PDA

View Full Version : Question on Piglet's Kingfisher

Kilroy
November 25th, 2010, 08:14
I'm really enjoying this aircraft and all the repaints. Quick question: has anyone else had difficulty opening the rear canopy position. Have tried every key combination in the book and still cannot open

Thanks,

-Kilroy

simonu
November 25th, 2010, 09:06
I am afraid CFS2 doesnt support rear canopy. But you can reassign the variable to concorde visor.
Either by using MDLC to extract a source that you can edit and then recompiling it. Or by using a hex editor to directly change the mdl.

In the source code change this {9E5C1C92-D1A9-477F-B78C-68AD64D4AF56} r_canopy
for this {89E2CA9B-1E3C-4647-B1C2-50117EC99508} visor

In a hex editor Find these bytes
92 1C 5C 9E A9 D1 7F 47 B7 8C 68 AD 64 D4 AF 56and replace with these
9B CA E2 89 3C 1E 47 46 B1 C2 50 11 7E C9 95 08
Model converters take note, how the byte order of those numbers appear changed when compiled in a model.
Hex editing is much quicker than MDLC.

Kilroy
November 25th, 2010, 09:24
Thanks much simonu I'll give that a shot

Kilroy
November 25th, 2010, 09:52
Ok I've changed the hex entry. In key assignments I see the Concord visor command but it is tied to the flaps as well. I have keys mapped for extending and retracting flaps but still do not have any action on the rear canopy. Am I looking at the wrong commmand line?

-Kilroy

simonu
November 25th, 2010, 10:20
Yes flaps and concord nose work on the same keypress but visor is different. CFS2 doesn't have a key combo by default you have to set it. It is not a cycle either you have to set up two key presses. The key words in settings controller assignments are "Increase Concorde nose/visor angle" and "Decrease Concorde nose/visor angle". These do not work the flaps as well.

Kilroy
November 25th, 2010, 10:40
OK, assigned a command to each of these still no go. Maybe a corrupt mdl file?

-Kilroy

simonu
November 25th, 2010, 10:59
I couldn't say, it is extremely easy to corrupt them with a hex editor though. But if you find that exact byte sequence and replace it. It will work...... I have just checked by doing this to a model.
open the model in a hex editor, do a search for the r_cannopy bytes copied directly from my post above. Replace with the Visor bytes copied from the post above. save the file to write the changes. Load the model into CFS2 and open the cargo door with visor keypress.

Kilroy
November 25th, 2010, 11:00
I'll keep swingin at at. Thanks so much for your time. Enjoy the holiday.

-Kilroy

bearcat241
November 26th, 2010, 00:46
You can also reassign the r_canopy to f_canopy (front or main canopy/exit) and have both front and rear operate simultaneously on the same command.

simonu
November 26th, 2010, 02:02
Yes BearCat in many models, using f_canopy makes much more sense.

I use visor to trigger unknown parts in order to identifiy them.
Once you get the hang of changing the assignments with a Hex editor it becomes easy.

Just pay attention to getting the byte order correct.

BTW the attached zip contains a doc with all the varibles and their GUIDs

Kilroy
November 26th, 2010, 13:30
Thanks for the info guys. Strange new twist Simonu, I used your hex setting on the OS2U-1 (wheeled version) mdl file and voila rear canopy opened with my new visor command. Unable to duplicate on the float version using the same steps.

-Kilroy

ckissling
December 13th, 2010, 16:32
It would help a lot of us not so bright users(me), if someone would just change the file
and upload it as a zip file for everyone. ckissling