PDA

View Full Version : FsX Configurator

Roger
November 27th, 2010, 16:39
Well worth a look and free...I'm testing a new FsX.cfg now. It should be good it's from Jesus Bojote!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/318918-automated-tweaking-and-tuning-tool-for-fsx/

Roger
November 27th, 2010, 18:35
Results excellent. At last I don't get short term freeze-ups and my FsX stability is best ever.

tracyq144
November 27th, 2010, 19:21
I'm going to try this, and will report back tomorrow, when I am sober. :ernae:

Seems like a great utility, though!

robcap
November 27th, 2010, 23:44
Hi all,

Thanks for the Heads-Up Roger.

This works like a charm, I already see massive improvements.
Better FPS, less blurries, less stutters. And I wasn't even that unhappy with it, hahah!
I have a what one would call a low end systen, Intel Duo Core 2,3GHz, 2 gig ram, GTS8800 512. XP-SP3
This is on a relatively fresh system re-install, with new FSX+accel, NickN's tricks applied, defragged, etc.

I would say, give it a go, no harm done.

still 2 questions:
How to apply an EXTERNAL FPS limiter
How to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing

Best regards,

Rob

CodyValkyrie
November 28th, 2010, 00:05
Jesus recommended it I see. I checked it out, and it applies many tweaks I already apply (AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND). Furthermore, this adds some unique tweaks I was not aware of...

Guys, I would actually recommend this. Furthermore, it allows you to backup your original file.

CodyValkyrie
November 28th, 2010, 00:07
How to apply an EXTERNAL FPS limiter
How to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing

To apply the external FPS limiter, follow the instructions in that come with the limiter tool to create a batch file. You will then run FSX from that batch file from now on.

Transparency Anti-Aliasing is a feature of your video card. The tweak is asking you to turn this off with your video card software, for example in the Nvidia Control Panel, etc.

halvar342
November 28th, 2010, 00:14
I found the link to that configurator in some forums related to the FSX and decided to give it a try. And i have to say with this external frame limiter and the new cfg file the FSx runs more stable. And as i corrected some mistakes with my videocardsettings which i made, i have some more ressources free for more details now. Its a try worth for the most users with no doubt.

Many thanks for that work to Jesus Bojote. Thank you. :salute:

grunau_baby
November 28th, 2010, 01:12
WOW, it works like a charm! I found out that I had it tweked out fairly good allready, but it only needed a few hints to "perfection"! Had to switch off my lightbloom (which I replaced by enbseries again without any performance loss) and reduce my autogendensity one notch (had it to full max, so reducing wasn“t a real loss;-) and violį: fps to unlimited and I get a constant 20-40 fps now, no matter how dense the addon-scenery or how complex the aircraft!

Great service!:jump:
Alex G.

Crusader
November 28th, 2010, 02:13
Stupid question here , I take it this is for those that use NVidia cards only , not ATI ?

Roger
November 28th, 2010, 02:41
Stupid question here , I take it this is for those that use NVidia cards only , not ATI ?

You'll probably notice even more improvement if you have an ATI card.

txnetcop
November 28th, 2010, 02:49
Well Roger I was a skeptic. I was already running my Q9550/GTX260 based system at home at 30fps no tweaks except Affinity Mask (locked) running ORBX PNW at very high settings and thought that was the best it's gonna get and I was happy with it. I decided to go ahead and run the test. Low and behold I have the same very high settings and I can now run unlimited at 55fps the lowest is 49 in Olympia, WA to Renton, WA (which is a huge surprise). I am running with realistic weather and OPEN CLOUDS enabled.

Thanks a bunch my friend. I really have to give a shout out to this fix. I am amazed! Nirvana at last! I will run this on the TechCorp i7 960 today!
Ted

Have to add I was using the A2A Cub with Heidi aboard which is a bit more of drain on FPS than the standard Cessna. Now running the B-17...no difference whatsoever. I am impressed!

hey_moe
November 28th, 2010, 03:01
Nice Roger :ernae:

Ferry_vO
November 28th, 2010, 03:02
Thanks for the heads-up Roger; will definitely give it a try!

