PDA

View Full Version : Post Comments about THANKSGIVEING 2010

beana51
November 28th, 2010, 05:53
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2160/12906442/23585855/393683084.jpg%AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg

Was your family like this?

Cloud9Gal
November 28th, 2010, 06:32
LOL!!
First time seeing that one Vin! I'm saving it for next year!

But to answer your question, no, our family was not like that for Thanksgiving. We sat around the table and each of us took our turn in sharing what we were thankful for this year, then a blessing was said and we started eating.

My niece Riley, who's 6yrs old, said she was thankful for her lungs and her heart. Of course, we were all a bit surprised by her answer, so we asked why are she was thankful for her lungs and her heart. And she simply stated: " Because they allow me to live".
As simple as that, and that coming from a 6 yr old....It was Riley's way to say she was thankful to be alive.

safn1949
November 28th, 2010, 08:39
Most of my family are gone,but I remember dinner at home.My dad was a fabulous cook and made the best dressing.To anyone who is young and with your family....cherish every second of your time with them,you will wake up someday and regret you didn't spend more time loving them.

Cloud9Gal
November 28th, 2010, 08:42
Most of my family are gone,but I remember dinner at home.My dad was a fabulous cook and made the best dressing.To anyone who is young and with your family....cherish every second of your time with them,you will wake up someday and regret you didn't spend more time loving them.

Well said safn1949! There's certainly a lot of truth to that!

beana51
November 28th, 2010, 09:05
Lets get something clear here, and as humble as I am,and in the gentleness manner possible...
"I ARE THE BEST STUFFING MAKER EVER"

We were about 16 of us,All family,Kids,Grand kids,and Yes Great grand kids..the Cry was ,"BRING OUT THE FIRST TURKEY"....this of course followed the day after with an instant reply...Some here may do as we do...from the Bones of the turkey make a huge pot of soup.."TURKEY BONE SOUP"...With noodles,corn bread....or with rice,and garlic bread..Its a tradition ,and real good...
The kids were behaved,table talk encouraged,..always enjoyable...For Ya See ,having All those kids ,for me and my girl,is a taste of heaven to come!!....But I kid you not,read again...Who is the best turkey stuffing make,all timer??..read my Lips!!

........."I ARE TO IT".........

safn1949
November 28th, 2010, 09:18
Well then invite me over and prove it,I never turn down a free meal.And I spent thanksgiving working so I never got any turkey.:jump:

Daveroo
November 28th, 2010, 09:54
mine kinda looked like the cartoon before dinner......my mother was in the kitchen cooking...my father was reading cook books and my sister,her boyfriend and myself were all working with our Iphones....mom came out..said why so quiet?..saw what we were doing and turned the tv on and said ok atleast watch tv and talk to eachother about that....

then at dinner...we all sat down...looked at eachother and said ... GRACE!!! a comenced to fillin our chubby lil cheecks..........