PDA

View Full Version : Alien Font

Lionheart
November 27th, 2010, 13:22
So, there was this drone, or two drones, said to be floating all around this area in Northern California. Several people in a span of time photographed this thing(s) with various camera's from phone cameras to expensive camera's with zoom lenses. The drone, as it turns out, has all these writings on it, like its a billboard.

Of course, all the photos and reports are called a hoax, but oddly, the thing has a cult like following, now called the Caret Drone hoax or the like.

As it turns out, a large group at a famous University did a study on the font and a man surfaced with these pictures of what appear to be star charts with the same writing. He then oddly disappears. Next, they find that the famous abduction of Barny and Betty Hill who drew out star charts and fonts from hypnosis, have matching letters in the alien fonts they had seen.

So, years later, Alienware Computers (now owned by Dell) have copyrighted a version of the famed Caret font, also called the Issac Caret font.

My being into this sort of thing, experimented and hunted for a way to create a font from it, as the ones online that people had done were useless and didnt make sense, half working, etc. I finally found an online site and was able to upload the font and have it created into a TTF font file (works in Apple and Windows) for the small sum of $10.00.

I was playing around with the font today, did a little version of what the star charts 'sort of' look like.

Its a very interesting font. There are tons of symbols, perhaps 50% more of our own alphabet, and looks very streamlined, sharing curves and angles, making it very artistic.

Be it fiction or maybe even real, it is a cool looking font. Something for scifi addicts like myself to be into... lol..

Lionheart
November 27th, 2010, 13:24
For those interested, here are the original pics of some of the many Caret art and photos that have surfaced.

I have uploaded the TTF file also if you want to check it out. Its nothing big. I worked alot with trying to get the letters to appear similar to matching English letters, so the glyphs could be semi ledgible. If you hand write it, its pretty much readable when you get used to it.

James
November 27th, 2010, 13:43
It looks like the Star Wars font to me...a good example of it is in Episode 4: A New Hope-the scene when Obi-Wan kenobi has to shut down power to the tractor beam. It looks very similar. IMHO.

kilo delta
November 27th, 2010, 13:53
I still have a placard here from my old Alienware mALX laptop that features this font. It was available on all new build Alienware systems for a short while afaik.

Lionheart
November 27th, 2010, 14:01
It looks like the Star Wars font to me...a good example of it is in Episode 4: A New Hope-the scene when Obi-Wan kenobi has to shut down power to the tractor beam. It looks very similar. IMHO.

I know the font you are talking about. I have a few shots of it. I dont have the TTF file though.

This is it, the font on the bottom.

Naboo has a different font as well, if I am correct. Uses alot of circles and half circles. The pilots names on the sides of the yellow and chrome Naboo fighters have that font. Looks a bit like crop circles. Besh SW font is the font from Corescant, the Emperial home world.

Cazzie
November 27th, 2010, 14:13
Thanks Bill, I'm a Font Freak! :jump:

Caz

TARPSBird
November 27th, 2010, 17:26
Bill, I'd be interested in knowing where you got the lettering made into a TTF font set. I'd like to do a set of railroad streamliner lettering that nobody has yet made. Can you PM me or post the link here?

b52bob
November 27th, 2010, 19:44
oh goody! Something to put on the back of my Area 51 pass

Willy
November 27th, 2010, 20:14
Bill, years ago I had a Klingon font that looked similar to some of that. But that was a couple of comps ago.

pilottj
November 27th, 2010, 20:37
very cool looking font Bill, looks very Katakana ish...Japanese writing used for foreign based words.

Cheers
TJ

Lionheart
November 27th, 2010, 21:50
very cool looking font Bill, looks very Katakana ish...Japanese writing used for foreign based words.

Cheers
TJ

Hey TJ,

It does indeed. The team that worked on deciphering the font discovered that exact same thing, almost identical glyphs.

Lionheart
November 27th, 2010, 21:56
Bill, I'd be interested in knowing where you got the lettering made into a TTF font set. I'd like to do a set of railroad streamliner lettering that nobody has yet made. Can you PM me or post the link here?

Hey TB,

Its a place called www.yourfont.com and you download a template, with an optional secondary template for all the foreign word symbols, and fill that in, either through Photoshop or by hand, then save as a PNG or JPG, etc, (not a Bitmap) and if you filled it out by hand, then scan and send it back in, takes about 40 seconds to compile, and then it sends you an online bill of about $10.00 per PayPal, and once that is sent in, you get a download link instantly and you are done. Time to purchase, about 3+ min's including download time, which is seconds, (not a big file).

They give you the chance to sell through their site and they work as a vendor claiming a percentage, if you choose that route.

I will probably do some more through them. So many possibilities.

I have attached the Template. Make sure its not over 6,000 pixels wide, and not over 24 megs big.

EDIT: By the way. When you are filling out your font in these cubes, note that the lowest line is for hang down glyphs, such as small case y. If all of your fonts hang down that low, then they will touch the tops of the next row down. I made that mistake already on my last font before this one. This time, I made a layer in Photoshop, and created set lines to keep the fonts in line, then hid the layer and burned a PNG off of that, and I was good to go.

Bill

Lionheart
November 27th, 2010, 21:59
Bill, years ago I had a Klingon font that looked similar to some of that. But that was a couple of comps ago.

I had that. :d

Love the ole Klingon font. I was one of those wanna-be's that wanted to get that Klingon book, how to speak Klingon-ese, lol...

Willy
November 27th, 2010, 22:12
My son had that book. He kept saying he was going to learn it but I don't think he got more than a couple of pages into it.

Lionheart
November 28th, 2010, 12:24
My son had that book. He kept saying he was going to learn it but I don't think he got more than a couple of pages into it.

I think this is the Klingon font. I do not have the TTF for it. I am sure you can google it and find it online. There are tons of freeware font sites.

Some cool glyphs in that...

Another one I like from Star Trek is the Romulan font. Wooooooo... (druel) Very modular, sort of like a year 3,000 Ancient Aztec heiroglyphics language.

Bill

Lionheart
November 28th, 2010, 12:32
Here is a picture of that drone, one of at least 2 versions of it, that people were photographing.

My thoughts are that if this is real, and the chance does exist that it does, then I think the government has caught one and already disected it. The reason I saw this is because some things have turned up that might suggest that the government has (possibly, again, only speculation) the alien chart or instructions of how it works, a basic 'brochure' which is what I think this chart thing is. Oddly, it looks like a chart to other stars, but if you look again, it could be a diagram stating 'this thing (with outer ring shape) does this, and this thing (outer ring shape) does that, and this links to that, and this is a 'whatever' and that is a 'something', basically showing you how it works. Now, how did they get this? Perhaps it was on a accessible memory port? (Like what a iPhone or memory stick would have, just a different shape? Maybe a microdot? Who knows... And why? Perhaps to help out a new culture by giving them a high technology toy to experiment with and see how it works.

Thanks my humble opinion, though this could surely be a hoax.

Anyways here are a couple of pictures of the thing and some shots of the diagram by 'issac' that surfaced and disappeared.

Note that on the third of three pictures with the S lines in it, sort of like an alien music script, that is a set of planets in a solar orbit, showing their wonderings. That can be seen in that chart, as well as in some crop circles.

Bill

Lionheart
November 28th, 2010, 12:39
So now.. In that diagram on the first attachment, if that were a diagram on how the drone works, then could this symbol on it be the 'atomic' type powerplant that powers the device? Could the S-curves and 3 outer symbols that stem from it be the fuel it runs on, or is it a fusion matter device and that is its exhaust elements that it creates?

hmmm....

kilo delta
November 28th, 2010, 13:05
That last pic reminds me of an official Alienware wallpaper... http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1695/backgrounddefaulto.jpg

Lionheart
November 28th, 2010, 16:15
That last pic reminds me of an official Alienware wallpaper... http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1695/backgrounddefaulto.jpg

Man KD, where do you get all this Alienware stuff! I looked for days for every single Alienware wallpaper and never once did I see this one.

Any more? :d

<--- saved to put on my Alienware laptop

Bill

EDIT: got it on the Alienware lappie now. awesome....

kilo delta
November 29th, 2010, 00:45
http://www.alienware.com/community/alienware-wallpapers.aspx

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R276159&SystemID=ALW_LP_M17X&servicetag=&os=WV64&osl=en&deviceid=19759&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=7&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=7&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=407424

Some older one here.. ftp://alienware.com/Wallpapers/

Lionheart
November 29th, 2010, 11:37
Many thanks Kilo Delta. Most appreciated.

You know, I was just thinking, the font from Matrix that cascades down from the top on the computer monitors. I wonder if that has ever been turned into a TTF? I havent found it before on my searches. I may have to add that one...

Bill

kilo delta
November 29th, 2010, 11:59
Many thanks Kilo Delta. Most appreciated.

You know, I was just thinking, the font from Matrix that cascades down from the top on the computer monitors. I wonder if that has ever been turned into a TTF? I havent found it before on my searches. I may have to add that one...

Bill

I believe it may well be available...as are many Matrix Code style screensavers.

Edit: found it -> Here (http://lexandr.deviantart.com/art/matrix-code-font-v15-2040700) <-

Lionheart
December 6th, 2010, 09:09
Kilo Delta,

Could I ask of your expertise in Alienware, how to deactivate 'AlienGuise'? It appears from a forum member at a laptop site, that this can cause my issue of not being able to adjust the sliders in FS2004. Is it possible to turn off AlienGuise or possibly remove it and if that isnt the issue, reinstall it again?

Many thanks for your advice.

Bill

kilo delta
December 6th, 2010, 14:25
Hi Bill, I've actually never installed/used AlienGUise on my systems as I don't like bloat. :) If it can't be removed through Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel then I believe that it can be forced to uninstall by using something like this Uninstall tool.. http://www.crystalidea.com/

Lionheart
December 6th, 2010, 22:27
Ah so... Many thanks KD.

I looked all over for a way to either turn it off or delete it, but couldnt find the path. It must be under a different name in the programs listing.