PDA

View Full Version : OK, so i got this crazy idea in my head and it wont go away....

warchild
November 24th, 2010, 23:09
i dont even know if it'll work, but thought i'd put it ut here nd get your thoughts on it...
I want to race, but i dont want it to be like any old race.. If i go to Reno ro race, my plane flls into a classification. Its either stock, mdified, unlimited, etc.. Well, that got me thinking. Is extremely easy to go into yur config file and give yur plane a million horsepower.. But what if we classified it by type?? Single engine stock,, single engine modified ( more on the modified class in a bit ) Twin engine stock and modified, multi engine stock and modified and the same single twin and multi classes for jets.. heres the catch.. If an engine is stick, its stick, the way it came out of the box. If its mdified, the modifications have to be within documented limitations for that aircraft ( rare bare uses not only a modified R-2800 but also the prop from a P-3 Orion and thats documented ). Th planes would all be professionally tuned machines and each entry would be double checked for conformance to documentation.. Entry fees for the race could go to support Sim Outhouse and i'm afraid i havent thought of any prizes yet.. Each plane would only be competing against other planes within its given class, so if your flying a cessna, and you get passed by a mirage, that doesnt mean youd lose. You could still be a winner..
Any thoughts???
Pam

ManuelL
November 24th, 2010, 23:29
Or you could implement a handicap system - like this:

http://www.airsports.tv/index.asp?bclid=1325133111&bcpid=4552242001&bctid=1810167968