PDA

View Full Version : solution for good fsx frame rates!

clmooring
November 28th, 2010, 19:08
I have been playing at flightsim for 20 years. And for almost everyone one of those years I have been fighting the frame rate curve; always buying a computer just before the next version of fs and the need for more hardware.

well for fsx, I think I have found the solution. that is fly frame rate friendly add-ons like lotussim's L39 and Ant's Tecnam 2002 (even the xp 530 version). they are great looking and fly great; even with my sliders way up. Other good performers are eaglesoft's piper twin commanche and lionheart's epics.

I am sure there are other quality add-ons with good frame rates. Any suggestions?

heywooood
November 28th, 2010, 20:44
carenado

Dexdoggy
November 29th, 2010, 12:02
Yeh, like Heywood said, Carenado always seem to be great! Can't go past the two you have nominated; also anything of "Mr Tim Piglet Conrad" pedigree! I love my Aerosoft Catalina but she is a frame-hog, but their Beaver and Twotter are quite good!

clmooring
November 29th, 2010, 15:10
I have been debating the v35.... but I have really been waiting for the commander. Unfortunately, I dont see much progress on that model. At least they havent posted any new pictures yet.

I have decided to start calling models like the L39 and the tecnam HFF...... Hyper Frame Friendly :icon_lol:

JIMJAM
November 29th, 2010, 15:53
I have sworn off any plane or heli with mfd glass displays. The Aerosoft F-16 seems to be a exception to that rule but I have always ran fairly new and strong machines and any plane with glass displays run horrible at least for me.
Which is fine for me since my favs are old Warbirds and GA planes.

heywooood
November 29th, 2010, 15:58
HFF....I like that.

the Golden Age Simulations Stinson Jr. is definitely one of those, as is Piglets Grumman Tiger...

If you like the Bonanza V-35 v-tail beauty then you must get the Carenado model.

clmooring
November 29th, 2010, 17:15
Jimjam - you may try either of Lionhearts epic lt or victory. They have glass panels but run well on my pc wich is a lowly 2.3ghz dual core.

Heywooood - thanks for the thumbs up HFF.... I think it is pretty descriptive. I will have to see if the commander comes out before I have stashed away enough for my next FSX purchase. If not I will have to try the v35. It certainly looks great. And if it is HFF then what more can one ask for.

icarus
November 29th, 2010, 19:50
our aircrafts have been always the fasters on fs2004 and now on fsx...