:applause:

stansdds
November 28th, 2010, 04:02
This, I gotta try! Just replaced my overclocked dual core E6850 with a quad core Q9650 and already see better FPS and less stuttering, now this? Hold my beer and watch this!

kilo delta
November 28th, 2010, 04:21
Thanks Roger...a timely intervention. My FSX.cfg was tweaked so much I'd broken my sim. I'll give this a shot today. :)

merida72
November 28th, 2010, 04:36
just time to trial

Crusader
November 28th, 2010, 07:07

Thanks Roger for this great find . Works VERY well with an ATI card(4890-1 gig , Win 7 64bit ,
Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R with Q9650 oc'd 3.6 , 4 gigs DDR3

Rich:jump:

Results:Increase FPS with a more fluid , smooth operation .

robcap
November 28th, 2010, 08:24
To apply the external FPS limiter, follow the instructions in that come with the limiter tool to create a batch file. You will then run FSX from that batch file from now on.
Transparency Anti-Aliasing is a feature of your video card. The tweak is asking you to turn this off with your video card software, for example in the Nvidia Control Panel, etc.
Thanks Cody.
I found the external FPS limiter, I'll give it another go, although I saw in the forum the results are diverse, but maybe in combination with this tweek, it might well work.

And it appears the Transperance Anti Aliassing was already off, but thanks for pointing the way.

Best, Rob

Bjoern
November 28th, 2010, 09:45
I've tested that tool not too long ago. It suggested settings totally au contraire with my personal preferences, so I took the odd one or two things that I deemed useful for my setup and disregarded the rest.

Nonetheless a fairly useful tool for those who don't want to tweak FSX manually or want a starting point for further tweaking.

Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R

Great board!

If I hadn't struck that deal on the X48T, I'd have gone for one of those. Would've even enabled me to squeeze out way more in the FSB department.

huub vink
November 28th, 2010, 10:35
Great find Roger, thanks for the HU. It made some changes, but most of the setting were already okay. It should be as I still had double digit framerates and compare with my system even RobCap has a top range system.....

Cheers,
Huub

heywooood
November 28th, 2010, 11:43
[QUOTE=Bjoern;513030]I've tested that tool not too long ago. It suggested settings totally au contraire with my personal preferences, so I took the odd one or two things that I deemed useful for my setup and disregarded the rest.

Nonetheless a fairly useful tool for those who don't want to tweak FSX manually or want a starting point for further tweaking.[QUOTE]

this was my experience also...just borrowed an item or two from the tweaked file and inserted them into my existing one. With good results.

Thanks Jesus

Pips
November 28th, 2010, 16:17
I found the external FPS limiter, I'll give it another go, although I saw in the forum the results are diverse, but maybe in combination with this tweek, it might well work.

Hi Rob, any chance of providing a link for the limiter? Ta. :)

Reddog
November 28th, 2010, 16:38
Where the CFG file is located there is also a fsx.CFG ( text doc) Do u delete that when make changes to the actual CFG or not??

Meshman
November 28th, 2010, 16:42
Where the CFG file is located there is also a fsx.CFG ( text doc) Do u delete that when make changes to the actual CFG or not??

FSX.cfg is just a text document and I would recommend making a copy of that file before making any changes and running FSX.

stansdds
November 28th, 2010, 17:00
I used the recommended cfg file, but not the downgraded graphics settings that were also recommended. More testing is needed, but it looks like I picked up about 4 fps and smoother panning.

Roger
November 28th, 2010, 17:18
FSX.cfg is just a text document and I would recommend making a copy of that file before making any changes and running FSX.

The tune up program makes a back up of every cfg it produces and can be downloaded if required.

MM
November 28th, 2010, 19:57
To get the FPS limiter, use Google search "fps limiter 0.2 download" for a number of sites. Using an "unlimited" setting in FSX in combination with the external FPS-limiter seems to work well for many people. (Though not all.)

Jesus has been working these tweaks for many months now--he's got a pretty good idea of what is happening and his suggestions have attracted a lot of attention. The "FSG Tweaker" is his way to attempt to "automate" the process so that lots of people can take advantage of this hard won knowledge.

One might best take this process as an extensive set of well-tested tweaks--from a truly knowledgeable programmer--rather than as a quick fix.

Much to be recommended. (Though as ever, backup everything before you begin...)

Thanks for the heads-up, Roger.

Pips
November 28th, 2010, 20:50
Hmmm, did a search for the FPS limiter. Seems it's only avalable from rather dubious sites eg Rapidshare and Rapidlibrary, that are historically riddled with adware, spyware etc.

robcap
November 28th, 2010, 21:20
Hi Pips,

more about FPS limiter in this thread
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=46148
Here a zip of what I installed, except the .bat file

Does anyone know what the D3D8, D3D9 or OGL options do?
Seems to work OK though, I now only use D3D8.
Edit: the answer to this question (from the other post) seems to be:
D3D8 = DX8
D3D9 = DX9
OGL = Open GL

Best, Rob

Pips
November 29th, 2010, 00:24
Cheers Rob, appreciate it. :)

n4gix
November 29th, 2010, 11:13

The file named with the .txt extension is an auto-generated file that is created whenever FSX crashes. It was intended to be sent directly to MS/ACES along with some other diagnostic files if the user opted to "Send to Microsoft."

It has absolutely NO OTHER USE whatever... :ernae:

Also, be sure that FSX is not loaded when using this automated tool.

Warrant
November 29th, 2010, 13:03
thanks for the h/u, Roger.

But i had to use the backup FSX.cfg right after i tried the modified one. It totally goofed up my add-on AI from JustFlight.

kimdahl
November 29th, 2010, 13:41
Hi all

I had long ago given up all hope of getting my FSX to run smoothly on my current machine. But this FSX Configurator together with the use of the FPS Limiter has actually given me a boost in both smoothness and FPS :icon_lol:

Now i just have one question: is it possible to combine this with a program like Active Sky Evolution? After loading the weather system, this program normally starts up FSX. How do I make it start up the fsx.exe.limited.bat file instead?

Regards
Kim Dahl

stansdds
November 30th, 2010, 03:44
I put in about three hours of flight time yesterday using the new cfg file. I must say that the whole experience was much smoother and had a higher frame rate average. I've now overclocked my Q9650 and the RAM seems to be happy with a mild overclock as well. I think this will give me the FSX experience I've been wanting ever since FSX was released. :jump:

txnetcop
November 30th, 2010, 04:34
I put in about three hours of flight time yesterday using the new cfg file. I must say that the whole experience was much smoother and had a higher frame rate average. I've now overclocked my Q9650 and the RAM seems to be happy with a mild overclock as well. I think this will give me the FSX experience I've been wanting ever since FSX was released. :jump:

3.8GHz to 4.0GHz is the sweet spot for FSX...nice to hear you got what you aimed for!
Ted

stansdds
November 30th, 2010, 04:42
The wild thing is that this Q9650 didn't actually get any of its TJunc temps up to 60C until I pushed it to 3.8GHz. Maximum core 0 temp is 63C, the other cores are running up to 9C cooler. I would have been satisfied with 3.6GHz, but at that speed core 0 was only 58C. I'm thinking I could push this CPU to 3.9 or even 4.0GHz, but the RAM is happy where it is, 423 MHz with a 2.00 multiplier, and any gains may not be worth the price of having to loosen the RAM timings, currently 4-4-4-12 and 2T.

txnetcop
November 30th, 2010, 04:49
Can you back off the vcore voltage a little and still hit 3.8? I know that the specs say 63C is max but I have had my Q9550 at 4.0 forever and when I run games it hits 63C all the time. It's two years old and shows no sign of wearing down.

stansdds
November 30th, 2010, 04:53
Unfortunately, backing off the VCore results in a core failing Prime95. Vcore in BIOS is 1.34375v, it is registering as 1.31v in CPUID HWMonitor.

robcap
November 30th, 2010, 05:26
Now i just have one question: is it possible to combine this with a program like Active Sky Evolution? After loading the weather system, this program normally starts up FSX. How do I make it start up the fsx.exe.limited.bat file instead?Hi Kim, I just checked, you can start ASE, and let it load.
Then you seperately click the FSX start bat (so not from withing ASE)
The connection is made automaitically.

Does that help?

Best, Rob

txnetcop
November 30th, 2010, 05:32
Unfortunately, backing off the VCore results in a core failing Prime95. Vcore in BIOS is 1.34375v, it is registering as 1.31v in CPUID HWMonitor.

Sorry phone calls...what motherboard do you have? Include ver #

stansdds
November 30th, 2010, 06:39
Sorry phone calls...what motherboard do you have? Include ver #
Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R, version 2.0, F4 BIOS.

kimdahl
November 30th, 2010, 09:48
Hi Kim, I just checked, you can start ASE, and let it load.
Then you seperately click the FSX start bat (so not from withing ASE)
The connection is made automaitically.

Does that help?

Best, Rob

Hi Rob

Thank you for the answer. I had just hoped that there was a way to integrate the process, so that ASE would activate the .bat file.

Regards
Kim

Bjoern
November 30th, 2010, 10:38
But i had to use the backup FSX.cfg right after i tried the modified one. It totally goofed up my add-on AI from JustFlight.

If TrafficX's aircraft are stored in a folder other than FSX's default ones, Bojote's tool most probably forget the path to the AI aircrafts' folder in the new FSX.cfg.

4-4-4-12

If T(RD) reads anything below 7 as a value, I'll start drooling. :d

P.S:
You people with your high multiplier CPUs...

I need to kick my Q9450 up WITH LOTS OF FSB SPEED instead of just going up a bit and letting the multi do the rest. ;P

res non verba
December 1st, 2010, 13:03
a stupid question... but where i find the fsx.cfg... i don't have it in my fsx folder!!!

thanks

:ernae:

Bjoern
December 1st, 2010, 13:05
a stupid question... but where i find the fsx.cfg... i don't have it in my fsx folder!!!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fsx.cfg+location

;) :icon_lol:

res non verba
December 1st, 2010, 13:35
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fsx.cfg+location

;) :icon_lol:

thanks, but... nojoy!

the only file i have that somehow resembles what could be a fsx.cfg is a settings.cfg in

c:\users\(my windows user name)\documents\flight simulator x files\...
i'm using vista and don't have any folder named Application Data...

thanks

mfitch
December 1st, 2010, 13:47
thanks, but... nojoy!

the only file i have that somehow resembles what could be a fsx.cfg is a settings.cfg in

The AppData (Vista name for the folder) is a hidden folder. Go to Users\[your user name] then select "Folder and Search Options" from the Organize menu. Select the View tab in the dialog. Then check "Show hidden files and folders." When you look now,the AppData folder will be visible.

scottmm73
December 1st, 2010, 13:55
thanks, but... nojoy!

c:\users\(my windows user name)\documents\flight simulator x files\...
i'm using vista and don't have any folder named Application Data...

thanks

Have you enabled 'Show hidden files and folders'? I would guess not.

My Computer/Tools/Folder Options/View/Select 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives'

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial130.html

res non verba
December 1st, 2010, 14:04
thanks!!! :salute:

now i found it... it was the show hidden files and folders option :wiggle:

in vista is in...

c:\users\(user name)\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx\fsx.cfg

thanks again!

icarus
December 4th, 2010, 04:40

unfortunately not for my three computers all with ati card...they have all very twekaed version of the fsx.cfg, after have modified as suggested the fsx.cg it degraded my performance about 6-7/fps so i have deleted the new fsx.cfg on the three system and back to old ones...seems i was so good to tweak that i don't need this new one .

i have also noted poor performance on graphic with new ones...coming back to my original fsx.cfg also graphic back at normal...probably it don't like ati card or who knows what...each person has a different configuration...i have three different ones with three different ati card and no success...i had 30/fps so i have tried only to check...i am satisfied with actual fps no blurries etc, it was just a try

stansdds
December 4th, 2010, 13:03
I've messed with my FSX settings for two days now and what am I finding? This new configurator thing got me pretty close to getting everything out of my computer that I can. It isn't perfect, but it does get close. I'm also finding that my 8800GT is probably holding me back. Looking at the CPU graphs in the Windows performance monitor I see core 0 runs at 20-30%, core 1, 2, and 3 peak at 50%, yet my fps is still jumpy, so either my motherboard and RAM are really poor, or the video card is just not able to keep up. Such is life, the never ending race to gain a few more fps.

stansdds
December 4th, 2010, 17:13
Additional observation: Running FSX in normal mode, unlimited FPS or FPS limited within FSX results in core 0 running at no more than 20%, but cores 1, 2, and 3 peg 100%. I guess the external FPS limiter throttles the system sufficiently so that the CPU is not stressed. Interesting.

Frequent Flyer
December 5th, 2010, 01:23
Looks like a neat tool, but I'm a little confused with the technical info I must enter. I'll appreciate any help :)

I have an Intel Core2 Quad CPU, Q9300 @ 2.50GHz. My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT.

How many 'CPUs/Threads' show in task manager? - In the task manager, in the performance tab, it shows ~735 threads (under 'totals'). This doesn't seem the number the tool is looking for. What should I enter?
How do I know if hyperthreading is active?
My Video Card is (as mentioned above) a NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT - from the 8 series if I'm not mistaken. Should I insert I don't Know in the video card category?

