PDA

View Full Version : PNW SP3 OUT

pilottj
November 28th, 2010, 11:14
As Aviator32 pointed out in the Orcas I release thread, PNW SP3 is out as well and required for the KORS install :)

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=29342.0

warchild
November 28th, 2010, 11:25
Great idea... Too bad every time i try to log in no matter what i try, i get "username does not exist" even though i've owned the software since practically the day it was released and have managed to log on before and download all the service packs at those times.. This gets frustrating...

Aviator32
November 28th, 2010, 11:46
Great idea... Too bad every time i try to log in no matter what i try, i get "username does not exist" even though i've owned the software since practically the day it was released and have managed to log on before and download all the service packs at those times.. This gets frustrating...

I don't think you need to log on to access this page with all the updates -

http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Ferry_vO
November 28th, 2010, 11:48
Will have to download later, as it's very slow right now. Over two hours for 300 mb.

Thanks for the H/U though! :salute:

wconkle
November 28th, 2010, 15:06
Installed it and now FSX won't load. Darn it.

dougal
November 28th, 2010, 15:33
Installed it and now FSX won't load. Darn it.

"Installation:

Important: Before you install make sure you have FTX Central set to "North America"!

Unzip OrbxFTXNABluePNWPatch003.zip and run OrbxFTXNABluePNWPatch003.exe. It should find the correct location of your FSX installation. Once the installation has completed you should start FTX Central again, click on "Default FSX", then Apply, then click on "North America", then Apply again, and exit. Also, if you haven't installed the current ORBX Libraries (101104) yet, please do so."

warchild
November 28th, 2010, 16:09
awesome.. Thanks Rueben :) :) downloading now..

mmann
November 28th, 2010, 16:23
Man, am I ever glad I didn't release my Vancouver Island Scenery project for Orbx to the general public. Looking at the list of new seaplane bases added in PNW SP3 for Vancouver Island and I can see it would have created and incredibly awful mess with a whole slew of duplicate bases. It will be interesting to see if they have modeled their buildings as accurate as I did though!

Regards, Mike Mann

warchild
November 28th, 2010, 19:31
Just took Sp3 out for a ride.. Thank yu thank you thank you :)....
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-11-28_19-22-42-853.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-11-28_19-5-42-130.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-11-28_19-2-44-982.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-11-28_19-32-5-536.jpg

pilottj
November 28th, 2010, 20:58
looks great Pam,

lol the Northern Rockies will be out in a few days too. :jump:

JAllen
November 30th, 2010, 07:11
Man, am I ever glad I didn't release my Vancouver Island Scenery project for Orbx to the general public. Looking at the list of new seaplane bases added in PNW SP3 for Vancouver Island and I can see it would have created and incredibly awful mess with a whole slew of duplicate bases. It will be interesting to see if they have modeled their buildings as accurate as I did though!

I am so very disappointed in what I found at Victoria Harbor. Orbx team put next to nothing into it. Some docks, static objects and a hideous rendition of a ship far too big to sail the inner harbor. Beyond that, nothing. Guessing they will sell that area to us someday in glorious FTX style.

Jim

Anneke
November 30th, 2010, 07:40

Regards, Mike Mann

This is the second post about your package which you did not release? So what's the deal here?
Perhaps you should show us and it will be interesting to see if you did a better job and if you did upload it.

Regards, Anneke

Holger Sandmann
November 30th, 2010, 07:53
Hi guys,

I am so very disappointed in what I found at Victoria Harbor. Orbx team put next to nothing into it. Some docks, static objects and a hideous rendition of a ship far too big to sail the inner harbor. Beyond that, nothing. Guessing they will sell that area to us someday in glorious FTX style.

Actually, the Victoria area is part of the freeware Victoria Plus package by Jon Patch and yours truly. ORBX didn't want to intrude on that (same with the adjacent Vancouver Plus by FSAddon) because compatibility updates for both add-ons are due out early in the New Year.

Generally speaking it's interesting to watch the exponential increase in expectations for add-ons like these. When the first ORBX Australian regions were released they didn't include any airport enhancements at all and some of the landscape features were quite limited too. Now some people expect custom objects at hundreds of airports and seaplane bases, and probably in cities too ...and all at the same price, of course :icon_lol:

It's all good though because it means that people care. Better this way around than the great collective yawn.

Cheers, Holger

Rockitglider
November 30th, 2010, 08:18
Hi guys,

Actually, the Victoria area is part of the freeware Victoria Plus package by Jon Patch and yours truly. ORBX didn't want to intrude on that (same with the adjacent Vancouver Plus by FSAddon) because compatibility updates for both add-ons are due out early in the New Year.

Generally speaking it's interesting to watch the exponential increase in expectations for add-ons like these. When the first ORBX Australian regions were released they didn't include any airport enhancements at all and some of the landscape features were quite limited too. Now some people expect custom objects at hundreds of airports and seaplane bases, and probably in cities too ...and all at the same price, of course :icon_lol:

It's all good though because it means that people care. Better this way around than the great collective yawn.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger, is it OK to install the freeware Vic+ thats on your site for download? I had removed it during a reinstall of FSX and haven't put it back in yet, just waiting I guess :jump: Oopps, forgot to say I have PNW and PNWFJ installed and now KORS too. Thanks,

See ya, Rockitglider :wavey:

JAllen
November 30th, 2010, 08:45
Thanks Holger, I'll wait until Vic+ is compatible then. I spent a few days at the Empress this summer. The harbor was absolutely fascinating.

Jim

mmann
November 30th, 2010, 14:23
Hello Holger, is it OK to install the freeware Vic+ thats on your site for download? I had removed it during a reinstall of FSX and haven't put it back in yet, just waiting I guess :jump: Oopps, forgot to say I have PNW and PNWFJ installed and now KORS too. Thanks,

See ya, Rockitglider :wavey:
I'm not Holger, but I can tell you that the freeware Victoria+ is not completely compatible with Orbx PNW without some modifications.

This is the second post about your package which you did not release? So what's the deal here?
Perhaps you should show us and it will be interesting to see if you did a better job and if you did upload it.

Regards, Anneke

I can't release the scenery because I have fully integrated it with a much modified Victoria+, modified Ken Peters Qualicum Beach & Nanaimo-Collishaw Airports and modified Don Grovestine Canadian Forces Base Comox & Victoria International Airports.

Regards, Mike Mann