PDA

View Full Version : Super Tucano RAF 70th

paulb
November 14th, 2010, 06:59
I have nearly finished repainting Tim Conrad's superb A-29B Super Tucano to represent a Shorts Tucano of the Royal Air Force. This actual scheme was used for the 2010 display season and represents a 92 Sqn aircraft that flew in the Battle of Britain - 2010 being the 70th anniversary of that historic event.

noddy
November 14th, 2010, 07:01
Lovely job.

paulb
November 14th, 2010, 07:15
Thanks Noddy. Its been a change to do a genuine scheme (if not exactly for the correct aircraft) after a few fictional schemes :).

This particular scheme has grown on me, the more time that I have spent on it. BTW there are a few nice pics on the net of the two Tucanos repainted in this scheme flying in formation with a Spitfire this year, if anyones interested.

Cheers

Paul

Ferry_vO
November 14th, 2010, 07:17
I still wonder if the RAF was perhaps inspired by this repaint done by Tako_Kichi in 2008?:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=12934

:)

doublecool
November 14th, 2010, 07:20
Paul, your doing some lovely paint work on Piglets brilliant little freeware trainer and I'm liking this one very much

I Thank You :salute:

paulb
November 14th, 2010, 07:23
I still wonder if the RAF was perhaps inspired by this repaint done by Tako_Kichi in 2008?:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=12934

:)

No is the simple answer. There have been a few real repaints this year - the Hawk was another one - where aircraft have been repainted in Battle of Britain colours or have simply had BoB unit codes added to the fins. If you search then you will find a number of them on the net. Also the aircraft schemes have been chosen (by the RAF) because of their historical significance or because of links with the units or bases.

Cheers

Paul

paulb
November 14th, 2010, 07:26
Paul, your doing some lovely paint work on Piglets brilliant little freeware trainer and I'm liking this one very much

I Thank You :salute:

Thanks for your kind comments. Interestingly this scheme met with a mixed response initially (on the real aircraft). Some people loved it and some found it odd. But the aircraft has displayed at a number of shows this year and its support has grown. :d

SkippyBing
November 14th, 2010, 09:08
Some people loved it and some found it odd.

I heard somewhere that some segments of the public don't think it's a special scheme, they just assume all military aircraft are painted in some sort of camouflage and that it isn't that big a deal!

peter12213
November 14th, 2010, 09:14
I thought it was great seen it earlier this year at my local airshow, everyone I spoke to said it was a lovely looking paint job!

paulb
November 14th, 2010, 09:35
I heard somewhere that some segments of the public don't think it's a special scheme, they just assume all military aircraft are painted in some sort of camouflage and that it isn't that big a deal!

LOL! :d

paulb
November 14th, 2010, 09:37
I thought it was great seen it earlier this year at my local airshow, everyone I spoke to said it was a lovely looking paint job!

Yes it is quite photogenic - even my wife likes it!

BTW, for anyone who is interested, here is a link to the official site of the 2010 display team -
http://www.raf.mod.uk/tucanodisplayteam/

Cheers

Paul

Rick_Piper
November 15th, 2010, 02:14
Hi Paul

Where can i get the repaint ?

Regards
Rick

paulb
November 15th, 2010, 06:22
Hi Paul

Where can i get the repaint ?

Regards
Rick

Hi Rick

I uploaded it to flightsim.com early this morning.

Cheers

Paul

Rick_Piper
November 15th, 2010, 07:20
Hi Paul

Downloading now :salute:

Regards
Rick

Roger
November 15th, 2010, 09:55
Looks great! Thanks Paul:ernae:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/Tucano-bob-1.jpg

paulb
November 15th, 2010, 10:50
Thanks Roger

Glad that you like it.

Cheers

Paul

Ferry_vO
November 16th, 2010, 07:38
No is the simple answer. There have been a few real repaints this year - the Hawk was another one - where aircraft have been repainted in Battle of Britain colours or have simply had BoB unit codes added to the fins. If you search then you will find a number of them on the net. Also the aircraft schemes have been chosen (by the RAF) because of their historical significance or because of links with the units or bases.

Still it would be cool though to see a fictional repaint appear on a real-life aircraft!

BTW great repaint!

paulb
November 16th, 2010, 14:30
Still it would be cool though to see a fictional repaint appear on a real-life aircraft!

BTW great repaint!

I know what you mean re a fictional repaint. Maybe there is one out there somewhere?

Cheers

Paul