PDA

View Full Version : "Code Talkers'

Panther_99FS
November 21st, 2010, 16:28
http://www.kirtland.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123231656

demorier
November 21st, 2010, 22:08
Sounds like a good idea in one way. Do remember seeing a dramatised movie about it...I think it was called "Windtalkers".

jmig
November 22nd, 2010, 03:16
I know a woman who live in Farmington, NM. She is full blooded Navajo, and told me either her father or uncle was a code talker. I would have loved to have meet the man. It would be awesome to meet living history.

brad kaste
November 22nd, 2010, 11:06
Sounds like a good idea in one way. Do remember seeing a dramatised movie about it...I think it was called "Windtalkers".
You're correct demorier,...."Windtalkers" with Nicholas Cage. A real stinker of a movie. All the emphasis was put on Cage,...and not the Navajo "Windtalkers." Cage acted like this dis-jointed angst-ed out, troubled officer that didn't have a clue why he was in uniform in the first place. Why would someone want to see a nut job army officer when the movie could have portrayed in great depth the lives of these wonderful Native Americans doing their jobs under fire and fooling the Japanese at every turn? The movie was pitiful. Didn't deserve one star.