PDA

View Full Version : O/T My loyal friend

NachtPiloten
November 26th, 2010, 15:52
After 13 years of being my friend, knowing when to come over for some attention, or just move closer for the chance to say hello, or wag her tail to make me smile, I had to do the most difficult thing in my life .... help her end her suffering. I shall miss you. :engel016:

gaw
November 26th, 2010, 16:01
nacht...sorry mate...had to put down 3 over the years....a heart breaker every time....but the right thing to do....have fun finding a pup!!!

loverboy1
November 26th, 2010, 18:08
Faithful friend, loyal companion,
we say farewell to you now.
You have kept us warm at night,
protected our home
and offered us unconditional love.
For this we are thankful,
and we will remember you forever.

Cloud9Gal
November 26th, 2010, 18:20
Such a pretty girl!

I'm sorry for your loss Nacht~ NEVER an easy thing to do.
Find comfort in knowing that you did the right thing by her.

~ A Dog's Prayer~

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.
Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.
When it is cold and wet, please take me inside... for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land... for you are my god... and I am your devoted worshiper.
Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.
And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.
--Beth Norman Harris

Autothrottle
November 26th, 2010, 19:47
My condolences as well, everyone knows that if you want to find a best friend in this life, you have to have a Dog. I wish you all the best Nactpiloten. Its hard today, but joy comes in the morning.

HouseHobbit
November 26th, 2010, 21:48
My condolences, I am very sorry to hear of your loss..
God Bless you..
:engel016:

mikezola
November 26th, 2010, 23:05
I feel your pain... I lost my 'significant other' (if she could have talked, that's what she would have said) of 12 years last Saturday morning... -Mike Z.

TARPSBird
November 27th, 2010, 00:19
Nachtpiloten, my condolences on the loss of your friend. It's always tough when a pet passes away, even tougher when you have to make the decision. Hang in there. :engel016:

ndicki
November 27th, 2010, 03:24
That's the thing about dogs. It's always a painful moment, and one where I think you have the full sympathy of everybody who has ever had to go through this. Life goes on...

scoutII
November 27th, 2010, 04:16

I still feel a void.... Mose's : 9 yrs (5 yrs a diabetic) passed on 11/23/10

May they all Rest in Peace

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
November 27th, 2010, 04:24
Hi mate,

Like many others and yourself i had this hardship of losing a lifelong friend too and had to watch her be let go to a better less painful place. i was about 16 i think and i have never cried so much in my life. i still to this day miss her and her little signs. but as others have said and am sure tey would say, its time to move on. never forget.

you have my simpathy my friend.

Dave

KellyB
November 27th, 2010, 04:57
As many times as I've had to do the same, it never gets any easier.
There are no friends quite like them; they ask very little in return for total love and loyalty and the knack for just "being there."

My sympathies, sir.

dmaloof
November 27th, 2010, 06:22
24297Oh, i feel for you man. i am sorry to hear this. I lost mach last year and i haven;t really gotte n over it, though i got a new cat in its place. Just try to recover and when you're ready to get a new one.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/asset.php?fid=41785&uid=89897&d=1277756222

Old Tiger
November 27th, 2010, 07:07
Nachtpiloten, my condolences on the loss of your friend. It's always tough when a pet passes away, My Simba passed 10-30-10 his age 15 He died of cancer in my wifes arms. God bless, Hang in there:engel016:

loverboy1
November 27th, 2010, 08:11
if this helps ....im the only registered court party who paid child support for dogs , 2 of em ,for two years , agreed never argued it , since i loved those dogs to my ex wife ..prior had no kids with her

had 2 dogs ... in ontario , so animals to me are god gift to us

joshua /lb

safn1949
November 27th, 2010, 08:46
Sorry man...there is nothing to say that will help,after 4 years I still miss my little children.The tears I have shed......

dancat
November 28th, 2010, 17:09
I hardly ever visit here anymore but just happened to stop in.
believe me I feel your pain......
I have a new kitten who has already cost me almost a grand in vet bills but nothing or no amount of money could ever replace the DanCat...
sorry for your loss.

Jon

lewis11777
November 28th, 2010, 19:33
Ted sorry to hear about your dog, nothing but time will fix that pain but getting another dog will certainly keep you distracted for awhile. I had a miserable neighbor poison my dog when I was a boy. That dog went everywhere with me and it was like losing a family member.

NachtPiloten
November 29th, 2010, 07:04
Just wanted to say thank you all the kind words and support.