PDA

View Full Version : OT: Help me to save the radial engines!

flyingfarmer
November 28th, 2010, 01:58
Hi guys,

this one is really off topic, but for me it's the best place to ask. It's the following:

I'm from Germany, so not native English speaker and for school I've to design some kind of flyer to attract people to help in an invented walfare organiation.
Having the flightsim and airplanes like the P-47, B-17, Black Widow, DC-3 and others in my mind, I named my "fund":

Save the Radials!

Keep history flyin'

Why do I need you?
I have to make up some catchy phrases and small texts to fit in the presentation of my projekt, something that warmes the hearts of people and brings tears to their eyes! The readers have to feel, that THEIR help is really needed. :salute: :USA-flag:

Maybe you could help me and provide me with some phrases and slogans, why historic aviations needs to be kept flying?

THANKS! Max

Milton Shupe
November 28th, 2010, 04:52
"For the fathers, sons, and brothers who did not come home ..."

"... and especially for those who did come home."

"Lest we forget"

"For those who died, and those who remember ... "

"For loved ones lost, and memories that last"

"Some brought tears but many brought smiles"

"Let's not forget the sacrifices, the heroes, nor the destruction ... "

"My grandfather flew one of these in the war ... "

"What did they sound like ... "

"Can you imagine life without Radials?!"

"One day soon, no one alive will have lived in that time"

Here are a few that come to mind; hope there is something useful.

JoeW
November 28th, 2010, 05:32
Someone over in Naples has a Beach D-18. They fly over Lake Placid every once in a while.When they do, I go running outside like a kid .. lookin' .........
The sound of radials are just unmistakable.

stiz
November 28th, 2010, 09:29
"for them, for us" ?

flyingfarmer
November 29th, 2010, 07:49
Thanks guys, nice ones so far! :salute: Greatly appreciated!

I'll see what I can use. ;-)

Max

beana51
November 29th, 2010, 09:16
Hi Flying Farmer..great name,we have a Cub pilot with that name who does air shows!!.The sounds of the Golden age of Aviation were almost,and always the Rumbling, vibrating,Coughing,shaking, oil leaking ,conglomeration of metal grinding on hot metal pushing and belching fire and smoke!..with sounds rather felt and not heard..An Open Cockpit ,pilot knew the Health of his radial by the vibrations in the seat of his pants,and the oil on his face...The Radial engine represents History,weather in peace or war...The Radials were sounds of joy or terror..... I think with the emphases and focus is its history. A visual teaching aid can be a film and showing and hearing the sounds of a Radial,working! This may achieve what you are aiming for!..Education!!Tell and show,the way to go! Some great plane's with these engines are on our Sim ...Good Luck!..Vin :wavey: