.

Once again, thank you for your constructive criticisms and feedback. I hope that the new sound pack brings the aircraft to life :salute:

Thanks
Martyn

dougal
December 3rd, 2010, 06:25
Okay, that does it for me.... Off to buy it NOW!

:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

allcott
December 3rd, 2010, 06:45
I'll wait until the promises are made manifest. These are not the times to be an early adopter and hand over money for a sub-standard product.

dougal
December 3rd, 2010, 08:10
Having finally purchased and installed, it seems I have a problem.

The Sounds!

In the VC, I can only JUST hear the engines, even with volume high. If I pan left or right, I can hear each engine, but only very quiet. When center in the VC, I can only just hear the engines.

In the 2D cockpit, there's no sound at all unless I 'look' left or right.

Exterier sounds seem okay.

I've tried a reinstall but it didn't help.

I have a brand new Windows7x64 and FSX installation. Not even finished installing my addons yet.

FSN
December 3rd, 2010, 08:15

The Sounds!

In the VC, I can only JUST hear the engines, even with volume high. If I pan left or right, I can hear each engine, but only very quiet. When center in the VC, I can only just hear the engines.

I have a brand new Windows7x64 and FSX installation. Not even finished installing my addons yet.

Do you mean the audio that came with the Just Flight version or the Sonic Solutions sound pack. If it's the Sonic Solutions one head over to http://www.sonicsolutions.info/support and I'll take care of ya there.

dougal
December 3rd, 2010, 09:13

The Sounds!

================================================== ==

SORRY GUYS!

Scratch that! All is well

Problem was MY endhttp://forum.justflight.com/smileys/smiley5.gif

JimC1702
December 3rd, 2010, 10:15
I am pleased to announce that we will be releasing the Sonic Solutions DC-3 75th anniversary sound pack as a free upgrade for all DC-3 Legends of Flight users.

We hope to have this ready and available from our website after the weekend.

Once again, thank you for your constructive criticisms and feedback. I hope that the new sound pack brings the aircraft to life :salute:

Thanks
Martyn

Very very classy move.

Jim

kimdahl
December 3rd, 2010, 11:07
Hi

I have made 2 more observations on this otherwise fine model.

The exterior visual models are beautiful, BUT they all (as far as I remember) have the same error at the tail. They have this square part that doesn't look at all like the much sharper edge on the real thing:

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/kimdahl_2008/JF_DC-3_tail.jpg

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/kimdahl_2008/Real_DC-3_tail.jpg

My second problem is with the speed of the landing gear animation. I have found that it extends in about 7 seconds and retracts in about 9 seconds. I think that this is a bit too fast. According to the manual found here: http://pcmuseum.tripod.com/dc3/dc3designfeature.pdf the time to retract during a normal take-off is 11½ seconds. I haven't found any documentation for the extension time, and this will propably be a bit faster as the function is being helped by gravity, but 7 seconds???

Regards
Kim

Marvin Carter
December 3rd, 2010, 12:43
I would love to buy this, but the "BS" runaround I'm getting at just flight to reset my password is driving me to the point of just keep it!!!!

Marvin Carter
December 3rd, 2010, 13:11
Guys Sorry for the rant to just flight ,There a was nothing wrong with there side of the purchase, I bought the sonic solutions sound pack for the DC-3 at simmarket yesterday and right a way I was getting hits on my credit card from back East, Bank stop the hits. Don't know where that one came from!!!. Just wanted to say Sorry to just flight!!!!

CodyValkyrie
December 3rd, 2010, 13:58
Very very classy move.

Jim

Indeed ;)

Alan_A
December 3rd, 2010, 15:23
Very very classy move.

Jim

Couldn't agree more. Well done, Martyn and JustFlight.

CG_1976
December 3rd, 2010, 15:29
Couldn't agree more. Well done, Martyn and JustFlight.

:salute:Salute to both Martyn and Just Flight. Indeed the Sonic Solutions Pack is a perfect solution. The sounds are dead on to Buffalo's C-47's/DC-3's. Excellent Customer service and DC-3 Pride. You can bet im gonna buy 3 more for Xmas Presents.

FSN
December 3rd, 2010, 15:51
Hey guys, I'm just wrapping up the tweaked audio for the DC3, I was wondering if someone might help me out. If you have the original sound set that came with the Just Flight DC3 could you send me an PM please. Thanks so much.

CG_1976
December 4th, 2010, 00:14
Good thing I had Sonic Solutions sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfcxztK1sZg
Now time to fix my video editing program date and time.

TeaSea
December 4th, 2010, 04:51
Guys Sorry for the rant to just flight ,There a was nothing wrong with there side of the purchase, I bought the sonic solutions sound pack for the DC-3 at simmarket yesterday and right a way I was getting hits on my credit card from back East, Bank stop the hits. Don't know where that one came from!!!. Just wanted to say Sorry to just flight!!!!

I experienced much the same issue. My card company saw the UK transaction and put a hold on the card as a precaution, so I couldn't complete the purchase (I pre-purchased last week). Fortunately the friendly rep at JustFlight processed the order over the phone, then suggested I contact my card company, which I did....alles klar. He also noted that in my haste I had attempted to purchase the product 4 times, which he cleared out of the system (whew....I've done that before and it's a pain to clear up!)

My criticism of the product is the sound as well....am I given to understand that there will be a supplemental package released based on these posts?

shackleton_boy
December 4th, 2010, 05:23
Busy downloading :salute: Are end users allowed to do repaints?

PhillRoath
December 4th, 2010, 05:39
I experienced much the same issue. My card company saw the UK transaction and put a hold on the card as a precaution...

Same here, tried a couple of times but no joy. Just now sent an email to their customer support but will probably be early next week before I hear from them.

Phill

FSN
December 4th, 2010, 05:57
Odd, this happening when you buy the plane or my sound pack? All my sales are handled through the regular sim shops.

mjahn
December 4th, 2010, 06:56
Got the boxed version today and d/led the Expansion pack. No hitches, all versions correct and present as far as I can tell. Nice printed Pilot's Notes booklet in the box. Did a quick walkaround and slewabout, all very pleasant, but much too early for me to do any real flying yet. Got to learn to walk (taxi) first, which apparently means differential breaking. Arrgh, did you have to be as realistic as that? Anyway, looking forward to that "other" soundset. Excellent work guys.

Martyn
December 4th, 2010, 10:40
Busy downloading :salute: Are end users allowed to do repaints?

Of course, a repaint kit is included so I look forward to seeing some repaints!

Marvin Carter
December 4th, 2010, 11:13
I all so have a problem with sonicsolutions DC3 sound, I bought the sound separate for my MAMA port over, but have weird sound issues in the VC, same in the default DC3????

AussieMan
December 4th, 2010, 11:41
Don't you just love it when someone goes to all that trouble to make a wonderful video of a great aeroplane like the DC-3 only to go and ruin it with that disgusting music. The only music we should hear is the music of the mighty P&Ws or the Wrights Cyclones.

Cheers
Pat

stansdds
December 4th, 2010, 12:58
Don't you just love it when someone goes to all that trouble to make a wonderful video of a great aeroplane like the DC-3 only to go and ruin it with that disgusting music. The only music we should hear is the music of the mighty P&Ws or the Wrights Cyclones.

Cheers
Pat
Yeah, maybe he can post a second version without the music. To me, combustion engines and props are music.

FSN
December 4th, 2010, 15:18
Does this help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRpJzqVKRCw&hd=1

CG_1976
December 4th, 2010, 15:31
Yeah, maybe he can post a second version without the music. To me, combustion engines and props are music.

Thank you for the Advise and I will certainly do this next time as this crit has many valid merits from a wiser generation:salute:

TeaSea
December 4th, 2010, 15:54
Same here, tried a couple of times but no joy. Just now sent an email to their customer support but will probably be early next week before I hear from them.

Phill

I just called them up, lot's easier. Obviously at the time I was placing the order it was regular business hours UK so I had that going for me.

The blocks are normal course of business now for many card companies. I travel to Europe every now and again and have gotten used to calling the company to let them know I'm on the Continent. Heads off that issue. Buying software it's just an irritant, but trying to get money out of the teller machine or rent a car, well, that may be a bit more serious.

shackleton_boy
December 4th, 2010, 17:50
Of course, a repaint kit is included so I look forward to seeing some repaints!

Great!

Any one up for this one? SAAF Dakota 6877 'Dazzledak' of 25 Squadron

http://www.dc-3.co.za/images/phocagallery/photos/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_11925%206877%20dazzle%20dak%202%20SA AF%20museum%20ysterplaat.jpg
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png
http://www.dc-3.co.za/images/phocagallery/photos/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_11925%206877%20dazzle%20dak%201%20SA AF%20museum%20ysterplaat.jpg

SADT
December 4th, 2010, 18:00
Yes please, :jump:

As a South African expat, this would be very welcome! :salute:

shackleton_boy
December 4th, 2010, 18:17
great! now we just need to find someone willing to do the repaint :salute:

CG_1976
December 4th, 2010, 18:40
Now that SAAF Dakota is a rare one and a unique paint on her. That would earn a spot in my hanger.

PhillRoath
December 4th, 2010, 19:13
Odd, this happening when you buy the plane or my sound pack? All my sales are handled through the regular sim shops.

Not the sound pack - for me it was the base package DC-3 from Just Flight.

shackleton_boy
December 4th, 2010, 21:43
Now that SAAF Dakota is a rare one and a unique paint on her. That would earn a spot in my hanger.

I love that colour scheme - she used to tow gunnery targets. Hence the dazzle scheme

Stratobat
December 4th, 2010, 22:39
Hey Henk,

I love that colour scheme - she used to tow gunnery targets. Hence the dazzle scheme

Didn't they paint a Lockheed PV-1 Ventura in a similar colour scheme?

Regards,
Stratobat

shackleton_boy
December 5th, 2010, 01:33
i'm not sure :D

Stratobat
December 5th, 2010, 10:56
Hey Henk,

Just had a look... There was such a colour scheme. The winch motor was placed above the fuselage over the turret blank.

Is the Dazzledak still around?

Regards,
Stratobat

papab
December 5th, 2010, 11:52
Does this help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRpJzqVKRCw&hd=1

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Martyn
December 6th, 2010, 07:00
You can download the enhanced sound pack now, from this page:

http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=255

This free upgrade will add a brand new, high-quality sound pack to the DC-3 package.

This update can be used by users of the DVD and Download versions of the DC-3, and also upgrades the DC-3 Expansion Pack.

Note: if you installed the DC-3 and/or DC-3 Expansion Pack after the 6th December 2010 you do not need this update.

*Please back-up any repaints that you may have added prior to installing this update.*

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]-->

If anyone has already installed the Sonic Solutions DC-3 sound pack, they should still install this upgrade as the sounds have been modified specifically for our DC-3.

We are currently working on an update to address the other issues that have been identified in this product.

Thanks
Martyn

pbearsailor
December 6th, 2010, 07:39
Thanks for this, Martyn. Looking forward to the update and sure hope that the VOR and ADF indication issues have been corrected.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

mrogers
December 6th, 2010, 13:30
Hey Henk,

Just had a look... There was such a colour scheme. The winch motor was placed above the fuselage over the turret blank.

Is the Dazzledak still around?

Regards,
Stratobat

It's still flying, but with turboprops!
Here's a link to it:http://www.dc-3.co.za/dc-3-individual-aircraft-history/cn-11925.html

CG_1976
December 6th, 2010, 13:49
Putting Turbo props on a DC3/C47 is like spaying the old girl:icon_lol:

Stratobat
December 6th, 2010, 14:50
Hey Mrogers,

Thank you for the link - The photograph of the aircraft flying over Cape Town looks pretty awesome :cool:

Putting Turbo props on a DC3/C47 is like spaying the old girl

I don't know... I rather like the Turbo Dak :greenf:

Regards,
Stratobat

shackleton_boy
December 6th, 2010, 18:04
So now that we know 77 still flies as a C47TP - who wants to the repaint :jump:

Alan_A
December 7th, 2010, 10:42
Just wanted to say that the new add-on soundset is a big improvement on the Just Flight original and is also bettter than the Sonic Solutions standalone version. Nice work on the remix and the extra sounds - I love the way she rattles in flight now. Great atmosphere and I'll be getting a lot of use out of her.

Now if A2A ever gets round to releasing a modular version of Accusim as they've sometimes hinted they might...

Sorry - just daydreaming... Am quite happy with the DC-3 in her present form.

JAMIE
December 7th, 2010, 11:41

How is the overhead panel is it better than the overhead panel on the stock DC3 in FSX. The MAAM one looks lika a 2d panel. I do have the spit & hurricane from JF I like them.

CodyValkyrie
December 7th, 2010, 11:54
The overhead panel on the JF/AH DC-3 is modeled in 3d to include switches, etc.

Martyn
December 8th, 2010, 00:18
Hi Jamie,

Here is a shot of the overhead on the C-47:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Nortmar/C47Overhead.jpg

Thanks
Martyn

TeaSea
December 8th, 2010, 15:27
Oooohhhh......

Just loaded the new sound files. Thanks so much....thing sounds like it's falling apart!!

Wonderful!

robert41
December 8th, 2010, 18:25
Thanks Martyn. Great package.

ShawnG
December 9th, 2010, 17:51
overall I'm a very happy purchaser, and definitely the new sound pack for the most part is awesome. it still sounds like the engines are just idling when heard from the VC. maybe it's not really the sounds themselves, but maybe the right sound files aren't being played? just from within the cockpit. anybody else hearing the same thing?

robert41
December 9th, 2010, 20:04
Not sure about the sound. Engine sounds in the VC seem quiet in FSX compared to FS9 on my computer. Tried several sound packages that are deep and loud in FS9, but are weak and quiet in FSX. Maybe to simulate having a headset on? The new sound pack is much better that the original.

allcott
December 10th, 2010, 01:57
Not sure about the sound. Engine sounds in the VC seem quiet in FSX compared to FS9 on my computer. Tried several sound packages that are deep and loud in FS9, but are weak and quiet in FSX. Maybe to simulate having a headset on? The new sound pack is much better that the original.

This might have much to do with speaker settings - the sound cone function on FSX seems to cause problems on some systems as the `channel` approach to the sounds can lose a particular sound subset to a speaker that isn't active.

Perhaps try some different speaker settings in the sound options of your system?

robert41
December 10th, 2010, 16:05
Thanks Allcott. I will check into the sound settings.

TeaSea
December 12th, 2010, 12:33
Hi Mal,

It should be in the Start menu (Start>All Programs>Just Flight>DC-3...). If you can't find it there, it is installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\DC3

Thanks
Martyn

Well this is silly of me......All the manuals for all the products are there...just like they're supposed to be. I never bothered to look.

Thanks!!:jump:

Martyn
December 13th, 2010, 00:04
Hi,

We have already got four excellent repaints for the DC-3/C-47. I will post details of any repaints that I'm aware of in this sticky thread:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15819

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
December 17th, 2010, 06:55
A couple of videos:

1hr-2wseIxo&

TeaSea
December 18th, 2010, 04:21
Enjoying this aircraft immensely, however when I attempted to use the C-47 towing the Waco feature, it has created a "simobject" conflict between the Maule.

Has anyone else experienced this and what would be a good way of de-bugging it?

Martyn
December 20th, 2010, 00:03
Have you used the 'Tow aircraft selector' tool in Start Menu>All Programs>Just Flight>?

Martyn
December 21st, 2010, 01:27
Taking some of the excellent DC-3/C-47 repaints out for a spin!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Nortmar/Image1-1.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Nortmar/Image2-2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Nortmar/Image4-2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Nortmar/Image5-3.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Nortmar/Image6-3.jpg

TeaSea
December 21st, 2010, 15:16
Have you used the 'Tow aircraft selector' tool in Start Menu>All Programs>Just Flight>?

Martyn,

Yes, that's the tool I'm using. After a little experimentation I've discovered that selecting the C47 as the default tug using the Tow Aircraft Selector tool creates the conflict when starting FSX.

After closing FSX, returning to the tool and selecting the Maule M7 260C as the default tug, then starting FSX once again, I discover the conflict is gone.

I've also discovered those nice repaints.....

AussieMan
January 10th, 2011, 09:33
Time to resurrect this thread. Just to ask Bazz if there are plans for updated models of DC-3s with eight windows along the Starboard side and 7 on the port side. Also is the Viewmaster in the pipeline? The reason I ask is that being an Aussie I would like to see some of the airlines such as Butler, Ailines of NSW MMA and Bush Pilots just to name a few. Have scanned pictures from the book DC-3 Downunder.

Cheers
Pat

Cirrus N210MS
January 10th, 2011, 10:15
this is the first Payware DC-3 I have ever Gotten and i Love It Alot I am flying it Ever chance i get:salute:

AussieMan
January 10th, 2011, 10:17
To me the engine sounds are pure magic. Spot on DC-3 sound.

Cheers
Pat

Cirrus N210MS
January 10th, 2011, 12:27
they so sound really Nice model is Super Cool:salute: