PDA

View Full Version : ORBX PNW-PFJ DVD

Reddog
November 15th, 2010, 13:51
Has anyone got there's yet? I preordered both got the download but no Disc yet and it's been out now for 10days.

Holger Sandmann
November 15th, 2010, 17:31
Hi Reddog,

if you're talking about the primary DVDs (as opposed to a basic backup DVD that can also be ordered) then they are currently being printed and should be sent to the resellers in about a week or so. It's customary to wait with shipping off the DVD master for at least a week after release of the download version in case some major bug slipped through Beta testing.

Cheers, Holger

FLighT01
November 16th, 2010, 03:43
I just ordered the Boxed DVD version of PFJ yesterday, as with other Orbx boxed editions I've ordered from Australia, it takes about 10 days to get here.

Reddog
November 16th, 2010, 04:57
Thanks guys, got a email today saying they will ship tomorrow.
I preordered it and said it was the the download plus DVD so whats the difference in the DVD's?

FLighT01
November 16th, 2010, 10:05
I'm not absolutely certain, but I believe the Boxed DVD is just that, a standard DVD 5.25" X 7.5" black or clear storage case with perhaps a little information booklet or sheet of instructions inside.

Download plus DVD might mean you D/L it and, in addition, they burn and send you a backup DVD they make on site at the store, slipped into a paper or plastic envelope of the same size as the DVD and then mailed to you.

Shouldn't be any difference in the content of either, I prefer full box editions for larger sized products, scenery in particular because of the size (GB's). Plus the DVD cases are easier to store and find when I need to. The backup discs I have tend to run off to that place where all the coat hangers go never to be seen again.

Dexdoggy
November 16th, 2010, 12:42
Really looking forward to this; I got my shipping email too - BUT upon arrival my wife is going to put it away until Christmas for me! :173go1: