PDA

View Full Version : Emma Field 'news'

Francois
November 25th, 2010, 23:30
http://europerides.smugmug.com/photos/1104917497_KToVa-L.jpg

:salute:

foreigndevil
November 26th, 2010, 05:01
From what is suggested in this article it seems to me the main suspect currently resides somewhere in Oceania? It's quite a pity, this Emma Field corpse.

SADT
November 26th, 2010, 11:28
I hope that this isnt the end of Emma Field, presented in a cryptic fashion................................

ryanbatc
November 26th, 2010, 11:32
Yea I'm not getting this.... 15,000 forum posts??

???

spotlope
November 26th, 2010, 11:33
I hope that this isnt the end of Emma Field, presented in a cryptic fashion................................

http://iblueyonder.com/closing-doors-and-opening-windows/

ryanbatc
November 26th, 2010, 11:36
http://iblueyonder.com/closing-doors-and-opening-windows/

Ahh I noticed the friday the 13th article date lol...

n4gix
November 26th, 2010, 11:42
Even though I don't have a "dog in this hunt" at all, I cannot help but see only one person as ultimately responsible for these events...

Although it is absolutely any author's "right" to protect his/her IP, in the larger scheme of things it's not really the "right" thing to do if one has any real care whatsoever for the flightsim community...

Roger
November 26th, 2010, 11:52
Even though I don't have a "dog in this hunt" at all, I cannot help but see only one person as ultimately responsible for these events...

Although it is absolutely any author's "right" to protect his/her IP, in the larger scheme of things it's not really the "right" thing to do if one has any real care whatsoever for the flightsim community...

Well said!

Aviator32
November 26th, 2010, 11:56
http://www.animatedgif.net/violent/gun-guy_e0.gif

Willy
November 26th, 2010, 12:10
Contrary to scurrilous rumors and innuendo, Merc Air is not positioning itself for a take over of Emma Field. My money is on Merc Air's arch nemesis Achmed for having done the deed.

falcon409
November 27th, 2010, 05:44
Yea I'm not getting this.... 15,000 forum posts?????
Probably from the inception of the Emma Field Forum until now, 15,000 posts to that forum isn't out of the realm of possibility.:salute:

Francois
November 27th, 2010, 05:48
I racked up 15.000+ posts on simFlight alone ;-)

mmann
November 27th, 2010, 08:12
Emma Field and Project Open Sky both disintegrating so close in time to one another!!

I guess if people who share a common interest can't get along there is not much hope for the rest of the world.

Regards, Mike Mann

Francois
November 27th, 2010, 10:03
I guess the interests weren't as 'common' as one would believe then?

dexthom
November 27th, 2010, 10:12
"If you build it, they will come!"

bushpilot
November 28th, 2010, 04:34
Although sad news, I appreciate your humorous news article about it Francois! Orbiks :a1310: LMAO.

I feel sorry for you and your wasted efforts and I wish you luck fighting all shady companies:salute:

Anneke
November 28th, 2010, 06:12
"If you build it, they will come!"

Hear hear. I will sure support an independant EmmaX addon (as long as it fits Orbiks PNW:a1089:.)

Francois
November 28th, 2010, 11:47
See the latest press release on the FSAddon website. There's some folks supporting it already too.... seems not everybody has gone over to the dark side after all.

GaryGB
November 28th, 2010, 15:05
See the latest press release on the FSAddon website. There's some folks supporting it already too.... seems not everybody has gone over to the dark side after all.
Hey Fritzois:

Which "latest press release on the FSAddon website" are you referring to ? :ques:

All I'm seeing thus far is this one:

http://forums.fsaddon.eu/news_viewnews.php

...which has only this associated info:

"Fritz was killed......"

Poster: francois - Date: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks for your clarification. :)

PS: In "my" FS world at KEWL, Fritz is alive and well, the scenery is FSX compatible, and the future of Emma Field is so bright, I gotta wear shades; I hope others share that vision as well ! :cool:

Lets work together to keep FS a happy experience for everyone; I believe nearly all of us at Emma Field would feel that the "dark side" had gained a foothold in our existence if we had truly lost Fritz and our airfield in the future FSX version of KEWL. :iidea:

Regards,

GaryGB

dexthom
November 28th, 2010, 17:07

Well back in '02 when I participated in the first Emma flyin with the ultralight, I remember a very
large crowd of folks and it grew from there. You have my support for anything that you would
like to create. I know Joe W will help, he always does as will numerous others.

Francois
November 28th, 2010, 22:47
Hey Fritzois:

Which "latest press release on the FSAddon website" are you referring to ? :ques:

All I'm seeing thus far is this one:

http://forums.fsaddon.eu/news_viewnews.php

...which has only this associated info:

"Fritz was killed......"

Poster: francois - Date: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks for your clarification. :)

GaryGB

Gary, you're looking at the (old) forum.

I was talking about the FSAddon WEBSITE, which is here: http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/

Cheers!

F.

Anneke
November 29th, 2010, 14:28
"Glad" (in some strange way) to hear this. As a long standing founding member of Emma Field Flying Club, organizer (together with Jeroen Wenting) of the very first Emma Field tour (the tour for which Richard G. build the clubhouse and helispots) I hope to land on Emma soon!

Fritz's dead, long live Fritz!

Francois
November 29th, 2010, 23:35
I remember Jeroen. We even met at Lelystad one day. Is he still in simming?

As for 'soon'..... do you know how long it takes to learn 3DSMax and FSX scenery building ? *grin*

mmann
November 30th, 2010, 06:17
I remember Jeroen. We even met at Lelystad one day. Is he still in simming?

As for 'soon'..... do you know how long it takes to learn 3DSMax and FSX scenery building ? *grin*
Yes I do!!

I did a comprehensive redo of Vancouver Island heliports and seaplane ports that had many 3ds Max custom buildings I modeled. Fortunately I didn't release it to the general public because just the other day Orbx released patch .003 for PNW which broke all my seaplane ports with garbage versions of their own which used mainly default FSX buildings and docks!!!

Regards, Mike Mann

spotlope
November 30th, 2010, 06:39
Yes I do!!

I did a comprehensive redo of Vancouver Island heliports and seaplane ports that had many 3ds Max custom buildings I modeled. Fortunately I didn't release it to the general public because just the other day Orbx released patch .003 for PNW which broke all my seaplane ports with garbage versions of their own which used mainly default FSX buildings and docks!!!

Regards, Mike Mann

Sound like it's time to learn how to make excludes, Mike. You can exclude anything they make and apply your own models if you put your scenery on a layer above the Orbx stuff.

dexthom
November 30th, 2010, 07:11
I run my Dexterville stuff at the top of my scenery config with no problems. It doesn't hurt PNW and it keeps things isolated.

[Area.222]
Title=OZx_LIB
Local=OZx\OZx_LIB
Layer=222
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.223]
Title=OZx_AUS
Local=OZx\OZx_AUS
Layer=223
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE