PDA

View Full Version : TR's Sabres / Korean War Naval Campaign

Cowboy1968
November 18th, 2010, 16:34
Is anyone working on skins for the TR's Sabers to represent USN and USMC Fury jets.

Cowboy1968
November 18th, 2010, 21:59
Thanks to Fox Four, some wonderful ship designers, F1's Saber v. Mig, and others I have been working on a Korean War Naval Campaign, but I have hit a wall. I need some Navy Fury jets. I have alpha's but it has tanks on it. I was wondering if some of our skinners can paint me a texture for TR's F-86H?

Rami
November 19th, 2010, 02:04
Cowboy1968,

I'll give these threads a bump and see if we can get some attention for you.

Oh, and one other thing that's I've noticed: The quote in your avatar is from "Jester," not "Viper."

bub
November 19th, 2010, 03:51
Cowboy,
Try this link. It's for "Fang's" F-86 Sabre and should work on TR's H Model. If you need help with it, let me know. I got rid of most of the Sabre stuff I did, so there's not much left. But, I may have something left that may be of assistance.
Bub

http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=Fj2.zip

There may me one or two more, but don't quote me.

Cowboy1968
November 19th, 2010, 04:25
Good catch Rami on my signature, going to change it now!

Thank bub on fury skin.

Cowboy1968
November 19th, 2010, 04:28
Bub I will take all the help you can give me.....I will be working some Air Force stuff into this.

Does anyone have a F-51 in Korean Markings. I have a good one in USAF marking from the period.

This thing is my first attempt at something to release to our public community and I want it to have as much freeware as possible in it.

bub
November 19th, 2010, 06:50
Cowboy,
When the time comes, let me know what you need for the Sabres. I'll start looking around for anything I have left.
I hate to do this, check over at SimV. There's a revamped Alpha Mustang for Korea and some extra skins. Also, I believe Sopwith did a pack for the Alpha P-51 that has some Korean War skins included. There's also a bunch of Sabres over there with all kinds of skins for the A,E and F Model. Keep me posted.
Bub

Cowboy1968
November 19th, 2010, 07:33
Thanks that skin did work on the TR bird. Its a start, Its a navy Fury and I modified the aircraft cfg to add the tail hook for carrier ops and she lands wonderfully. She kills Migs good too.

To bad that bird isn't in Navy Blue, but she is wonderful.

Thanks for the the followup info on the Mustang in Korean Markings. Will go look for that now.

Fibber
November 19th, 2010, 13:59
Didn't Olsson-Hinnson do a FJ-4B and a FJ4A Fury?

sc7500
November 19th, 2010, 14:19
...Didn't Olsson-Hinnson do a FJ-4B and a FJ4A Fury?...

Yep - They're converted from a CFS2 F-86:

http://www.simnetwork.com/SIMNETWORK/downloads.php?cat_id=7&rowstart=148

SC
:kilroy:

Fibber
November 19th, 2010, 14:54
Cowboy;
are you looking for a P-51 in ROKAF markings or a Amer P-51 in KWO markings. If ROK the only thing I could find was by Dan Leahy and it is a CFS3 plane.

Seagull V
November 19th, 2010, 17:09
2 options, cut & paste the CFS3 scheme to suit a CFS2 model. The plastic kit manufacturer Academy has also released a nice kit of a Korean War Mustang with decals for a F-51D flown by Maj. Dean E. Hess advisor to the ROKAF, another ROKAF, and a sharkmouth flown by Lt. James Glessner 12th FBS 18th FBG USAF 1950. All 3 could be used as the base for a repaint.

Then there are the Aussies and the South Africans as well.

I uploaded a paint scheme done by someone else for the server upgrade that may interest you if you have not already found it. :wavey:

Fibber
November 19th, 2010, 17:57
As per your request it is on the way:running:.:salute::icon_lol:

Seagull V
November 20th, 2010, 17:05
Have you checked out the AlphaSim Freeware ?

http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/index.php?dir=/USA
Skyraider, Tigercat, Panther, Bird Dog (There is also a FJ-3 Fury)

http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/ (Index)
British (& Australian) Sea Fury, Seafire Mk-47 (Would grab TRs updated Meteor)

Another link that may be useful:-
http://www.korean-war.com/KWAircraft/index.html
(Ignore the photograph that is included with the Sunderland, wrong plane !!!!!)

Rockster234
November 20th, 2010, 18:37
Fun for a trap...........

Early Alphasim models.........but solid

Seagull V
November 20th, 2010, 20:08
Major problem with the AlphaSim Fury as mentioned in an earlier post is the external fuel tanks. Had a look at the textures to see if there was a possibility to alpha-channel out the external tanks, cannot see anything obvious. Looks like it would need some trial and error investigations, as such the repaints may be a better answer. Pity the fuel tanks were not part of the usual external stores as done by Alpha.

There is also the very old Alpha models, some are as not as refined as todays models, but still fun for a hack ride or as as some extra AI or "Bogey Bandits"

gavinc
November 22nd, 2010, 02:29
Cowboy;
are you looking for a P-51 in ROKAF markings or a Amer P-51 in KWO markings. If ROK the only thing I could find was by Dan Leahy and it is a CFS3 plane.

FYI the CFS3 P-51 textures fit almost perfectly on Andrew Wai's P-51.

Gavin

Fibber
November 22nd, 2010, 05:07
Thanks;
I didn't know that. It is another nice-to-know thing.:wavey: