PDA

View Full Version : White blocks apearing in screnery

NCGent
November 24th, 2010, 18:21
Hey Everyone

I have this new little problem that just started and need a little assistance. White blocks keep showing up everywhere I fly out of and transparent blocks can be seen in the sky. Anyone know what this is and how to stop it?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Wozza
November 24th, 2010, 18:42
Hi
Looks to me your missing some textures somewhere,maybe cloud textures ?
are the boxs on the ground or floating in the air?
Wozza

NCGent
November 25th, 2010, 04:06
Their on the ground, kinda reminds me of large buildings like skyscrapers. Some you can see and some you only see the outline of.

Roger
November 25th, 2010, 04:15
What sort of video card do you have Chris? It looks a little as if your card can't render some scenery objects or even clouds.

modelr
November 25th, 2010, 04:53
Might seem like a stupid question, but have you tried the #1 basic fix... Shut down machine completely, (not just restart) and then restart? And, is windows up to date? Mine was doing that for a while when I would fly awhile, shut off the sim, then go and fly later. It would do it on the subsequent flights. After a full defrag and computer shutdown, the problem went away.

wiltzei
November 25th, 2010, 05:03
Try this.

oakfloor
November 25th, 2010, 10:09
You may be pushing yor GPU too hard, overheating it also. Or the OOM problem, try reducing the sliders back some. High water textures and hi definition clouds will bog down my computer. I have gamebooster and the "3G" switch and do the high priorty and affinity mod before I play. It seems to help with my machine.

Peter SWE
November 25th, 2010, 18:13
I've got the same thing.

It's an issue with the grafics drivers. If you are on ATI then update. If you got an Nvidia other than the 400series, uppdate, it will probebly solve the issue.

The nvidia 400 series on the other hand has some issues, espesialy when running on XP. An update to 260.99 will help a lot but not entirely. Drivers for that line needs some work...

I've looked around on the tech forums an it seems like there is a problem with the nv4_disp.dll file running on xp. I havent found any reports from people on Win 7.

ManuelL
November 25th, 2010, 23:20
To me the blocks look like they might be the thermals displayed by FSX. Have you checked if the thermal visualization is turned on?

NCGent
November 26th, 2010, 20:19
My card is nvidia 8800 GTS. I had the new drivers installed but they conflicted with nhancer so I took them back down to the 197 drivers. I'm running win 7 pro and have been for about a year now and this problem just started about 2 months ago. FS9 is running great . I've tried the sliders all the way to the left and I still get the boxes, not sure what is going on.

Thanks for the reply's guys

Chris

DX-FMJ
November 26th, 2010, 20:40
My card is nvidia 8800 GTS. I had the new drivers installed but they conflicted with nhancer so I took them back down to the 197 drivers. I'm running win 7 pro and have been for about a year now and this problem just started about 2 months ago. FS9 is running great . I've tried the sliders all the way to the left and I still get the boxes, not sure what is going on.

Thanks for the reply's guys

Chris

You should 86 nhancer and use this http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1932_topic36586.html

The link to download doesn't work for me so I got it here v1.94 has just released http://majorgeeks.com/NVIDIA_Inspector_d6630.html

Then you can use new vid drivers :wavey: