PDA

View Full Version : History

Cazzie
November 23rd, 2010, 11:39
If old wood could talk! This old shack was once a home, the fence in front is the family cemetery, four of those buried are Confederate war veterans and one was KIA in that dreadful war. It now lies on property that belongs to the City of Danville, but was once part of the Mountain Hill community of Pittsylvania County.

Caz

PENTAX K-x, RAW image processed and converted to a 16-bit TIFF, then worked up into a ghostly black and white tone mapped image in Photomatix, after which it was converted back to 8-bits and post-processed in Photoshop.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/shack_bw_2.jpg

jmig
November 23rd, 2010, 14:57
I like this one Caz. With the wooden fence, I can imagine a couple "Johnny Rebs" coming around the side looking for lost Yankees soldiers.

Cloud9Gal
November 23rd, 2010, 16:36
Caz~ This is another one of your shots that I'd love to frame! Awesome!!

EasyEd
November 23rd, 2010, 19:59
Hey All,

Nice image Caz. A bit of haloing on the tree on the left and maybe on the roofline but nicely done. Were there any headstones?

-Ed-

Cazzie
November 24th, 2010, 12:38
Hey All,

Nice image Caz. A bit of haloing on the tree on the left and maybe on the roofline but nicely done. Were there any headstones?

-Ed-

Ed,

I need to send every photo I process to you for critique. LOL! I never paid attention to the haloing until you mentioned it. It was a quick fix, although I always take a longer path. I made a duplicate image and applied the Burn Tool to the haloing until it matched and looked better, then erased all around the burned area to match, after which the images were merged.

There is only one headstone Ed, the Confederate dead are on white granite crosses with their name, birth year and date and year of death and CSA regiment. The last name on all are Sams. The graveyard is all grown over in high grass and weeds now, a pity that some living relative or even the city does not maintain it.

grumpos
November 24th, 2010, 15:22
Great shot. :ernae:

Chacha
November 24th, 2010, 16:35
Wow, I am very impress on your eye, Ed....

Thanks for sharing Cazz... Cool(er) fix...