PDA

View Full Version : An experience with the USAF from before I can remember.

OBIO
November 17th, 2010, 19:52
You know how family members talk about events that happened before you were old enough to have the capability to remember them? I have one that I was reminded of by the thread on the F-22 Raptor crash up in Alaska.

This event, sworn to be true by everybody who was there, happened when I was somewhere around 3 to 5 years old. We were at my uncle Jim's brother's beef ranch in southern Ohio. Raymond had a very large beef farm/ranch (not sure if beef farms are called ranches east of the Mississippi or just beef farms). We were there for a family get together of some sort. Something crashed onto the farm...way over toward the one side. Within a matter of an hour, the farm was swarming with US military folks, helicopters, lots and lots and lots of men with rifles. Everyone was ordered off the farm, including Raymond and his family. For two weeks, no one was allowed on the farm...the military took care of the feeding of the animals, they ran the farm during this period. When the family was finally allowed back on the farm, the area of the farm where the what-ever-it-was crashed had been totally bulldozed over. Trees were cleared out, all grass/weed were gone and every trace of what ever happened there had been smoothed out into one giant cleared out space.

Again, I have no memory of this happening. But my parents, older brother, aunts and uncles all swear it happened. Raymond, who was my 9th grade science teacher years later, even talked about it one day in class.

That is my brush with the Men In Black LOL!

OBIO

Allen
November 17th, 2010, 20:43
Now every one. Get lots of parts of the "It" before calling the US Gov. Look for number that are painted on, they are most like from the outside so 20 years later you can google the mumber and see what "it" was.

Bushpounder
November 18th, 2010, 01:34
They may have not seen the crash of what would later become the Stealth Fighter. The timing is about right.

Don

jmig
November 18th, 2010, 03:26
During that time, the F-111 was also having problems with crashes. Although, if a F-111 had gone down in your uncles farm it would have been quite a large explosion and trench.