PDA

View Full Version : Embraer EMB120 Brasilia update

euroastar350
November 17th, 2010, 22:46
I'll let the screenshots speak for themselves:ernae: Just need help with the ailerons, elevator and rudder animations not tracking properly when I animate them...otherwise, its almost ready.

Kiwikat
November 17th, 2010, 22:49
That's looking REALLY nice! :applause:

euroastar350
November 17th, 2010, 22:53
Thanks Kiwi. As my second gmax FSX project, it came out quite well if I must say. Once this bird is done and released, I'll work more on the Bell 222 which now features a highly detialed tail rotor which will bring the total polygon size for the project at around 112,000 polys:isadizzy: We may use Lionheart's FS9 unlimited exporter method to bring in that highly detailed tail rotor for the FS9 model:ernae:

The final release of the EMB120 will feature textures and paintkit done by Adriano Martoni along with specular and bump maps throughout.

SkippyBing
November 18th, 2010, 01:32
Just need help with the ailerons, elevator and rudder animations not tracking properly when I animate them

Have you got the pivot points in the right place? If so I find frequent use of Reset Transform occasionally sorts things out (save a backup copy first though as you can't always undo it for some reason).

euroastar350
November 18th, 2010, 02:13
Everything is in place and I've tried everything with no joy. Last thing I want to do is release this model with screwed up animations:173go1:

dougal
November 18th, 2010, 02:50
This is my all time favorate TB bird!

I'm really looking forward to it.

skyhawka4m
November 18th, 2010, 03:44
Outstanding! Please include the all white aircraft in the file.

James
November 18th, 2010, 03:57
hahahahaha AWESOME

hews500d
November 18th, 2010, 04:14
Looking great ! Any leads on anyone doing a vc for it?

Darrell

DX-FMJ
November 18th, 2010, 05:45
Looks really awesome!

Can we see the VC?

skyhawka4m
November 18th, 2010, 07:19
this aircraft dos not have a VC.....I'm sure someone will set up an alis for it though.

euroastar350
November 18th, 2010, 09:20
The FS9 EMB120 didn't have a VC, the same applies to this one. This is my second gmax/FSX project and is a new learning curve for me. I would love to see a VC for this airplane, but unfortunately I have other projects on the board at the moment including the Bell 222 for FS9/FSX and other airplanes/helicopters. I can however pass along the source files for the FSX EMB120 to anyone wishing to do the VC for this great bird.

*EDIT* The package has been sent to Adriano Martoni for his approval since I am using his textures and paintkit for final release (greenlight given for use)

Bjoern
November 18th, 2010, 09:27
Alredy tried to add a "Reset XFORM" modifier to the part in question?

Or set the rotation scheme to "local" before animating the part?

Or add more keyframes to ensure a good transition between up & down?

euroastar350
November 18th, 2010, 09:41
Bjoern,

Did everything there is with no luck and I am getting stumped on this:kilroy:

Bjoern
November 18th, 2010, 09:47
No luck redoing the whole animation or assigning a different animation tag either?

euroastar350
November 18th, 2010, 09:57
I'll try those out to see what comes out.

euroastar350
November 19th, 2010, 01:12
Success!!!! Animations working properly, except the ailerons which are reversed animated and off track a little...I can fix those easily. Now that these items are done, spec and bump maps need to be done....then its showtime:ernae:

*EDIT* Anyone good at doing spec maps? Contact me via PM if interested. *END EDIT*

skyhawka4m
November 19th, 2010, 03:53
:applause::applause::applause:

Bjoern
November 19th, 2010, 10:12
*EDIT* Anyone good at doing spec maps? Contact me via PM if interested. *END EDIT*

Not interested, but: Spec maps are just lightened/darkened copies of the main texture.

Load up your main texture in an image editor, lighten/darken areas according to their shinyness, save with a spec map name and done.

euroastar350
November 19th, 2010, 23:09
All animations including ailerons and FSX specific textures are now completed, bump and specular maps are the last things to do. I may end up using one spec map for all the textures that will be included in the final release package instead of doing one for every specific paint. Stay tuned as we reach home stretch with my first FSX release:ernae:

AusWilko
November 20th, 2010, 01:25
Well done

I flew that in FS9 with a panel by Marcus Gama that I enjoyed alot so wouldn't mind trying it again

Hanimichal
November 20th, 2010, 01:41
:applause::applause::applause:

baernhard
November 23rd, 2010, 11:34
Thank you so much, for this great airplane ...

:jump:
Cheers
Baernhard

Bjoern
November 23rd, 2010, 13:54
Now who's volunteering to do a VC? :icon_lol:

flaviossa
November 23rd, 2010, 17:49
Beautiful model! Thanks!
Is there a way to see the props in the side views? :wiggle:

Rick_Piper
November 24th, 2010, 05:09
Hi Euroastar

Great Job mate

only have 2 small problems.

1/ there are no landing light splashes on the ground.

2/ left & right fuselage seam (needs welding) or making same smoothing group
as it causes some odd shading.

but perfect otherwise.
(sorry just observations, not major problems)

Regards
Rick

euroastar350
November 24th, 2010, 09:57
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll look into the shading problem on the fuselage Rick. I'll also add the props to the interior model:ernae:

flaviossa
November 24th, 2010, 10:06
Thanks!!!! Nice work!

Aircanuck
November 24th, 2010, 11:10
A quick observation,

With the EMB120 slowed right down after landing and preparing to turn off the active, I am able to turn the nose wheel to the right when necessary, but the same isn't so when I want to go left. The nose wheel wants to stay straight ??

Anybody else noticed or have the same issue ?

Cheers

Aircanuck

flaviossa
December 22nd, 2010, 16:12
My friend Eurostar,
Please dont see this as a push about the emb120, itīs just to know if youīre still working in the emb120 and their little issues ...
Not now of course because itīs partyyyy time!!! But if you please give a heads up in this project and itīs future i will thank you a lot...

Thanks and happy christmas to you! :salute:

gera
December 23rd, 2010, 05:06
All animations including ailerons and FSX specific textures are now completed, bump and specular maps are the last things to do. I may end up using one spec map for all the textures that will be included in the final release package instead of doing one for every specific paint. Stay tuned as we reach home stretch with my first FSX release:ernae:

Expecting your model, looks wonderful.....:applause:

Bjoern
December 23rd, 2010, 05:24
Err....guys...

<table align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="left">Category: Flight Simulator X - Aircraft Repaints, Textures and Modifications (http://library.avsim.net/index.php?CatID=fsxacrp) </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="*"> Embraer EMB120 Brasilia </td> <td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> http://library.avsim.net/images/ZipDive.png (http://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=154567) http://library.avsim.net/images/Download.png (http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=154567) </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=275939 </td> <td width="*"> File Description:
FSX Acceleration version of Erick Cantu's Embraer EMB120 Brasilia. Everything about the FS2004 version is here, but rebuilt in gmax to take advantage of FSX features like dynamic self shadowing, bump maps, specular maps and FSX specific animations. This package comes with 12 high quality textures plus blank templates created by Adriano Martoni. Sounds, panel and FDE has been aliased to the default Beechcraft King Air 350. This release does not come with a VC. Tested in Windows Vista and Windows 7 with DX10 preview enabled. Model created using the gmax source files released by Erick Cantu.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0" width="50%"><tbody><tr> <td width="25%">Filename:</td> <td width="75%">ersemb120fsx.zip</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">License:</td> <td width="75%">Freeware, limited distribution</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Added:</td> <td width="75%">24th November 2010</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Downloads:</td> <td width="75%">536</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Author:</td> <td width="75%">George A.Arana/Erick Cantu</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Size:</td> <td width="75%">56221kb</td></tr></tbody></table>

flaviossa
December 23rd, 2010, 07:12
I know itīs released. Iīm talking about the little issues described after this release.

Bjoern
December 23rd, 2010, 13:19
I know itīs released. Iīm talking about the little issues described after this release.

Oh, okay.