PDA

View Full Version : Discover Arabia

falcon409
November 27th, 2010, 10:50
I had a bit of extra cash this weekend and after purchasing the BD-5 from IRIS, I went looking for one more and found one I had seen a long time ago and failed to bookmark. First-Class Simulations "Discover Arabia". It's an extension of some of their earlier "Discover" titles and among other things, includes an extremely well modeled SeaRey Amphibian aircraft. Nice work inside and out and the FDE seems to be pretty darned close to what I read on the SeaRey website. Nice soundset that reacts nicely to throttle inputs and the interior is really nicely textured with a great view of the terrain below.
It comes with 44 separate flight plans that direct you all over the Arabian Peninsula starting from Dubai and eventually ending up again at Dubai International. Not necessarilly for everyone, but if you're looking for something to fill that space that your imagination hasn't filled yet, then this might be worth the price ($30US) considering the fact that most of what you're paying for is a brand new airplane, lol.

peter12213
November 27th, 2010, 18:23
I bought this months and months ago and found it a real handful te main thing I didn't like about this was the blue bar across the screen you get when sitting in the water other than that it's a fun little aircraft and quite unique, never bothered with the flights here though!

falcon409
November 27th, 2010, 21:14
I had heard about the blue line when sitting in the water, but unless it's different for other folks, the only time I see it is if I swing the view directly down at the seat cushion, otherwise, as you would normally look out the windows or down at the normal gauges, it isn't visible. That's not to say it's acceptable to everyone like that, but it doesn't bother me at all for that very reason. . .it would have been nice for them to correct it though.

falcon409
November 28th, 2010, 06:12
Some shots of the excellent Searey Amphibian: