PDA

View Full Version : Prepay for Orbx Northern Rockies and Orcas Island up

pilottj
November 15th, 2010, 16:13
Hey guys, not sure if anyone is aware but the 'prepays' for Orbx Northern Rockies and Orcas Island sceneries are available at their site. Looks like a number of their Australian sceneries are up for prepay too. I have been really enjoying PNW and PFJ, might just have to try to swing the northern rockies...lol gotta give them incentive to keep going with their northern CA scenery:jump:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=6.0

FLighT01
November 16th, 2010, 03:48
It's going to be interesting to see how Orbx coverage progresses over the next couple years.

Aviator32
November 16th, 2010, 05:03
As excited as I am by these great products I am beginning to feel ORBX overload. I feel like I've only just scratched the surface of PNW since I got it months ago (with Darrington, Concrete, Israel's and Stark's Twin Oaks), PF is out now and with the Rockies and Orcas both coming soon - it's all a bit too much for someone like me who doesn't have hours and hours for flying anymore.
Seriously it's wonderful and I'm not complaining but ....... :isadizzy:

vora
November 16th, 2010, 05:03
With the line-up they've already made public (NorCal, SRM, NZ south + north) they have 2011 pretty well covered I guess. Everything beyond that will probably carry the label "2012".
So my guess for 2012 would be: SoCal to complement the NA Gold series. If they keep their strategy to develop neighboring areas my bet would then be on a "NA Red" series covering the US southwest.

Aviator32
November 16th, 2010, 05:08
With the line-up they've already made public (NorCal, SRM, NZ south + north) they have 2011 pretty well covered I guess. Everything beyond that will probably carry the label "2012".
So my guess for 2012 would be: SoCal to complement the NA Gold series. If they keep their strategy to develop neighboring areas my bet would then be on a "NA Red" series covering the US southwest.

Better make that NA Orange, I don't think my friends in Arizona and Texas would like Red :icon_lol:

vora
November 16th, 2010, 06:03
Better make that NA Orange, I don't think my friends in Arizona and Texas would like Red :icon_lol:

If I had wanted to mess with Texas I'd have proposed "NA Pink". :icon_lol::icon_lol:

But then, who wants to mess with Texas? :cowboy:

cvearl
November 16th, 2010, 06:17
As excited as I am by these great products I am beginning to feel ORBX overload. I feel like I've only just scratched the surface of PNW since I got it months ago (with Darrington, Concrete, Israel's and Stark's Twin Oaks), PF is out now and with the Rockies and Orcas both coming soon - it's all a bit too much for someone like me who doesn't have hours and hours for flying anymore.
Seriously it's wonderful and I'm not complaining but ....... :isadizzy:

I sort of get what you mean. However, I stopped trying to visit every airport in the scenery. Rather I use my limited flying time to do random flights and pick a plane that best suits the job and do it. I know I will never see all of them now. PNW+PFJ+TongassX alone would take me a few years to see "all of it". LOL

I am just glad that with this level of coverage, I will get a great looking airport every time I land no matter where I fly. :)

Northern Rockies is going to get me flying East to West more often now. Imagine. Now you can fly Calgary to Vancouver! The rocks should look great now finally. Instead of the bland rolling hills they used to look like with icecream on top. And if I divert to an alternate for an emergency landing on my way to Vancouver it should look fantastic when I land. :)

Stuff like Concrete and Isreals I like to putter around in 1500 feet up in a slow plane and admire the details.

Keep it comming ORBX :salute:

C.

AndyE1976
November 16th, 2010, 09:47
I'm just beginning to get the most out of PNW, but I'm going to max my rig before adding more scenery - ORBX stuff really needs to be run at maximum settings to get the benefit of all that high resolution stuff.

FLighT01
November 16th, 2010, 10:08
Bring it on ORBX, I'm retired, I've got plenty of time to fly!

pilottj
November 16th, 2010, 17:19
yeah like cvearl, for me its not so much that I will visit every single airport but it adds so much to the environment to fly over farmland and see pastures that aren't generic or repeating everywhere. Flying into a random airstrip and seeing somthing there like a truck or another airplane. All the little things really improve the 'fun' factor.