PDA

View Full Version : Of Historical Interest?

Ali Cat
November 13th, 2010, 13:59
I was doing research for a campaign and I stumbled opon the following reference at Google books.

World War II: a cataloging reference guide
By Buckley Barry Barrett

I thought it might be of interest.

Jagdflieger
November 14th, 2010, 10:41
Ali Cat,

The link does not work for me. Can you post the address directly?

Ali Cat
November 15th, 2010, 08:23
… hmm, that is confusing – silly me. The title is just text underlined and is not a link. Here’s a direct one:
http://books.google.com/books?id=F2d2JQis8wAC&printsec=frontcover&dq=World+War+II:+a+cataloging+reference+guide&hl=en&ei=E2zhTKXXAoeglAedwqiXAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=book-preview-link&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQuwUwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false
Or , of course, one can just go to Google Books and search with the title – I get it this way on the first hit. If you do, check out the first paragraph in the introduction which is what got my attention.
“This guide seeks to improve the subject access to World War II information … to find more materials than otherwise [would be] possible.”
Also, just as a test, I cross checked the following rather area specific text from my own notes:
(D767.99.N44 H35 1989) Munda Trail: the New Georgia campaign by Eric Hammel
On page 20 of Barrett’s reference he shows D767.99.N44 to be specific to WWII/New Georgia. When I saw this I let out an involuntary “Wow” (WOL?).