PDA

View Full Version : XDP setup questions

Led Zeppelin
November 21st, 2010, 10:35
In the GunStation section, does anybody know what Trainable= & Trigger= are used for?

Thanks

hairyspin
November 21st, 2010, 11:36
Trigger is obsolete and not used.

Trainable, when set to "y" allows the sim to move a gun up, down, left or right. The limits of that rotation are set by DownLimit, LeftLimit, RightLimit and UpLimit and the maximum rate of turn set by RateLimit. These settings are obviously used for gun turrets, waist guns etc.

According to the SDK, that is...

HTH

Led Zeppelin
November 22nd, 2010, 03:10
thank you.

crossram
November 22nd, 2010, 03:23
Trainable="0" or "1"

"0" (zero) is for fixed guns, as mounted in the wings or nose.
"1" is for moveable guns, hand-held, or turret.

In the .xdp, the moving limits are set, but will NOT work, unless trainable is set at "1". Yeah, to a degree it will work set to "n" or "y", but if you look at most of the stock .XDPs, 0 or 1 is used.

The trigger does work, "0" or "1", many times used to separate MG guns and cannons. But, before it can work, in the CFS3 joystick assignments, you have to assign one of your buttons for cannon only. Looking in the controls settings, you can see what is available.

Led Zeppelin
November 22nd, 2010, 07:48
hy crossram, thanks for your answer.

Any update about your Keroman project? :jump:

hairyspin
November 22nd, 2010, 10:44
...The trigger does work, "0" or "1", many times used to separate MG guns and cannons....

Thanks for that crossram, I've added it to my documentation. :salute:

OldCrow
January 12th, 2011, 00:29
The trigger does work, "0" or "1", many times used to separate MG guns and cannons. But, before it can work, in the CFS3 joystick assignments, you have to assign one of your buttons for cannon only. Looking in the controls settings, you can see what is available.
I do not understand how to get this to work.
I have one trigger for "cannon only"
I have one trigger for "guns only"
For instance, the Me 262 is supposed to have seperate triggers for it's cannon in pairs.

My XDP looks like this...
<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="lower_cannon" Tracer="80" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="AvHistory_gr_gun_Mk108" Name="Lower Cannons" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch=".1489" MaxAmmo="160"/>
<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="upper_cannon" Tracer="80" Trainable="0" Trigger="0" Type="AvHistory_gr_gun_Mk108" Name="Upper Cannons" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch=".1489" MaxAmmo="200"/>

They all fire together when I use "fire cannons and guns" or "fire cannon only". The trigger for "fire guns only" does nothing.

gosd
January 12th, 2011, 02:52
So why doesn't it work on this particular A/C: AvHistory_sitz_leo451
<GunStations>
<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="machine_guns" Tracer="33" Trainable="0" Trigger="0" Type="sitz_fr_gun_MAC1934-_7_5" Name="Forward Fixed MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch=".8" MaxAmmo="300" UseSmallFlash="1"/>
<GunStation UpLimit="70" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="60" RightLimit="60" RateLimit="10" SystemID="upper_rear_gun_right" Tracer="0" Trainable="1" Trigger="0" Type="sitz_fr_gun_HS_404_hand_held" Name="Dorsal Cannon" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="120" UseSmallFlash="0"/>
<GunStation UpLimit="10" DownLimit="30" LeftLimit="30" RightLimit="30" RateLimit="05" SystemID="lower_gun" Tracer="50" Trainable="1" Trigger="0" Type="sitz_fr_gun_MAC1934-_hand_held" Name="Ventral MG" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="500" UseSmallFlash="1"/>
<GunStation UpLimit="70" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="60" RightLimit="60" RateLimit="10" SystemID="upper_rear_gun1" Tracer="50" Trainable="1" Trigger="0" Type="sitz_fr_gun_MAC1934-_hand_held" Name="Dorsal MG1" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="500" UseSmallFlash="1"/>
<GunStation UpLimit="70" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="60" RightLimit="60" RateLimit="10" SystemID="upper_rear_gun2" Tracer="50" Trainable="1" Trigger="0" Type="sitz_fr_gun_MAC1934-_hand_held" Name="Dorsal MG2" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="500" UseSmallFlash="1"/>
</GunStations>

The guns move but the aiming sight is fixed ?