Thanks alot!

stansdds
December 5th, 2010, 03:41
Looks like a neat tool, but I'm a little confused with the technical info I must enter. I'll appreciate any help :)

I have an Intel Core2 Quad CPU, Q9300 @ 2.50GHz. My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT.

How many 'CPUs/Threads' show in task manager? - In the task manager, in the performance tab, it shows ~735 threads (under 'totals'). This doesn't seem the number the tool is looking for. What should I enter?
How do I know if hyperthreading is active?
My Video Card is (as mentioned above) a NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT - from the 8 series if I'm not mistaken. Should I insert I don't Know in the video card category?

Thanks alot!
You have 4 CPU's, that's the number they want. Those who have hyperthreading turned on will show twice the number of processors, but they are virtual processors, not physical cores.

Odds are you don't have hyperthreading turned on. If the graphs in the task manager show only 4 CPU graphs, it is turned "off".

Use GeForce 9 series card selection, once you send a copy of your FSX.cfg file, they will know exactly what card you have.

Frequent Flyer
December 5th, 2010, 05:10
You have 4 CPU's, that's the number they want. Those who have hyperthreading turned on will show twice the number of processors, but they are virtual processors, not physical cores.

Odds are you don't have hyperthreading turned on. If the graphs in the task manager show only 4 CPU graphs, it is turned "off".

Use GeForce 9 series card selection, once you send a copy of your FSX.cfg file, they will know exactly what card you have.

Thank you very much!!!

robcap
December 5th, 2010, 13:07
Just want to add, that after a number of flights, I continue to be amazed at what this util achieved.
Just wonderfull!
I'd love to see this on a high-end machine, that would be super. But since I don't have that, I'm happy with what I have now, especially after the tweak.

Best, Rob

tracyq144
December 5th, 2010, 14:09
Err, once one has sent the info, and received the reply page (with the changes and suggestions), is that it? What I mean is, have those changes been applied to the user's fsx.cfg, or do you have to do something else (disregarding the external limiter or the in game changes suggested)?

I know that after I ran utility, my experience was much smoother, and I don't think it was a placebo effect, but...?

Roger
December 5th, 2010, 14:12
Err, once one has sent the info, and received the reply page (with the changes and suggestions), is that it? What I mean is, have those changes been applied to the user's fsx.cfg, or do you have to do something else (disregarding the external limiter or the in game changes suggested)?

I know that after I ran utility, my experience was much smoother, and I don't think it was a placebo effect, but...?

You'll notice a "download" button on that results page. Download it and place it in the folder where your FsX.cfg sits.

tracyq144
December 5th, 2010, 14:53
You'll notice a "download" button on that results page. Download it and place it in the folder where your FsX.cfg sits.

Ah, thank you! Placebo=1, Tracy=0

:)

modelr
December 6th, 2010, 10:06
For ATI vid cards it says to use equivilant NVidia card. Where do we find an equivilancy list???

I have a 4800 series card.

mfitch
December 7th, 2010, 19:24
After a bit of experimentation I think I managed to get some improvement. The provided fsx.cfg was unusable. One of the options created flickering ground textures (off/on). Also I wanted the highest quality water which my machine can handle. By adding each option one at a time I found that only one of the changes was involved. In heavy scenery areas (e.g., UTX Alaska in Anchorage), I can still get about 15 fps reported by Fraps. Over water (carrier operations) I could get nearly 50 fps. This is pretty good considering I am using Nvidia 3D which requires not quite twice the processing for a fixed fps (15 fps reported is 30 fps in the eyes of the external fps limiter).

Bjoern
December 8th, 2010, 08:40
I have a 4800 series card.

Geforce 9 series.

strykerpsg
December 12th, 2010, 13:46
OK, I must be a total tool for not figuring out how to do this. I found my FSX.cfg file but what do I do next?

Matt

strykerpsg
December 13th, 2010, 13:56
OK, I must be a total tool for not figuring out how to do this. I found my FSX.cfg file but what do I do next?

Matt
Sharpened my tool senses and figured it out. I will defintely be donating to continue their work. It is fantastic!

Matt

tracyq144
December 27th, 2010, 15:36
I'm going to try this, and will report back tomorrow, when I am sober. :ernae:

Seems like a great utility, though!

Well! I finally sobered up (:)), and it does indeed work like advertised!

