Hi,

A new beta is released
http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Projets.htm

peter12213
November 29th, 2010, 14:10
Great news thanks for the HU mathieu

oldpropfan
November 29th, 2010, 22:38
Question, loved the first release of this plane but when I downloaded the new beta my virus scanner went beserk. Says it found 3 instances of of trojan backdoor IRCBOT. A little search brings up this as a definition: An IRC bot is a set of scripts or an independent program that connects to Internet Relay Chat as a client. But I also get this answer which is worrysome: Backdoor Trojan Horse that connects to an IRC server and waits for commands from the hacker.

You guys put out some fantastic freeware which hasn't caused me any problems so this could be a false positive. Is there any multiplayer coding in the gauges that would cause this?

Al

kilo delta
November 30th, 2010, 01:15
Question, loved the first release of this plane but when I downloaded the new beta my virus scanner went beserk. Says it found 3 instances of of trojan backdoor IRCBOT. A little search brings up this as a definition: An IRC bot is a set of scripts or an independent program that connects to Internet Relay Chat as a client. But I also get this answer which is worrysome: Backdoor Trojan Horse that connects to an IRC server and waits for commands from the hacker.

You guys put out some fantastic freeware which hasn't caused me any problems so this could be a false positive. Is there any multiplayer coding in the gauges that would cause this?

Al

No problems for me...scanned with Kaspersky AV. It's definitely a false positive. :)

deathfromafar
November 30th, 2010, 01:53
Just picked this up this morning and tested it. Very nice! Lot of improvements and it now has wing views from the VC. It's got a new soundset that is very nice.

Many thanks for the Dev team of this model. They have delivered a real gem even in this beta version. The final product will no doubt be one of the best FSX freewares of the next year of more.
:salute::ernae:

italoc
November 30th, 2010, 07:03
Just picked this up this morning and tested it. Very nice! Lot of improvements and it now has wing views from the VC. It's got a new soundset that is very nice.

Many thanks for the Dev team of this model. They have delivered a real gem even in this beta version. The final product will no doubt be one of the best FSX freewares of the next year of more.
Agree 100% :jump:
Waiting for final version
Very nice indeed
Thanks to the team
Italo

ZsoltB
November 30th, 2010, 09:30
Thank you!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8111/20101130201711156.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/i/20101130201711156.jpg/)

Regards,

Zsolt

harrybasset
November 30th, 2010, 10:02
My AVG virus checker is very upset with this download. It reports IRCbots.

swimeye
November 30th, 2010, 10:26
Yes same her with AVG, I guess it is safe since the others has successfully installed it, but it still makes me uneasy.

Bjoern
November 30th, 2010, 10:28
An IRC bot is a set of scripts or an independent program that connects to Internet Relay Chat as a client.

Thanks for reminding me about the fun times I've had in IRC a few years ago. I've really loveed having Fishbot and a quiz bot in the channels I frequented. :d

sparouty
November 30th, 2010, 10:34
My AVG virus checker is very upset with this download. It reports IRCbots.

Hi!
Yes it seems that AVG is very "upset" with these last packages. We checked the files with other virus scanner (Antivir, Avast, Spy Hunte, Internet Security, TrendMicro, MS Essential, Kaspersky)
After installation AVG doesn't "shout" anymore... may he doesn't like auto install program??
I'm sorry but I don't really have any fix to this...

zsoltquack: Beware of the wind!! With the next release the canopy would have been blasted out with such a wind on the deck (lol) Instead od ompening the canopy you should open the security and fuel doors using Shift+3... :icon_lol:

Regards
Sylvain

ZsoltB
November 30th, 2010, 10:56
Hello,

The Drag Chute switch
Which way to switch it to work?

Zsolt

sparouty
November 30th, 2010, 11:08
Hello,

The Drag Chute switch
Which way to switch it to work?

Zsolt

Hi,
Under the clock, open the cover and set the switch on "ARME" position.
The drag chute is opening when you set full flaps.

You have some restriction : you need to be on the ground and speed up 90knts.
The dragchute automatically dropped when speed is up to 150knts or less than 40knts.

Regards,
S.

oldpropfan
November 30th, 2010, 21:07
Merci Sylvain for clearing this up for me, off to download now and thanks again for the great work:salute:.

Al

ZsoltB
November 30th, 2010, 21:55
Hi,
Under the clock, open the cover and set the switch on "ARME" position.
The drag chute is opening when you set full flaps.

You have some restriction : you need to be on the ground and speed up 90knts.
The dragchute automatically dropped when speed is up to 150knts or less than 40knts.

Regards,
S.

Bonjour Sylvain,

Unfortunately, it does not open the Drag Chute!
What is blocking?

Regards,

Zsolt

sparouty
November 30th, 2010, 22:19
Bonjour Sylvain,

Unfortunately, it does not open the Drag Chute!
What is blocking?

Regards,

Zsolt

Hi Zslot,

I don't really know what may happened... Do you use a shortcut or joystick button to set full flaps?
I'm not sure that flap vc lever allows you to set full flaps.
To be clear, when I'm saying "full flaps" I'm speaking about the FSX flaps variable not the 3D plane flaps.
The drag chute uses a 4th and invisible position of FS flaps and the flap lever only manage the 3 first flaps position (0 - half - full of 3D visible flaps)...

Let me know if it helps you?
Regards
S.

ZsoltB
November 30th, 2010, 23:38
Unfortunately, nothing changed
The flaps in the 3D cockpit, completely laid out, but nothing 24538

ZsoltB
December 1st, 2010, 00:54
Work!

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8876/chute.jpg (http://img442.imageshack.us/i/chute.jpg/)

sparouty
January 4th, 2011, 10:51
Hi everbody and happy new year!!
Here is two screenshots of what is going to be released into 2011!!

There's still some work to be done, mainly into the VC, but it's going on nicely...
27191 27190
In case of one's 'd wonder, for the moment I don't have planned to work on the modernized version of this Entendard IVP (a major rework of the VC) so no camo livery is yet planned...

Regards,
Sylvain

deathfromafar
January 4th, 2011, 11:34
Hi everbody and happy new year!!
Here is two screenshots of what is going to be released into 2011!!

There's still some work to be done, mainly into the VC, but it's going on nicely...
27191 27190
In case of one's 'd wonder, for the moment I don't have planned to work on the modernized version of this Entendard IVP (a major rework of the VC) so no camo livery is yet planned...

Regards,
Sylvain

Looks incredibly good Sylvain! Coincidentally, I was looking at IVP photos just last night. I am looking forward to this version as well as the follow up IVM versions later. I'm still enjoying the Beta IVM a lot. It is such a good model, I fly it more than any other FSX Naval Aircraft now!

calypsos
January 5th, 2011, 00:19
Is there a way to remove the wing tanks from this wonderful aircraft?

peter12213
January 5th, 2011, 08:07
That looks awesome!

sparouty
January 5th, 2011, 14:48
Is there a way to remove the wing tanks from this wonderful aircraft?

Hi,
A clean configuration will be included (for both IVM and IVP) and also a 2 tanks+2 rocket pods (IVM only) and a refueling pod (both IVM and IVP).

We had worked hardly on the multiplayer aspect and some nice air refueling flight will be possible : one player fliying the "Nounou" tanker and other players the thirsty boys (lol)
In this case all the fuel transfers are simulated :icon_lol:

Regards,
Sylvain

sparouty
February 6th, 2011, 14:45
Hi,
Just a quick post to share with you my current paint work: the camo IVP livery!
Even if Etendard IVP wearing this camo paint scheme were mainly the modernized ones (with a complete rebuild cockpit), I decided to add this paint scheme in my coming package...
Some "master of weathering" repainter will have a lot of work with this one because she has important operational activities with these colors :salute:

Regards,
Sylvain
PS : it is a 3DSmax screenshot

delta_lima
February 6th, 2011, 20:07
YES - the RECCE Version!!!!

I am so thrilled - looking forward to it. The M has been superb so far.

Many kind thanks,

Daniel

peter12213
February 6th, 2011, 20:37
Me too, for me apart from the super, but the IVP is the best looking please put an Exorcet under the wing thats what the Blade is for isn't it?

ZsoltB
February 6th, 2011, 23:52
Great!

Paintkit will be available?

Regards,

Zsolt

merida72
February 7th, 2011, 10:18
I remember seeing one in a hangar at Gioia del Colle, hit by a missile during the war in the Balkans ... landing without incident ... but the tail to shreds

sparouty
February 7th, 2011, 11:07
I remember seeing one in a hangar at Gioia del Colle, hit by a missile during the war in the Balkans ... landing without incident ... but the tail to shreds

You're right, another one succeeded in doing a carrier landing with the flaps blocked and throttle freezed (fearing that the engine definitely died...)
This is amazing!! How could he trapped on the Clemenceau??
Here is the video (don't mind the title referering to a "Super Etendard", who's in fact a ETD IVPM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umYjVBQYKno (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umYjVBQYKno)

Regarding the paint kit I will try to work on my psd files as soon as my painting work will be finished...
It will be certainly a separate package because files are quite big... (I love using layers...:icon_lol:)

Last, Peter12213, I'm sorry but for a Exocet, you'll have to wait for Super Etendard : no Etendard were capable to fire Exocet...

Regards,
Sylvain

peter12213
February 7th, 2011, 11:19
Ahh I see my mistake, I always thought that the IVP could carry and launch the exorcet, I though that was what the blade was for under the nose, must have got things mixed up in my head lol!

delta_lima
February 7th, 2011, 13:07
Peter,

You do know the IVP version is the photorecce version, right?

Awesome video. That may not have been a "Super Entedard" landing, but in my view, with all that damage, it was a "super landing by an Etendard!" :)

Looking forward to the Super. Sylvain, are you doing to do the SE, the SEM, or both?

I took a while to get to this model - but it is now hands down my favourite freeware military aircraft. So wonderful - thanks,

dl

merida72
February 7th, 2011, 13:35
You're right, another one succeeded in doing a carrier landing with the flaps blocked and throttle freezed (fearing that the engine definitely died...)
This is amazing!! How could he trapped on the Clemenceau??
Here is the video (don't mind the title referering to a "Super Etendard", who's in fact a ETD IVPM)

Regarding the paint kit I will try to work on my psd files as soon as my painting work will be finished...
It will be certainly a separate package because files are quite big... (I love using layers...:icon_lol:)

Last, Peter12213, I'm sorry but for a Exocet, you'll have to wait for Super Etendard : no Etendard were capable to fire Exocet...

Regards,
Sylvain

I know this video, what I saw the tail was really really pricked :wavey:

sparouty
February 7th, 2011, 13:49
Looking forward to the Super. Sylvain, are you doing to do the SE, the SEM, or both?

Hi Delta_Lima,
Honestly, at this moment I really don't know when I will start Super-Etendard project... The Etendard project is now "finishing", and I made much more feature than I expected firstly, so I need a short break after that, fixing the Clemenceau issues and modeling her sistership, Foch circa 70's.
Super-Etendard (SUé) and SEM are not so different from the external model point of view but VC are really deeply different...
To be honest, I'm a little confused, I really love the SEM, but in another hand, in the team, the two former navy pilots that we (luckily) have were not qualified on SUé (or SEM) but on another great famous plane... something more "US made" used by the French navy for years... Do you see which plane I'm thinking about?? :cool:
I stop talking now because I'm speaking too much!! lol

Regards,
Sylvain

delta_lima
February 7th, 2011, 14:41
Hi Delta_Lima,
Honestly, at this moment I really don't know when I will start Super-Etendard project... The Etendard project is now "finishing", and I made much more feature than I expected firstly, so I need a short break after that, fixing the Clemenceau issues and modeling her sistership, Foch circa 70's.
Super-Etendard (SUé) and SEM are not so different from the external model point of view but VC are really deeply different...
To be honest, I'm a little confused, I really love the SEM, but in another hand, in the team, the two former navy pilots that we (luckily) have were not qualified on SUé (or SEM) but on another great famous plane... something more "US made" used by the French navy for years... Do you see which plane I'm thinking about?? :cool:
I stop talking now because I'm speaking too much!! lol

Regards,
Sylvain

Bon soir Sylvain,

Well, far be it from me to push - all the projects you are working, from the final steps of the IVM/P, the carriers - all are wonderful, and will happily wait. As to SE versus SEM - you're right a lot to contemplate before then. I'd be partial to the original SE, but again, we're blessed with whatever you choose to do.

As to the future, theoretically, that could mean

Hellcat - already a payware
Corsair - already a similar version to the F4U-7 in both payware and freeware
Hawkeye - hmmm .... I'm thinking that's not quite in the fast-jet mould of what your team has focused on (no offense to any E-2 lovers out there) .... so logically, that only leaves ...

... Le Cruz? If you say yes, I'll have a heart attack.

:)

dl

sparouty
February 7th, 2011, 21:20
... Le Cruz? If you say yes, I'll have a heart attack.

mmm... delta_lima please have a seat, as far as nothing has been yet decided, I really don't want to hurt you...
But yes, I'm lucky to have two former Cruz pilots in our team and we're thinking internally about developping full FSX F-8 which is one of my favorite airplane...:jump:

regards
Sylvain

SADT
February 7th, 2011, 21:44
Still Sparouty, a Super-Etendard would be an awesome follow-on to the Etendard! :ernae:

delta_lima
February 8th, 2011, 07:32
No worries Sylvain - I'm just having fun!

You know, this is an situation where any outcome will be awesome - SE or Crusader. The F-8 holds a special place in my heart, since I had a chance to work on Alphasim's model with Carl. It was a joy to help with what was historically my favourite naval jet. So, the prospect or possibility of an FSX version is very exciting.

That said, since there is a reasonably decent FSX Crusader by Roland Laborie (and the old Alphasim still works ok), I can see SADT's point about the SE being a great next project. Much as I love the F-8, maybe I'd also hope for the SE too. But, like I mentioned, any way you go, it will be a treat. So, we're happy to wait to see what you'll surprise us with.

Looking forward to the IVP .... I think a nice low-level flight through the Loire Valley looking for Pascal Dumat's fabulous chateau is coming ... :) I hope the folks at Chambord, Chenonceux, Cheverny, and Villandry don't have the shutters closed tightly ... :)

btw - for those who don't know, here is what I think is the nicest chateau/castle type scenery on the whole of the European continent in FSX ... http://www.virtualcorsair.fr/sites/sites_francais.htm (scroll down approx 1/3 page) How someone can make scenery that beautiful, to run with no frame rate hit, is astounding.

Anyway - here's to a great project. thanks for the piquing our curiosity!

dl

merida72
February 8th, 2011, 09:27
"On the 17 december 1994 Lieutenant de vaisseau Demeneix is flying its 15° mission over Bosnia, flying over Donij-Vakuf he is hit by a sam, he went back to Italia and landed at Gioia del Colle without flaps."

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?129481-Aircraft-Carriers-Intensive-PIX!!/page185