popsaka
January 12th, 2011, 03:35
Aah, the mysteries and secrets concealed in CFS3...:isadizzy:

italflyer
January 12th, 2011, 03:52
An AI model without working cockpit for the turret?

ndicki
January 12th, 2011, 10:26
The LeO was built as AI only and does not have a finalised gunner's position - or anything else internal really.

flyer01
January 12th, 2011, 11:01
ndicki, Is this the type of thread that would be put in the Projected knowledge base?

flyer01

gosd
January 12th, 2011, 11:42
Yes I know that this A/C is an AI,and that I made it flyable by changing the air file.
I want to find out if I can get the aiming sight operable when hitting the F3 button in the gunner cockpit mode.
Thanks.

NachtPiloten
January 12th, 2011, 12:46
I do not believe that you can man any gun station that was not modeled into the original mesh. For every turret or gun position you need to have a virtual cockpit. AI's generally do not have any vc's.

NachtPiloten
January 12th, 2011, 12:51
I do not understand how to get this to work.
I have one trigger for "cannon only"
I have one trigger for "guns only"
For instance, the Me 262 is supposed to have seperate triggers for it's cannon in pairs.

My XDP looks like this...
<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="lower_cannon" Tracer="80" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="AvHistory_gr_gun_Mk108" Name="Lower Cannons" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch=".1489" MaxAmmo="160"/>
<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="upper_cannon" Tracer="80" Trainable="0" Trigger="0" Type="AvHistory_gr_gun_Mk108" Name="Upper Cannons" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch=".1489" MaxAmmo="200"/>

They all fire together when I use "fire cannons and guns" or "fire cannon only". The trigger for "fire guns only" does nothing.
All you need to to have the mk108 like this:

one should read like this:

Type="AvHistory_gr_gun_Mk108_Gun_Trigger"

and the other as you have it and you should be able to have one set on the cannon and the other set on the gun trigger. Be sure to delete the bdp and off you go!

OldCrow
January 12th, 2011, 23:24
All you need to to have the mk108 like this:

one should read like this:

Type="AvHistory_gr_gun_Mk108_Gun_Trigger"

and the other as you have it and you should be able to have one set on the cannon and the other set on the gun trigger. Be sure to delete the bdp and off you go!

Yes, and that's how I have it actually. The trouble with that is the "AvHistory_gr_gun_Mk108_Gun_Trigger" is actually a "bullet" instead of a "shell" in it's XDP. Therefore the rounds hitting targets, water, ground, etc. have less effects or visual strikes.
I addressed this difference in a previous thread. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=48096

I was hoping this was another way to solve this issue as well.

NachtPiloten
January 13th, 2011, 02:14
As long as the final effect is the same, that is it has the same destructive effect so be it. Did you look at the gun xdp and changed the effects associated with the round?

OldCrow
January 13th, 2011, 02:39
As long as the final effect is the same, that is it has the same destructive effect so be it. Did you look at the gun xdp and changed the effects associated with the round?
The final effect seems to be exactly the same as far as damage and effect on targets. The ONLY difference I see is in the FX/graphics of the rounds hitting things.

I've racked my brain and checked everything and anything I could find in the CFS3 folder that might match the FX/graphics the "shells" have over "bullets".

For instance, a .50 cal in "bullet"(changed in the .50cal round XDP) mode hitting the water seems to make a splash about 1 per 3-5 rounds fired. If changed to a "shell", the splashes seems to happen once per every round. It looks amazing, much like gun camera footage from Mustangs and T-Bolts!

NachtPiloten
January 13th, 2011, 10:57
I want to say that this was discussed many years ago by folks as smart as you and a lot smarter then me and this is a CFS3 quirk. I made a set of anti-personnel gun pods for the JU88 that were used in Russia. Someone converted the weapon to cannons in stead of the 7.7mm and wow what a difference.

OldCrow
January 13th, 2011, 11:34
I want to say that this was discussed many years ago by folks as smart as you and a lot smarter then me and this is a CFS3 quirk.
I remember this being discussed long ago on these forums also, but never solved. Probably is a CFS3 quirk. I was hoping that trigger thing Crossram mentioned would be a possible cure.

I have my Mustangs and Thunderbolts .50cals as "cannon" and it is awesome to strafe ground targets.