Really. I have a slow system:

G50VT-X1 Specifications
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHz
Windows Vista OS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP1
Hard Drive 320GB (7200RPM)
Screen Size 15.6" HD (1366x768)
RAM 4GB DDR2 667Mhz
Optical Drive DVD SuperMulti with Light Scribe
Direct Disc Labeling Yes
Graphics Card NVIDIA 9800M GS with 512MB GDDR3 VRAM

yet performance is MUCH smoother after doing this tweak. Much smoother!

I was having trouble even at Vashon, but after applying this, no troubles at all.

One question, I left the default external limiter value at 30, but given that I have never seen a framerate above 20, even with these two utilities, should I lower it, and would it help?

Oh, I was going to suggest that this be made a "sticky", but I see I have been beaten to the punch, LOL!

TeiscoDelRay
January 8th, 2011, 20:56
I tried the frame rate limiter from the link on the configurator page but when I click on its app icon a small dos like black box comes up and quickly is gone again. Any ideas why or how to fix?

stansdds
January 9th, 2011, 04:03
I tried the frame rate limiter from the link on the configurator page but when I click on its app icon a small dos like black box comes up and quickly is gone again. Any ideas why or how to fix?

Don't double click the executable labeled "FPS_LIMITER". You want to double click the MS DOS batch file executable named "fsx.exe.limited".

TeiscoDelRay
January 9th, 2011, 07:03
Thanks but there is no file by that name in my folder. My readme is also not in english.

TeiscoDelRay
January 9th, 2011, 07:12
Ok it seems you have to create a batch file. I dont know how to do this so could someone send me their correct batch file for fsx?
I will pm email address.

Roger
January 9th, 2011, 07:16
Someone sending the .bat file to you won't work. Here's the readme in English:

History:
--------
Version 0.2, 11/15/2007
-----------------------
- New command line switch to set the desired fps (/f:x), default is 30
- New command line switch to enable or disable logging (/l:ON|OFF), default is OFF
- New ingame keys to change the desired fps (F10 decrease / F11 increase)
- New ingame fps display, show or hide with F12, command line switch is /x:ON|OFF, default is OFF
Version 0.1b, 11/13/2007
-----------------------
- Fixed Bug in D3D9 Hook
- Fixed Bug in D3D8 Hook

Version 0.1, 11/12/2007
-----------------------
Run FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar and click SEARCH EXECUTABLE
browse for and select FSX.exe
set frame limit to 30 under MAXIMUM FPS
Click CREATE BAT
Once complete close the interface and use the created file fsx.exe.limited.bat to start FSX (double click it)
set frame lock to UNLIMTED in FSX and use the AG slider to tune

You MUST have JAVA installed to use that interface
Now here is the deal... this attacks the UNLIMITED FRAME LOCK problem related to Vsync introduced by Aces in SP1/SP2. Instead of tuning the FRAME LOCK you will tune the AUTOGEN slider for smooth results where you are flying. Leave the FSX frame lock slider at UNLIMITED at all times.
You can fine tune this app as well...
I found 30 was the sweet spot for all occasions. I would suggest no less than 24 and no more than 30 but start with 30.

FSX must always be started by clicking the created command line BAT file.. NOT the FSX desktop icon

TeiscoDelRay
January 9th, 2011, 07:47
Thanks Roger but nothing happens when I click that jar file. Does it really help that much, starting to wonder if this tweak is really worth the trouble, lol.

atf300
January 9th, 2011, 09:19
Thanks Roger but nothing happens when I click that jar file. Does it really help that much, starting to wonder if this tweak is really worth the trouble, lol.

do you have java installed ?

TeiscoDelRay
January 9th, 2011, 13:00
Just what came with win 7. I must have the latest java because the national weather service radar works and that requires the latest version.

atf300
January 10th, 2011, 05:51
go to suns webpage and install the new java thingy , that will help to run the applet .

OleBoy
May 2nd, 2011, 06:27
Well worth a look and free...I'm testing a new FsX.cfg now. It should be good it's from Jesus Bojote!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/318918-automated-tweaking-and-tuning-tool-for-fsx/

Thanks for this, Roger
.......Jesus Bojote, I LIKE THIS!!

(K.I.S.S) Keep It Simple Stupid = My way of life! Now FSX is :jawdrop: :ernae:

The frame rate limiter is a thorn in my shoe :rocket: