PDA

View Full Version : Spinning needles

Ascua02
November 20th, 2010, 03:57
Hello Gents

I am pretty novice (totally) at creating gauges, however I am trying to create some fuel gauges for the C-119 bt Daisuke Yamamoto. The setup looks very straightforward, 2 central tanks (500 Gal each), 2 main tanks (855 Gal each) and 2 tip tanks (457 Gal apiece) , so I created a gauge with 2 needles for the central tanks and a gauge for each of the others.

The code was also pretty straightforward and inspired (damn right copied :redf: with the necessary modifications, of course) from several other fuel gauges in my setup that work perfectly.

Here comes the rub, whenever I load the fuel the needles do more or less 3 complete turns and then stop somewhere which it is not where they should. I looked the code about 40000 times but for the life of me I can't find where the fault is, it looks like the minimum, maximum values are not read or something like that (thinking of it, looks like the culprit is the maximum value) but I am at a loss.

Does somebody have any ideas or found the same problem? if you need the code and/or the images, give me a shout and I'll send them to you.

Thanks for your help

Saludos

No Dice
November 22nd, 2010, 21:00
Ascua02,
I remember having a tutorial about this, I will look thru my old archives and get back with you. Something in my feeble memory says that your digits should all be in even ( squared numbers ) followed by a . or :. Hell, I just don't remember, I will search my files and get back with you.

Dave aka No Dice

Ascua02
November 23rd, 2010, 08:58
Thanks Dave.

Appreciated. I'm going nuts :ernae:

Ascua02
December 4th, 2010, 11:42
Never mind, found the problem, sheer stupidity and watching the numbers too long, the nonlinearity was wrong and I could not see it :banghead::banghead::isadizzy:

Thanks anyway