PDA

View Full Version : Weird FSX Problem

LordAkshay798
November 21st, 2010, 14:54
Hello everyone,

My scenery library has disappeared, but FSX still works fine. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you,
LordAkshay798

Meshman
November 21st, 2010, 16:36
Interesting! Never seen that before.

You've changed "what?" on your computer lately? New video drivers? Some tweak to FSX? Anything?

scottmm73
November 21st, 2010, 18:50
I believe just by renaming the scenery.cfg to scenery.bak will force FSX to regenerate your scenery.cfg. I'm not 100 percent sure it will work, but that is the first time I've seen this.

Meshman
November 21st, 2010, 19:18
Something clicked in my noggin, so try a little sleuthing and see if this is the cause. In XP the working Scenery.cfg file is at;

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

Vista or Win7 are different.

Make sure Windows Explorer is set to show hidden files and folders, along with showing the file extension. The Scenery.Cfg file is just plain text and can be opened with Notepad or similar text editor. What you are checking is to see if the Title= under each area shows anything or if it's blank. That appears to me to be why the file is still working in FSX, but shows nothing in the display box.

If this is the case there is a workaround, but it would take a little time, effort and some cutting and pasting. Maybe 10 minutes, unless you have a boatload of add on scenery added into FSX.