PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak Server Issues

Cag40Navy
November 13th, 2010, 17:18
Dangerousdave come onto the seen and is solving the problem.

Roadburner440
November 13th, 2010, 17:22
Slown down Cag, exactly what is this person doing? Everyone needs to log off the server as TeamSpeak works as some kind of P2P thing right? I have it, but rarely use it so am unsure of the deep down details. Hopefully as long as everyone logs off their systems will remain intact..

Cag40Navy
November 13th, 2010, 17:25
Slown down Cag, exactly what is this person doing? Everyone needs to log off the server as TeamSpeak works as some kind of P2P thing right? I have it, but rarely use it so am unsure of the deep down details. Hopefully as long as everyone logs off their systems will remain intact..
Well, i had to raise the alarm on the server but thank god Dangerousdave came to the rescue. The guy was kicking people without having server admin and was possibly destroying files on the server.

Dangerousdave26
November 13th, 2010, 17:36
I shut the TS server down until I can find out from TeamSpeak what just happened.

Evidentally some idiot from Switzerland 77.56.97.116 likes to play around.

I am going to go over now to TS and report the issue.

The TS server will remain down until it is rectified.

OleBoy
November 13th, 2010, 17:37
Hopefully you can ban the guys IP at a minimum. I was trying my dangdest to keep him occupied..lol

Thanks Dave

Dangerousdave26
November 13th, 2010, 17:48
Yes I see where this is a permission issue that came out with the last update. I have got to play around with the permissions with server Query so it will take awhile.

I should have it back up tomorrow.

Cag40Navy
November 13th, 2010, 17:51
Thank you so much DangerousDave!

jkcook28
November 13th, 2010, 18:04
Can you fire up TS2 Dave?

Dangerousdave26
November 13th, 2010, 19:04
Can you fire up TS2 Dave?

No I never set it up on this server and my server is way too outdated to fire up.

Don't worry a temp patch is on the way.

Dangerousdave26
November 14th, 2010, 07:40
With the help of Alcazar (http://forum.teamspeak.com/member.php?u=151612) on the TS Forums the hole has been plugged.

I have to admit I created it. I forgot to set a permission for member, developers and moderators.

needed_kick_power

Since there was no value assigned to that field anyone could have kicked those groups even guests who I thought I had properly neutered.

I have tested and the guest accounts can not kick, ban, or move registered members.

The password has been removed.

Roadburner440
November 14th, 2010, 07:49
That is all good news. At least it was a created loop hole instead of somebody that had hacked into the servers. Hopefully they will never make a return to the servers again.

OleBoy
November 14th, 2010, 08:19
With the help of Alcazar (http://forum.teamspeak.com/member.php?u=151612) on the TS Forums the hole has been plugged.

I have to admit I created it. I forgot to set a permission for member, developers and moderators.

needed_kick_power

Since there was no value assigned to that field anyone could have kicked those groups even guests who I thought I had properly neutered.

I have tested and the guest accounts can not kick, ban, or move registered members.

The password has been removed.

You know, I noticed that when I first got on!! My apology for not realizing what was going on as I should have brought that to someones attention ASAP. My permissions were all backwards it seemed. Funny thing is, I mentioned it indirectly to the others in the P-61 development forum...and they didn't catch it either!! ROFL