PDA

View Full Version : China Debuts New Passenger Jet

beana51
November 18th, 2010, 05:13
Boeing,Airbus take note,....there is a new take out Plane Maker on the Block...now its not only Column "A",or Column "B"...but now to include Column "C"........Wonder what America's fortune cookie says about our jobs ....Of Course Brazil is coming on strong also...Boeing now faces three State funded Air Manufacturs......The good thing about the Chinese plane is they are using our technolgy.. the bad news is we are doing it for them!!, Already 100 sold! What do you think about Americas lost dominance in civil avaition?......

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/asia/China-Debuts-New-Passenger-Jet-108418614.html

Trans_23
November 18th, 2010, 05:38
If I was a CEO of a commercial air carrier, I think I would take a ait and see attitude with this plane. China doesn't have the greatest record when it comes to quality control. As far as Boeing competing? The just need to continue to put out a great product and they will be fine. The 787 will be a big step in that direction once it goes into full production.

Bjoern
November 18th, 2010, 10:01
What do you think about Americas lost dominance in civil avaition?...

I think this thread will get locked quickly.

Also, you're at least two decades late with that realization.

COMAC is just another fish in the pond already filled with Bombardier, Embraer, Airbus, Boeing, Sukhoi, Irkut, Tupolev, Mitsubishi...and I'm only talking about the 100-170 seat market here!

Furthermore, I wouldn't downplay China's capability of developing aircraft. They've learned quite a lot since the industry there kicked off with copied russian planes.

Aviator32
November 18th, 2010, 10:07
First Boeing, then NASA. Watch this space. You'd better get your grandchildren to learn Mandarin if you want them to be astronauts.

Naismith
November 18th, 2010, 10:45
Given that just about every damned product that comes out of China is either recalled, damaged, a health risk or breaks after 5 minutes usage, would you really want to board one of these airliners?

Mickey D
November 18th, 2010, 10:52
Is that the one with the outside lavies?

Anyway Beana51 we lost ours this side of the pond why should you be left out ;)

Bjoern
November 18th, 2010, 13:45
Given that just about every damned product that comes out of China is either recalled, damaged, a health risk or breaks after 5 minutes usage, would you really want to board one of these airliners?

I would without hesitation.

Airplanes are not cheap-o-something-something stuff.