PDA

View Full Version : cfs3 problem ..

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
November 17th, 2010, 13:56
Hi All,

I use quick combat free flight scenario to test my models, but all of a sudden it no longer lets me start from in the air, when i do it puts me at max hieght and i cant see the aircraft, just the noise. i can bail out and my man skydives for a little while and then pulls the chute. so i can onlt test my mossie etc from the runway which it works fine from there.

Any ideas anyone i'd be greatful as i only wanna quickly check some stuff and it burns into modelling time if i have to keep taking off ...... although on the bright side i will be a pro at getting airbourne in a mossie. lol

Dave

italflyer
November 17th, 2010, 21:42
Does this only happen with the mossie or with stock planes also?

Pat Pattle
November 18th, 2010, 03:14
have you tried deleting the uisel.xml file from the application data folder Dave?

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
November 18th, 2010, 03:31
Hi all, i will try both of these and hopefully it will sort it one way or another. cant understand why its done it, as i havent changed anything. oh well more wonders of the tech world, lol.

Cheers lads,

Dave

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
November 18th, 2010, 03:39
ok, tried a stock mossie and that works, went to the appdata folder and ..... there is no uisel??

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
November 18th, 2010, 03:41
cancel that, it helps if you go to the right app data folder, lol.

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
November 18th, 2010, 03:46
ok, i deleted the uisel.xml thingy, loaded back up, tried the stock p47, it worked, tried the horrible stock mossie it worked, tried the new mossie and ........... still the same. :(

NSS
November 18th, 2010, 04:48
Dave.
At the moment all my work is bieng done from the runway, as I am testing ther light.

I have just tried your scenario`s and get the same result.

So its either a model problem with the Mossie or the Air files.

Will look at my side and get back to you.

kev

italflyer
November 18th, 2010, 06:46
Something in the XDP like MinAlt / MaxAlt ?

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
November 18th, 2010, 07:08
just checked that, and its correct for the mossie. if the little marker on the alt gauge represents thousands which i'm assuming it is then we have the highest flying mossie ever cos it puts us at 100 thousand, lol. max hieght of the hud gauge. long way to parachute down from, lol.

NSS
November 18th, 2010, 09:07
Reverted back to an earlier set of files and I am still getting the issue....

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
November 18th, 2010, 09:26
just put the mossie across into the new eto and still the same............ argh. it'll have to wait till i get back a week on monday.

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
November 18th, 2010, 09:34
ok, i have goe right back to the first mossie model i had flying in cfs3 and still the same and have tested some inbetween.

Heres a screenie for your amusment

hairyspin
November 18th, 2010, 11:01
DON'T LOOK JEFF, YOUR NOSE WILL EXPLODE!

Wow!!

BeauBrummie
November 18th, 2010, 12:29

I say old chap, you've invented the stealth Mossie (always was a bit, being wood, not as refelective as metal), but look at the nose down view from 94.000+ ft. How the hootin' heck did I get up there? No wonder my nose is exploding!:jump:

hairyspin
November 18th, 2010, 12:42
I'd suggest getting AirWrench and using it to look at the FM. You don't need to pay just to see what the parameters are like, only if you want to edit them. The nice thing about AirWrench is it takes the aircraft.cfg into account as well as the .air file.

www.mudpond.org/ (http://www.mudpond.org/)

NSS
November 18th, 2010, 12:43
The problem is definatly in the XDP.

I have just sustituted another Mossie XDP and changed the name before the .m3d

Works a treat. Leave it with me as I have obviously made a bit of a rickit!!!!

Kev

NSS
November 18th, 2010, 12:45
I'd suggest getting AirWrench and using it to look at the FM. You don't need to pay just to see what the parameters are like, only if you want to edit them. The nice thing about AirWrench is it takes the aircraft.cfg into account as well as the .air file.

www.mudpond.org/ (http://www.mudpond.org/)

I purchased AirWrench about 5 years ago, and used it regularly when I was more active in CFS.

Will be using it for final tweaking.

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
November 18th, 2010, 12:55
you mean no more space travel ..... lol.

Just glad it was figured out before i go away morrow.

Hope you didnt get too dizzy Jeff, i took to bailing and taking in the whole of england, lol.

Nice one Kev on finding the prob.

hairyspin
November 18th, 2010, 12:57
The problem is definatly in the XDP...
Kev

I'd really like to know what that was. Weird or wot?

BTW it'd be worth you updating your copy of AirWrench, Jerry has not been idle these last five years and updates for existing users are free.

NSS
November 18th, 2010, 13:09
It really was stupid of me.

Max Alt 42000

Now I discover that the XDP works in metres and not feet!!!

42000 metres = 137,795.28 feet.
42000 feet = 12801 metres.

So the last line in the XDP needs changing so that it reads as follows.

<Aircraft MinAlt="50" MaxAlt="12801" CruiseAlt="7058" DryWeight="6486" MaxWeight="10238" FuelWeight="0" CrewSize="2" CombatRadius1="916" CombatRadius2="458"/>

Ignore the combat radius figures for the moment.

NSS
November 18th, 2010, 13:10
I'd really like to know what that was. Weird or wot?

BTW it'd be worth you updating your copy of AirWrench, Jerry has not been idle these last five years and updates for existing users are free.

Yep I regularly update AirWrench last version 1.01.89

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
November 18th, 2010, 13:14
Kev, i was just looking at that before coming here and noticed that the stock ones are at 10935 or somethingand so i changed our mossie and yeeee haaaa were flying, lol.

Heres something, you know the ai dont like flying low like i do, lol. well if the minalt was changed from 50 to say 15 do you think we could get the ai to fly lower?

Dave

p.s. your not stupid mate, i thought it was in feet aswell hence not checking that.

hairyspin
November 18th, 2010, 22:07
...Now I discover that the XDP works in metres and not feet!!!

You're not the only one to get caught with that one, dear old M$...

alain95
November 19th, 2010, 00:28
It just remains me a real aircraft incident in the Canadian sky, the ground crew made a mistake with the metric system and refuell the airplane with LITERS instead of Gallons. The plane ran out of kerozen and had to land on a desaffected terrain where there was a car race...
...nobody was hurt a MIRACLE.

:engel016: