PDA

View Full Version : DP tinkering

Wulf190
November 25th, 2008, 21:25
OK How do I change the position of a bomb, or a drop tank? I'm working on the YAS Mk.16. I'm replacing the bombs with Paul Rebuffat's, and they do look better, but they don't fit snuggly on the racks!

bearcat241
November 25th, 2008, 21:43
Mountpoints.....all measurements are in meters and based along two axis: the longitudinal and lateral of the model, centered at the central datum reference point, not to be mistaken with center of gravity but very similar - the datum is static and never changes whereas the CG dynamically moves with loading.

The approach is: X, Y, Z = lateral positioning, vertical, longitudinal

Anything forward of the datum is positive value, anything rear of it is negative value.

Anything above the datum is positive value, anything below it is negative value.

Anything right (starboard) of the datum is positive value, anything left (port) of it is negative value.

The blueprint window in DPED shows these lines and the datum clearly.

If the bombs are too low, they likely have a negative value. By reducing the value, you bring the bombs up closer to the lateral axis. So if the value is -1.2 and you have a quarter of a meter gap between bomb and pylon, you adjust to -1.0 to raise the object.

mountpoint.0 = X.XX, -1.20, X.XX

mountpoint.0 = X.XX, -1.00, X.XX

Wulf190
November 25th, 2008, 22:18
Thanks! That helped alot.