PDA

View Full Version : Orbx is pleased to announce the release of KORS Orcas Island Airport

JayKae
November 29th, 2010, 09:50
A Classic is Reborn. The Orbx duo of Andreas Hegi and Heiko Glatthorn respectfully pay homage to one of the most memorable airfields ever to grace FS2004. This version faithfully recaptures the spirit and charm of the Orcas Island we all remember and love, but also dials up the details and definition to 11, providing the most spectacular version yet. Discover not only the airport as it appears today, but explore the entire island, with resorts, old watchtowers, animated birdlife and orcas, keen fishermen, boating and much more. This is truly a wondrous island to add to your Orbx collection!
* Ground imagery at 15/30cm per pixel
* Beautifully modeled airport and village
* FSX gmax poly runway, aprons and lights
* Spectacular setting in the San Juan Islands
* Includes a large coverage of photoreal area
* Accurate watermasks for the shores & rivers
* Actual onsite photos taken by Orbx staff
* TextureFlow optimised and excellent FPS
* Includes custom GA AI Traffic movements
* Includes many POIs across Orcas Island
* Expertly seasonally color matched
* Made by the YHBA/1S2/3W5 team!
More information at http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1489

Naki
December 1st, 2010, 18:52
I'm itching to buy another addon and its toss up between this and the Warbirdsim Mustang (I will probably get both eventually but can only make one purchase before Christmas).

My system is marginal for some of the detailed scenery (AMD 4400 dual core, 9800 1GB GPU, 3 gig RAM)..I can run Orbx Concrete fine at mid to low Autogen and AI with all the other sliders near to the right..I dont want to crank my details down any further to run the scenery as that sort of defeats the purpose of buying it. Can anybody with Orbx Concrete compare the FPS with the Orbx Orcas scenery with say the default 172 on the tarmac? Not very scientific, I know but I dont want to waste money on something that is dificult to run on my PC (made that mistake too many times in the past). Thanks.:mixedsmi:

Mithrin
December 2nd, 2010, 00:54
It's a wonderful product and it gets better as quite a few of the freeware OzX strips are also in that area. A must have for me. Now we just need an airport further up north to connect everything.

calypsos
December 2nd, 2010, 02:05
What is really needed is a native FSX version of the Portland area that took FS2004 into another league. It is the only place I can now use in FS9, as the lack of details elsewhere (compared to FSX) make it rather flat and empty.