PDA

View Full Version : Kazunori Ito F-4

moonbutter2
November 24th, 2010, 14:24
I converted Kazunori Ito f-4 to CFS2 but I can't shut the nose wheel light off. What can I do?

Ryan

bearcat241
November 24th, 2010, 14:56
Please friend, every time that someone post around here regarding a converted Ito model it degenerates into something less than useful.

I'm sure you're aware by now that, per his readme's, he expressly states that he doesn't want us converting his models for virtual combat in CFS2. So we've come to just respecting his wishes here by not discussing the details of HOW to convert his models. I know it seems a little baffling, but it is what it is...

That said, what you do with your sim and your models privately and with whom is your own concern, but in the interest of maintaining a "designer-friendly" forum at the least, let's shun the topic of converted Ito models here. Its kinda like that ancient "no CD" taboo :frown:....Oops! Did i say that word? :mixedsmi:

Rami
November 24th, 2010, 15:03
Bearcat,

I couldn't have said it any better, thank you.

Rockster234
November 24th, 2010, 15:27
I was just going back to Falcon 4.0 superpak and how I used to fly the F-4 addons with the Vietnam Terrain and mission engine.

It was the first .....truly excellent F-4 Sead/CAS sim.............

Then came Thirdwire Productions Wings Over Vietnam........

I would recommend FreeFalcon or WOV ................if you really want the F-4 experience.........

check out www.combatace.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAOMVdanqTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okrTJ3efgdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THARm8AsclA

For CFS2 Alphasim's F-4 is freeware now........and come with a dp

Try Tango Romeo's also

moonbutter2
November 24th, 2010, 21:03
Whoops....

Sorry, Kidda makes me not want to have anything to do with the whole thing.

PJMack
November 25th, 2010, 02:05
For thoes of us who enjoy this sim for conversion purposes, I respectfully ask what can we do? Could there be a new section devoted to conversions. Thank you in advance.:salute:

Rami
November 25th, 2010, 04:07
For those of us who enjoy this sim for conversion purposes, I respectfully ask what can we do? Could there be a new section devoted to conversions. Thank you in advance.:salute:

PJ and others,

You can certainly convert other models, but Ito's should be left alone, per the author's wishes. If you do insist on doing so, contacting other members via PM might be a way to do it, or you can seek out and obtain each other's e-mails. But here at SOH, we are obliged to respect the usage wishes of the author, (an extension that is also given to each of you, by the way) and so Ito's should be left alone, at least the discussions of conversion in the forum.

Consider it in the same territory as the No-Cd patch.

PJMack
November 25th, 2010, 04:41
PJ and others,

You can certainly convert other models, but Ito's should be left alone, per the author's wishes. If you do insist on doing so, contacting other members via PM might be a way to do it, or you can seek out and obtain each other's e-mails. But here at SOH, we are obliged to respect the usage wishes of the author, (an extension that is also given to each of you, by the way) and so Ito's should be left alone, at least the discussions of conversion in the forum.

Consider it in the same territory as the No-Cd patch.

Rami,

Thank you for the clarification. Ito-sans work will be respected as usual.:jump:

tonybones2112
November 25th, 2010, 21:59
Whoops....

Sorry, Kidda makes me not want to have anything to do with the whole thing.

I think too much attention is being paid to one person's wishes. I've lived 50+ years without Mr. Ito's planes and probably will live another without them.

Bones

simonu
November 26th, 2010, 00:44
I once asked Mr Kazunori Ito for his permission, he told me in no uncertain terms "NO WAY".
Thats fine, his models are frame rate hogs with no breaking parts and totally unsuitable for use in CFS2.

bearcat241
November 26th, 2010, 00:59
...his models are frame rate hogs with no breaking parts and totally unsuitable for use in CFS2.

Which is generally the case with most FS conversions IMO. The low frames and non-breaking parts alone can often be a deterrent for CFS2 usage, but some degree of suitability can usually be attained if one is willing to go the distance with scasm fixes, dp constructs, and a fair amount of modding to textures, air files and panels designed strictly for FS.

simonu
November 26th, 2010, 01:48
Some builders work with AI use in mind and build some levels of detail into their models, even if breaking parts aren't there. These models are much better.

Sadly a lot of the talent is moving on to FSX. The new model format puts converting them out of my reach.